NASCAR 2012

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: NASCAR 2012

Post by Lavabe » June 3rd, 2012, 5:19 pm

In Fantasy League, Lawgrad wins it with a solid 343 points, followed by Miles (327), Ymo (326), me (321), Tilly (315) and colchar (308).
Standings stay the same in the top 6, with colchar making up half the lead that Iowa has on him. It looks like Tilly passed JGo, who apparently did not change his entries this week. Looks like knights will be the next to challenge JGo.

CONGRATS TO LAWGRAD!! :ymapplause:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 3rd, 2012, 5:29 pm

Lavabe wrote:In Fantasy League, Lawgrad wins it with a solid 343 points, followed by Miles (327), Ymo (326), me (321), Tilly (315) and colchar (308).
Standings stay the same in the top 6, with colchar making up half the lead that Iowa has on him. It looks like Tilly passed JGo, who apparently did not change his entries this week. Looks like knights will be the next to challenge JGo.

Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then, but thanks.

When I got up from my nap and saw JJ up front and two of my other three drivers in the top 10, I got too nervous to watch. But on a positive note, I did get the supper steaks put into a nice marinade (meaning the first line of the recipe is "add a half bottle of beer") :9f: and picked out a wine.
Iron Duke #1471997.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » June 3rd, 2012, 6:52 pm

In the other pool I am in one of the members picked drivers that finished 1st, 4th. 5th, and 6th :-o
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » June 3rd, 2012, 8:01 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
Lavabe wrote:In Fantasy League, Lawgrad wins it with a solid 343 points, followed by Miles (327), Ymo (326), me (321), Tilly (315) and colchar (308).

Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then, but thanks.

When I got up from my nap and saw JJ up front and two of my other three drivers in the top 10, I got too nervous to watch. But on a positive note, I did get the supper steaks put into a nice marinade (meaning the first line of the recipe is "add a half bottle of beer") :9f: and picked out a wine.
Way to go LG! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » June 4th, 2012, 6:28 pm

NO ONE should select Kurt Busch this week. He was suspended for the Pocono race:
http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/st ... no-weekend
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » June 5th, 2012, 6:02 pm

Reutimann will drive Kurt Busch's #51 car at Pocono.
Vickers is at Le Mans.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 5th, 2012, 9:42 pm

Lavabe wrote:NO ONE should select Kurt Busch this week. He was suspended for the Pocono race:
I'd like to make a career change. I want to be a NASCAR reporter and taunt Kurt Busch. kurt deservers everything bad coming to him, dumb ass!
I worship the Blue Devil!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 5th, 2012, 10:05 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
Lavabe wrote:NO ONE should select Kurt Busch this week. He was suspended for the Pocono race:
I'd like to make a career change. I want to be a NASCAR reporter and taunt Kurt Busch. kurt deservers everything bad coming to him, dumb ass!
I was thinking that, too. I could come up with all kinds of stupid questions to drive him nuts.

I was at my Mom's in Chesapeake when his wife (ex-wife now, maybe) from Virginia Beach announced their engagement in the paper. Gag. I wanted to vomit upon reading about how he proposed in Prague amidst pigeons in the square, or something.
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » June 6th, 2012, 9:41 am

Those Busch boys are spoiled brats with zero manners! Want to know how I really feel??? :D
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 6th, 2012, 8:19 pm

IowaDevil wrote:Those Busch boys are spoiled brats with zero manners! Want to know how I really feel??? :D
These boys clearly were a waste of sperm, egg, and now air. I hate them. Hate, hate, HATE the busch boys and I hope their weenies shrink up and fall off.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 6th, 2012, 9:23 pm

IowaDevil wrote:Those Busch boys are spoiled brats with zero manners! Want to know how I really feel??? :D
Send Boss Hogg after 'em!!!! Where the hell is Roscoe?!!!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » June 9th, 2012, 1:56 pm

Joey Frickin' Logano wins the pole at Pocono, followed by Edwards, Menard, Blech, and Hamlin.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » June 9th, 2012, 7:33 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
These boys clearly were a waste of sperm, egg, and now air. I hate them. Hate, hate, HATE the busch boys and I hope their weenies shrink up and fall off.

You have the entire ID family rolling on the floor with your description of the Busch boys! Thx! =)) =)) =)) =))
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » June 10th, 2012, 5:26 pm

I think I got a much needed win today but the standings haven't been updated yet (it says they will be tomorrow...I guess because of the start of the new session) so I am not 100% certain.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » June 10th, 2012, 6:36 pm

Looks to me like you not only won today but moved up to 3rd place putting me down into 4th! Congrats! :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-checkeredflag:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » June 10th, 2012, 8:26 pm

colchar wrote:I think I got a much needed win today but the standings haven't been updated yet (it says they will be tomorrow...I guess because of the start of the new session) so I am not 100% certain.
Congrats to the Canadian powerhouse! Anyone who picks JOEY FREAKIN' LOGANO when he wins, deserves to move into third place.

I was on the bottom this week, a mere 7 pts behind Ymo... but 115 or so points behind colchar, who indeed moved into 3rd. I blame my loss on the need to use up another freakin' Jeff Gordon pick (one can't live on Jimmie Johnson, Hamlin, and Kenseth alone). Casey Mears was a pick so that I would not use up an Almirola pick. And well, Kasey Kahne freakin' slams into a turn late in the race. And well, the Hendrick buffoons in charge of Jeff Gordon and Dale Jr today guessed wrong about the fuel mileage. Oh well.

ON TO MICHIGAN!!

Hmm... will Reutimann replace Kurt Busch for the remainder of the season?
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » June 10th, 2012, 8:28 pm

By the way... I was attending my daughter's dance recital. This included watching a ballet number to a string quartet version of Gaga's BAD ROMANCE.

#-o :-? :twitch:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 10th, 2012, 9:08 pm

Lavabe wrote:By the way... I was attending my daughter's dance recital. This included watching a ballet number to a string quartet version of Gaga's BAD ROMANCE.

Video to share?
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » June 10th, 2012, 9:51 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
Lavabe wrote:By the way... I was attending my daughter's dance recital. This included watching a ballet number to a string quartet version of Gaga's BAD ROMANCE.

Video to share?
Uhhh... no.

FWIW, it was the Vitamin String Quartet recording of BAD ROMANCE. Legacy Lady wasn't in that one; she does tap.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » June 11th, 2012, 5:59 pm

My score sukkeded this week...