Exercise!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Exercise!

Post by lawgrad91 » January 17th, 2011, 9:47 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Got back into the exercise routine today after a few days of rest with an hour of Cardio Dance. Diet-wise, I lost 1.5 lbs this week! :happy-bouncyblue:

Treadmill is being delivered on Thursday. :happy-bouncyblue:
Yay! Way to go on the weight loss. :happy-bouncyblue: ^:)^ \:d/

Where did you decide to place the treadmill?
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 17th, 2011, 9:50 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Got back into the exercise routine today after a few days of rest with an hour of Cardio Dance. Diet-wise, I lost 1.5 lbs this week! :happy-bouncyblue:

Still trying to decide. Definitely more space in the bedroom, but better AV capabilities in the living/dining area. Could call Charter and get cable in the bedroom.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 17th, 2011, 10:02 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:

Still trying to decide. Definitely more space in the bedroom, but better AV capabilities in the living/dining area. Could call Charter and get cable in the bedroom.
There's no substitute for being able to watch TV while on the treadmill.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 17th, 2011, 10:25 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:

As long as they're going to install cable in the bedroom, get them to put it in every other room in your house while you're there. I have cable drops in rooms where I don't even have television, but you never know when you might want to put a TV in the guest room. . .
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 18th, 2011, 10:13 pm

Treadmill @ gym. 10 minutes running, 25 walking.

I neglected to mention that, despite how screwed up my last week was, what with birthdays and being unable to go to the gym due to the weather, I lost 8/10 of a pound. I was happy; better than being up! :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 19th, 2011, 5:33 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Treadmill @ gym. 10 minutes running, 25 walking.

I neglected to mention that, despite how screwed up my last week was, what with birthdays and being unable to go to the gym due to the weather, I lost 8/10 of a pound. I was happy; better than being up! :happy-bouncyblue:
Woo hoo! Nice job, lawgrad!

Nothing yesterday besides my normal walking. Treadmill being delivered today! For better or worse, it's going in the living room/dining room area. Will need to contemplate furniture rearrangement. Life will be much easier when I replace my 15 year old sofa and love seat.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 19th, 2011, 9:46 pm

Treadmill: 20 min before game, 25 min after game. 3 mph, 5% incline for most of it. That's a pretty decent workout, as it happens. Slowed down and lowered incline for cool-down in last 5 min. My legs are talking to me.

Treadmill lives in the living/dining area. Love being able to exercise while watching TV! :happy-bouncyblue:
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 19th, 2011, 10:14 pm

30 minute walk in the AM ~200 calories
30 minute walk in the PM ~200 calories

Yelling at the refs for about 40 minutes ~1000 calories.
:ymblushing:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 20th, 2011, 10:42 pm

Back to the 30 minute express workout tonight.

The morning dog walk involved a lot of adrenaline, after a skunk ambled across the road in front of us.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 21st, 2011, 8:40 pm

Back on the treadmill tonight. Twenty five minutes of walking, 10 minutes of running. Followed by a glass of red wine, and risotto balls and short rib and vegetable stew at Bin 33 in Greensboro. =p~
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 21st, 2011, 8:55 pm

Treadmill for me tonight, too. Did my usual to/from work walk in addition and am trying to get my remaining exercise calories on the treadmill. 35 min so far, and I'm gradually picking up the pace. Went down a bit on the incline (was at 5%, now at 2%) so I can pick up the speed (now at about 3.2 mph). Need to get about 200 calories more, I think.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 21st, 2011, 9:57 pm

Final tally: 1 hr on the treadmill! The last 25 min was continuous, 3.2 mph on 2% incline. My legs are still talking to me.

One thing I have noticed: my core muscles seem to engage more when I walk on an incline. Tone those abs! :happy-bouncyblue:
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 22nd, 2011, 8:41 pm

1 hr on treadmill, most at 3% incline and 3+ mph, while watching the Duke-Wake game on my DVR.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 25th, 2011, 8:57 pm

I've been doing 30 min - 1 hr on the treadmill every night, 3-3.5 mph, 2-3% incline. Weight loss last week: 1.8 lbs! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 25th, 2011, 9:03 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I've been doing 30 min - 1 hr on the treadmill every night, 3-3.5 mph, 2-3% incline. Weight loss last week: 1.8 lbs! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Way to go! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

I made it to gym (30 minute express workout) last night but not tonight. My ankle is bothering me for some reason. In an effort to keep warm today in the office, I did do some upper body exercises with hand weights.

I feel better when I exercise but the weight loss is slow, so slow.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 25th, 2011, 9:04 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I've been doing 30 min - 1 hr on the treadmill every night, 3-3.5 mph, 2-3% incline. Weight loss last week: 1.8 lbs! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
YAY! That is good news.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 25th, 2011, 9:42 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
Way to go! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

I made it to gym (30 minute express workout) last night but not tonight. My ankle is bothering me for some reason. In an effort to keep warm today in the office, I did do some upper body exercises with hand weights.

I feel better when I exercise but the weight loss is slow, so slow.
Sorry about the ankle - sending vibes that it's better soon! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

My knee has been bothering me a bit, so I'm trying to take things a bit carefully with the treadmill. Don't want to mess it up.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 25th, 2011, 9:44 pm

CathyCA wrote:
YAY! That is good news.
Thanks! I think that adding the true cardio (faster pace on treadmill) was the key ingredient. Dieting doesn't hurt, either. Weight Watchers is a really good diet IMO. Would be interested in hearing what our resident cardiologist thinks.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 26th, 2011, 10:01 pm

Bump.

No treadmills available at the gym. I did 30 minutes with the Arc Trainer, whatever that is. I really wanted to get off the machine, fall over and die.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 29th, 2011, 9:25 pm

Bump from page 2.

Didn't exercise last night; I gave blood in the afternoon and decided an extra night off was in order.

We walked the Museum of Life and Science in Durham today (Lavabe, the red ruffed lemurs are really cute and I got a pretty good picture of one). No idea how much walking that was; my "trusty" pedometer read 00001 about an hour after we got there.

Since that wasn't enough walking, we did the Walmart trek on the way home. Silly me, I would have thought outdoor thermometers would be in the outdoor section, not in hardware.
Iron Duke #1471997.