NASCAR 2010

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: NASCAR 2010

Post by Lavabe » July 19th, 2010, 1:04 am

TillyGalore wrote:Congrats on the win, Lavabe.
Thanks, but it does little in terms of making up for that MONSTER win colchar had the week before. I'll have to hope and pray that colchar starts Mark Martin, Martin Truex Jr, and Bill Elliot for the next 8 weeks to have ANY chance of catching him.

Is it my imagination, or is Jeff Gordon having a bad year? I mean, not as bad as Edwards, but still, Hendrick seems to be having some bad luck with Martin, Gordon, and Junior.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 19th, 2010, 6:30 pm

Lavabe wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:Congrats on the win, Lavabe.
Thanks, but it does little in terms of making up for that MONSTER win colchar had the week before.
That was a rather timely win for me. After winning about 1/3 of the spring races I hadn't won a thing all summer and really needed that one.
I'll have to hope and pray that colchar starts Mark Martin, Martin Truex Jr, and Bill Elliot for the next 8 weeks to have ANY chance of catching him.
I did have Martin sitting on the bench that week.
Is it my imagination, or is Jeff Gordon having a bad year? I mean, not as bad as Edwards, but still, Hendrick seems to be having some bad luck with Martin, Gordon, and Junior.
Not your imagination at all.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 21st, 2010, 12:45 am

Everyone remember to get your picks in for this week!
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 21st, 2010, 3:17 am

colchar wrote:Everyone remember to get your picks in for this week!
Colchar: Don't forget to pick Martin, Martin, Ambrose, and Elliot this week. ;) PLEASE!! :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 21st, 2010, 1:04 pm

Lavabe wrote:
colchar wrote:Everyone remember to get your picks in for this week!
Colchar: Don't forget to pick Martin, Martin, Ambrose, and Elliot this week. ;) PLEASE!! :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:

I've got one of them in my lineup.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 23rd, 2010, 12:01 pm

Is Carl Edwards trying to turn heel? I mean, does he deserve more than a second double-secret probation for running into Keselowski in the recent Nationwide race?
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 24th, 2010, 5:13 pm

I am not feeling good about this week's race. I think I'm going to lose some ground Sunday.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 25th, 2010, 8:08 am

I have the Formula 1 German Grand Prix at Hockenheim on the in the hotel room.

Those right turns are just weird.

It's the only start I've ever seen in which the pole leader got passed twice in the first straightaway. And three cars had to pit during the first lap. One of them is out of the race. Talk about start and park!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 25th, 2010, 3:25 pm

I knew I should've picked Montoya in this race. Stupid decision but most of my drivers are doing reasonably well I guess. Picking Sorenson was clearly a bad idea.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 25th, 2010, 4:04 pm

colchar wrote:I knew I should've picked Montoya in this race.

I take that back.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 25th, 2010, 4:15 pm

colchar wrote:
colchar wrote:I knew I should've picked Montoya in this race.

I take that back.
=)) =))
I just saw that he crashed.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 25th, 2010, 4:21 pm

Damed Martin, dropping out of the top ten to finish the race in eleventh. Shitty. Oh well, Lavabe wanted me to pick him and I did.

My drivers finished 2nd (Harvick), 6th (Burton), 11th (Martin), and 35th (Sorenson). That Sorenson pick was a bad one.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 25th, 2010, 5:18 pm

colchar wrote:Damed Martin, dropping out of the top ten to finish the race in eleventh. Shitty. Oh well, Lavabe wanted me to pick him and I did.

My drivers finished 2nd (Harvick), 6th (Burton), 11th (Martin), and 35th (Sorenson). That Sorenson pick was a bad one.
Stop kvetching! I'd kill for my A-lister to have been in 11th place.

Hey, I went against the Hendrick Bad Luck discussion and took Jeff Gordon (20-something) over Tony Stewart (Top 5). Although Dinger was 20 places better than Sorenson, the truly horrid bad luck of Hendrick's JG hurt me bad... worse than a freakin' 11th place finish by your A-lister.

Had I gone with what I wished you would take, I'd have had more points than what I got this week.

That's just SAD!!!!! 8-} 8-} :ymblushing:
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 25th, 2010, 5:20 pm

Lavabe wrote:
colchar wrote:Damed Martin, dropping out of the top ten to finish the race in eleventh. Shitty. Oh well, Lavabe wanted me to pick him and I did.

Stop kvetching! I'd kill for my A-lister to have been in 11th place.

Hey, I went against the Hendrick Bad Luck discussion and took Jeff Gordon (20-something) over Tony Stewart (Top 5). Although Dinger was 20 places better than Sorenson, the truly horrid bad luck of Hendrick's JG hurt me bad... worse than a freakin' 11th place finish by your A-lister.

Had I gone with what I wished you would take, I'd have had more points than what I got this week.

That's just SAD!!!!! 8-} 8-} :ymblushing:

The A-lister that I had sitting on the bench was Tony Stewart.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » July 25th, 2010, 5:39 pm

There was a race this week?
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 25th, 2010, 5:48 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:There was a race this week?
You should have attended it. Indy isn't that far from you.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 25th, 2010, 6:10 pm

Lavabe wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:There was a race this week?
You should have attended it. Indy isn't that far from you.

I only watched a bit of the race but there seemed to be an awful lot of empty spaces in the stands.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 25th, 2010, 6:55 pm

Congrats to the Road Warriors for out pacing the rest of the field this week!
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » July 25th, 2010, 9:04 pm

colchar wrote:Congrats to the Road Warriors for out pacing the rest of the field this week!
Thanks! I am gonna enjoy it this week, as a few of my picks are at the max 9 picks now. Gotta try harder to unseat the champ Colchar! I'll settle for second though :))
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 25th, 2010, 10:19 pm

knights68 wrote:
Thanks! I am gonna enjoy it this week, as a few of my picks are at the max 9 picks now. Gotta try harder to unseat the champ Colchar! I'll settle for second though :))

I'm still a long way from being the champ! I led the summer session briefly (by two points) but fell back into second place this week (by three points). I still have the overall season lead but that can disappear with one bad race.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------