Biden won, it's over --- The Election Thread

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Trump Vs Biden --- The Election Thread

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 9th, 2020, 1:33 pm

This will be fun. No plans for debate prep for Trump.
President Donald Trump has not held a single mock debate session, and has no plans to stage a formal practice round, as he readies for his first faceoff with Joe Biden in less than three weeks, according to multiple people familiar with the discussions.

The president has dismissed the typical debate preparations he participated in four years ago, joking to aides and allies that he’s been preparing for debates since he was born. His ability to fire back at an opponent in real time, he’s argued, “isn’t something you have to practice.”

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-spurns-tra ... 00253.html
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Phredd3
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by Phredd3 » September 9th, 2020, 1:40 pm

OPK wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 6:48 pm
Phredd3 wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 5:54 pm
CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 11:42 pm
Looks like they pulled down all of the posts about abortion. Because I was getting really annoyed that the poster (who I think is normally pretty reasonable) was able to basically declare who he is voting for and justify it by saying it is what Jesus wants.
The original post is still there. I just went to check. OPK quickly replied that it was a "perfectly reasonable and accurate post". I think that is half right. There is little in that post that was based on reason. Faith, perhaps. Not reason.
Where is his post? I see his deleted one at #12,738 indicating the whole thing was redacted but don’t see the post that was (apparently not) redacted which I apparently thought was reasonable.
Post 12,647.
dudog

Post by dudog » September 9th, 2020, 4:10 pm

Joe stepping it up:

"It's beyond despicable. It's a dereliction of duty. It's a disgrace," Biden said. "He failed to do his job on purpose. It was a life-and-death betrayal of the American people."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz

People care about their pocketbooks. They care about their lives more. (At least those that are not deranged or racist)
dudog

Post by dudog » September 9th, 2020, 4:25 pm

Money talks. In August, the score was:

Biden: $364M
Trump: $201M

Rich people didn't get rich by throwing good money after bad. They know a loser when they see one. The rats are jumping ship.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB18ShIJ
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » September 9th, 2020, 5:33 pm

The Dems need to go for the jugular. Don't just beat Trump. Sweep the house and senate. They need to go after all of the Trump-loyal congressmen and link them to Trump's craziness. Trump might be bulletproof but not all of his sycophants are. Use some of his recent comments against him in states with a lot of military and/or have been hit hard by COVID.

I don't trust him at all. I think he has realized he isn't going to convince anyone else to vote for him so he is doing everything he can to repress the vote. As well as make people question the legitimacy of the vote. I posted an article from today's NYT OY about ways that there can be chaos around the vote. I'm sure Trump has thought of all of them and then some. He has no morals - it is all about winning.
dudog

Post by dudog » September 9th, 2020, 6:04 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 5:33 pm
The Dems need to go for the jugular. Don't just beat Trump. Sweep the house and senate. They need to go after all of the Trump-loyal congressmen and link them to Trump's craziness. Trump might be bulletproof but not all of his sycophants are. Use some of his recent comments against him in states with a lot of military and/or have been hit hard by COVID.
SWEEP THE LEG!!!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 9th, 2020, 6:15 pm

dudog wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 4:10 pm
Joe stepping it up:

"It's beyond despicable. It's a dereliction of duty. It's a disgrace," Biden said. "He failed to do his job on purpose. It was a life-and-death betrayal of the American people."

People care about their pocketbooks. They care about their lives more. (At least those that are not deranged or racist)
Trump just keeps feeding the Biden campaign with fodder. Like the rest of us, I'm betting the Biden folks are having a hard time keeping up!
OPK
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by OPK » September 9th, 2020, 7:02 pm

Phredd3 wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 1:40 pm
OPK wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 6:48 pm
Phredd3 wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 5:54 pm

The original post is still there. I just went to check. OPK quickly replied that it was a "perfectly reasonable and accurate post". I think that is half right. There is little in that post that was based on reason. Faith, perhaps. Not reason.
Where is his post? I see his deleted one at #12,738 indicating the whole thing was redacted but don’t see the post that was (apparently not) redacted which I apparently thought was reasonable.
Post 12,647.
Thanks, I though you were talking about a post by Wheat. That is by jv001.

As for jv001’s post — staring that there are Christians who will vote for Trump despite his bad character because of his (professed) opposition to abortion -- I think that is undeniably true. My comment that the post was a “perfectly reasonable and accurate post” is because jv001 ended his post concerned about getting dinged for speaking his mind. I support free speech and didn’t want to see him dinged so I stood up for his right to make that post. Especially because there are precious few posters who live outside the echo chamber.
Furniture
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Furniture » September 9th, 2020, 11:24 pm

3E992B89-623E-4F86-898B-1CE2E6E201A7.jpeg
If anyone ever tells you they are a stable genius. Get the hell out of there.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 10th, 2020, 8:29 am

Furniture wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 11:24 pm
:spork: :spork: :spork:

A facebook friend of mine walked her mail in ballot down to the BOE yesterday. It's the first vote that I personally know of being cast.
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » September 10th, 2020, 9:32 am

Furniture wrote:
The first three words are out of order. You know that's lower points, right? I mean, it's OK. But...it's not as good.
dudog

Post by dudog » September 10th, 2020, 9:44 am

Phredd3 wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 9:32 am
Furniture wrote:
The first three words are out of order. You know that's lower points, right? I mean, it's OK. But...it's not as good.
Only man and woman are switched, and I had to go look that up because I didn't remember specifically. I think it's an awesome sign.
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » September 10th, 2020, 10:00 am

dudog wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 9:44 am
Phredd3 wrote:
Furniture wrote:
Only man and woman are switched, and I had to go look that up because I didn't remember specifically. I think it's an awesome sign.
So do I. But if you get it in order, it's extra points. If you repeat 'em out of order, it's ok. But, you know, it's not as good.

I guess I thought that made it even funnier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8oaaP6 ... e=youtu.be
dudog

Post by dudog » September 10th, 2020, 10:26 am

Phredd3 wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 10:00 am
dudog wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 9:44 am
Phredd3 wrote:

So do I. But if you get it in order, it's extra points. If you repeat 'em out of order, it's ok. But, you know, it's not as good.

I guess I thought that made it even funnier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8oaaP6 ... e=youtu.be
Oh, gotcha. You're right, gotta get 'em in the correct order. Guess I failed the test, I've called for the men in the white coats. :)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 10th, 2020, 11:11 am

Russia's up to their old tricks. (Duh)
Reuters reported Thursday morning that suspected Russian state-backed hackers have attempted to breach the systems at Washington-based SKDKnickerbocker, a strategy and communications firm working hand-in-glove with Joe Biden’s campaign. The attacks, which took place over the past two months, were unsuccessful.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-campai ... 51269.html
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » September 10th, 2020, 11:22 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 11:11 am
Russia's up to their old tricks. (Duh)
Reuters reported Thursday morning that suspected Russian state-backed hackers have attempted to breach the systems at Washington-based SKDKnickerbocker, a strategy and communications firm working hand-in-glove with Joe Biden’s campaign. The attacks, which took place over the past two months, were unsuccessful.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-campai ... 51269.html
If there's one lesson the Biden campaign took away from 2016, I sure as heck hope that lesson is data security. Lord knows that the country as a whole has completely ignored the entire first volume of the Mueller report. Whatever else anyone thinks of Mueller, here ought to have been bi-partisan mobilization on that, and there absolutely was not.
hml1959
I don't know what PWing is.
I don't know what PWing is.

Post by hml1959 » September 10th, 2020, 11:49 am

dudog wrote:
Joe stepping it up:

Joe about summed it up. Finding it sort of hard to disagree
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 10th, 2020, 12:23 pm

dudog wrote:
Joe stepping it up:

Biden took all of one day to turn Trump's words into a campaign ad.
dudog

Post by dudog » September 10th, 2020, 1:12 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 12:23 pm
dudog wrote:
Joe stepping it up:

Biden took all of one day to turn Trump's words into a campaign ad.
He's still dragging. I think The Lincoln Project had something up within 3 hours. Not kidding. The Rs are simply better at this stuff. Glad some are on Joe's side (or I should probably say, not Trump's...though I don't think they're going to have a party to go back to after the election either way).
dudog

Post by dudog » September 14th, 2020, 12:58 pm

Absolutely stunning. That someone can continue to lie despite the obvious facts and recordings. You honestly have to wonder whether he's that venal or really believes his own shit.