Exercise!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: Exercise!

Post by wilson » January 29th, 2011, 9:28 pm

I've been saying for several weeks that as soon as it got warm, I was going to lace the running kicks up and get back in the swing of things. With mid-60s temps in Atlanta today, I definitively had no more excuses, so I went and ran the path around the nearby golf course, one of my favorite runs. It felt great.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 29th, 2011, 9:54 pm

wilson wrote:I've been saying for several weeks that as soon as it got warm, I was going to lace the running kicks up and get back in the swing of things. With mid-60s temps in Atlanta today, I definitively had no more excuses, so I went and ran the path around the nearby golf course, one of my favorite runs. It felt great.
Way to go! :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » January 31st, 2011, 9:36 am

I put in another 3 miles around the golf course yesterday.
The spectacularly pissy mood which the basketball game induced in me made things rather easy.
:facepalm3: x_x X( :flame: :fight:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 31st, 2011, 9:38 pm

I did the 30 minute express workout during the women's game tonight. I couldn't see the score across the gym, but I could tell it was a Bad Day at Black Rock.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 1st, 2011, 10:31 pm

38 minutes on the Arc Trainer. I think I am dead. If so, I am in Hell, but the holes are killing BC. :flame:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » February 3rd, 2011, 3:59 pm

Waiting for the Arctic blast to subside so that I can walk outside again with wonderpooch! :O3
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 3rd, 2011, 9:09 pm

33 minutes with Arc Trainer, my new best friend. Last night it was 30 minutes express workout.

Tomorrow I will have to crawl to the shower.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 3rd, 2011, 10:37 pm

I put in an application to join Duke Center for Living. My orthopedic doctor has to give the OK because of my hip and back problem. I don't see a problem but know I will be restricted to upper body strength training and pool exercise for my hip and back. That's OK. At least this is a beginning.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 8th, 2011, 8:41 pm

Did 30 min, 3.5 mph, 3% incline on the treadmill.

As of this week, I have officially lost 10 lbs since starting my diet/exercise regimen. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: It's amazing how much easier it is to stay motivated when the weight is coming off. Another landmark: on Saturday I was able to put on, and wear, a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to wear for a couple of years. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 8th, 2011, 8:41 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Did 30 min, 3.5 mph, 3% incline on the treadmill.

As of this week, I have officially lost 10 lbs since starting my diet/exercise regimen. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: It's amazing how much easier it is to stay motivated when the weight is coming off. Another landmark: on Saturday I was able to put on, and wear, a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to wear for a couple of years. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
YAY! Congratulations!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 8th, 2011, 8:42 pm

CathyCA wrote:

YAY! Congratulations!
Thanks, Cathy! Small battles, right? :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 8th, 2011, 8:45 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

YAY! Congratulations!
Thanks, Cathy! Small battles, right? :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :9f:
Exactly! The best way to keep the weight off it to do it slowly and steadily. And what greater reward than to be able to put on a pair of skinny jeans again?

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 8th, 2011, 9:35 pm

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Way to go!

I didn't go to the gym tonight. I fought the good fight against the cold that was trying to overtake me, but it has triumphed for the moment.

But we will prevail!
:9f: :9f: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 9th, 2011, 8:49 am

GO TO HELL, carolina, GO TO HELL!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 10th, 2011, 10:24 pm

I felt good enough to go to the gym tonight, for the first time since Monday. Fifteen minutes on the Arc Trainer, fifteen minutes on a stationary bike. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 26th, 2011, 9:18 pm

Rescuing the thread from WAY back. Since I'm finally healthy again, I've gotten back into the exercise game. Did 45 min of Gold's Gym Cardio Dance tonight. Also spent some time clearing snow (about 4" worth!) from my car.
-- Albert Einstein
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 26th, 2011, 9:24 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Rescuing the thread from WAY back. Since I'm finally healthy again, I've gotten back into the exercise game. Did 45 min of Gold's Gym Cardio Dance tonight. Also spent some time clearing snow (about 4" worth!) from my car.
:ymapplause:
I've been back on the wagon recently too...regularly doing the 3-mile run around the golf course near here. I wasn't too good this week, but am gonna get back on it once this nasty rain clears out.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 26th, 2011, 10:35 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Rescuing the thread from WAY back. Since I'm finally healthy again, I've gotten back into the exercise game. Did 45 min of Gold's Gym Cardio Dance tonight. Also spent some time clearing snow (about 4" worth!) from my car.
Glad the thread got rescued. Way to go, AD! Glad you are feeling better.

I made it to the fitness center at the conference on Tuesday in time for the last 20 minutes of "The Biggest Loser." Then back to the local gym Wed (30 minute express workout), Thurs (33 minute Arc trainer) and Fri (30 minute stationary bike).
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 26th, 2011, 10:36 pm

wilson wrote:
:ymapplause:
I've been back on the wagon recently too...regularly doing the 3-mile run around the golf course near here. I wasn't too good this week, but am gonna get back on it once this nasty rain clears out.
Go Wilson! :happy-bouncyblue:
:9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 26th, 2011, 10:39 pm

I'm still going to Center for Living, doing pool aerobics and exercises for my back 3 times a week. :9f: