LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by wilson » August 7th, 2009, 12:30 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
wilson wrote:Not to worry though; I'll be otherwise engaged for much of the weekend.
I'm sure Tilly, Sue, and Cathy would agree with me that PWing is FAR more fun than packing and/or unpacking. Alas, I have to clean my spare room this weekend (company's coming), so unpacking is on my agenda. :-q
(thumbs down to unpacking, not the company)
Well, the packing is almost done. And my birthday is Sunday, so there's nofuckingway I'll be doing too much unpacking this weekend. When I say "otherwise engaged", I mean in endeavors that will kill brain cells.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 7th, 2009, 12:35 am

wilson wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
wilson wrote:Not to worry though; I'll be otherwise engaged for much of the weekend.
I'm sure Tilly, Sue, and Cathy would agree with me that PWing is FAR more fun than packing and/or unpacking. Alas, I have to clean my spare room this weekend (company's coming), so unpacking is on my agenda. :-q
(thumbs down to unpacking, not the company)
Well, the packing is almost done. And my birthday is Sunday, so there's nofuckingway I'll be doing too much unpacking this weekend. When I say "otherwise engaged", I mean in endeavors that will kill brain cells.
Happy birthday in advance, and don't kill too many brain cells!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 7th, 2009, 12:36 am

ArkieDukie wrote: Happy birthday in advance, and don't kill too many brain cells!
Well, Charleston girl is coming to town, so I can't kill too many, if you know what I mean...
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 7th, 2009, 12:38 am

wilson wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote: Happy birthday in advance, and don't kill too many brain cells!
Well, Charleston girl is coming to town, so I can't kill too many, if you know what I mean...
:)
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 7th, 2009, 12:49 am

wilson wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:[
I met a guy freshman year that didn't remember that we had been already been introduced the first few times we got together. Then he remembered that he knew me but thought my name was Mary. I finally gave up trying to get him to use my real name, so I started calling him Mark. (His name was Rich.) At a graduation party our senior year, I met his family. After we were introduced, they said - oh, you're Mary. I immediately identified them as Mark's parents. I wonder whatever happened to Mark.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 7th, 2009, 12:51 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
wilson wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:[
I met a guy freshman year that didn't remember that we had been already been introduced the first few times we got together. Then he remembered that he knew me but thought my name was Mary. I finally gave up trying to get him to use my real name, so I started calling him Mark. (His name was Rich.) At a graduation party our senior year, I met his family. After we were introduced, they said - oh, you're Mary. I immediately identified them as Mark's parents. I wonder whatever happened to Mark.
Have you looked to see if he's on Facebook? It's amazing how many people you can track down that way.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 7th, 2009, 12:52 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
wilson wrote:
Have you looked to see if he's on Facebook? It's amazing how many people you can track down that way.
I'll have to try that as soon as I remember his last name. Plus, I'm still trying to figure out this facebook thing.
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 7th, 2009, 12:59 am

DukieInKansas wrote: I'll have to try that as soon as I remember his last name. Plus, I'm still trying to figure out this facebook thing.
You don't even necessarily need it. If you remember his real first name, you can put it in under the Duke grouping. If he joined the Duke group as an alum, that will narrow it down considerably. You might recognize his last name, or his picture if he has one. I found a couple people that way. You might even be able to narrow it by graduating class.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 7th, 2009, 1:02 am

Just finished two more chapters of my new book, and I'm going to bed. I've just finished Capter 6 and am up to page 50. it's a good start for three days work, I think, considering I spend so much time chasing the kids. 'Night. (-|

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 7th, 2009, 1:11 am

I gotta hit the hay too. Tomorrow's the big furniture-moving day. This house will be essentially empty the next time I go to sleep. :o ~x( :ympray: :-l 8-| :ymsigh: x_x
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 7th, 2009, 1:22 am

Man, I'm up too late. But the Braves are in the 9th. May as well see it through.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 7th, 2009, 1:23 am

wilson wrote:Man, I'm up too late. But the Braves are in the 9th. May as well see it through.
...and the closer is doing his best to blow it. Motherfucker.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 7th, 2009, 1:26 am

wilson wrote:
wilson wrote:Man, I'm up too late. But the Braves are in the 9th. May as well see it through.
...and sure enough, he did. Fuckin' fuckety shit fuck fuck fuck fuck.
Fuck.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 7th, 2009, 1:26 am

Fuck.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 7th, 2009, 1:44 am

wilson wrote:

Kill as many brain cells as you want - it's the performance of your other head that you'll have to worry about this weekend.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 7th, 2009, 5:42 am

colchar wrote:
wilson wrote:

Kill as many brain cells as you want - it's the performance of your other head that you'll have to worry about this weekend.
%-( %-( %-( %-( %-( %-( %-(
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 7th, 2009, 5:45 am

bjornolf wrote:I've just finished Capter 6 and am up to page 50.
From the guy who brought you "ased," would you please let me know if I may use "capter" in my next SCRABBLE game with wilson? ;) :D

WHERE is greybeard? I miss that guy. :-bd
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 7th, 2009, 5:48 am

wilson wrote:
wilson wrote:
...and sure enough, he did. Fuckin' fuckety shit fuck fuck fuck fuck.
Fuck.
Does Charleston Woman know about Crazietalk.Net? b-( b-( b-(
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 7th, 2009, 5:54 am

wilson wrote:Well, Charleston girl is coming to town, so I can't kill too many, if you know what I mean...
In future postings on CTN, should we adopt the name "Charleston Girl" (CG for short) when talking about her, or should she be known as Charleston Woman (CW) or Charleston Lady (CL)?
:-B :-B :geek: :ugeek: b-(
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 7th, 2009, 5:58 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:When we get the chat room running, the LTE will suffer drastically.
RIGHT!!! ;) ;)) :ymbringiton: