LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukePA » October 11th, 2018, 5:51 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:We have no idea if Buds brother and wife are ok. The cell towers are down. Praying.
Uncle Doug and Ruth survived Hurricane Michael. They were in Lynn Haven which is close to Panama City. Their home is damaged, but we don't know the degree. Just relieved they're physically okay.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 12th, 2018, 8:49 am

DukePA wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:We have no idea if Buds brother and wife are ok. The cell towers are down. Praying.
Uncle Doug and Ruth survived Hurricane Michael. They were in Lynn Haven which is close to Panama City. Their home is damaged, but we don't know the degree. Just relieved they're physically okay.
Glad to hear they are ok. Hope the damage isn't too extensive.
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 14th, 2018, 7:26 pm

DukePA wrote:
Good to hear they are physically all right. Things can be fixed or replaced. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 15th, 2018, 6:35 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
DukePA wrote:
Good to hear they are physically all right. Things can be fixed or replaced. :9f:
It could be up to 2 months before the electric is restored. Also there is no water or sewerage. Food is scarce. I can't imagine staying there.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 31st, 2018, 3:39 pm

Memo to self: never look at autocorrect fails in court. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 3rd, 2018, 8:40 am

Sigh, I am a poster child for autocorrect failures. Mainly because weird things seem to be stored in my dictionary.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 6th, 2018, 9:02 pm

On Sunday, I noticed how dusty the church piano was, so I wrote my initials in the dust. Then I wrote “Go DUKE” next to my initials.

Hasn’t been dusted since Sunday, so now it says “GTHC.” :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 7th, 2018, 8:54 am

lawgrad91 wrote:On Sunday, I noticed how dusty the church piano was, so I wrote my initials in the dust. Then I wrote “Go DUKE” next to my initials.

This is why I love sisters!
Life is good!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 7th, 2018, 5:17 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:On Sunday, I noticed how dusty the church piano was, so I wrote my initials in the dust. Then I wrote “Go DUKE” next to my initials.

:text-worthless: :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 8th, 2018, 9:53 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

:text-worthless: :9f:
I tried to, but the dust wasn't quite thick enough for it to show in a picture. :9f: :9f: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 16th, 2018, 9:14 pm

We hit something on I-40 last night in Grayson Mini. Blew out a tire, messed up the wheel.

Flow Mini gave us a loaner. It’s a lovely blue Countryman 4 door All 4 (all wheel drive) with luggage racks, has 600 miles on it, drives like a dream.

I have decided its name is Zion. It is awesome, larger than life, and I’m not going to have it very long. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 17th, 2018, 8:36 am

lawgrad91 wrote:We hit something on I-40 last night in Grayson Mini. Blew out a tire, messed up the wheel.

Flow Mini gave us a loaner. It’s a lovely blue Countryman 4 door All 4 (all wheel drive) with luggage racks, has 600 miles on it, drives like a dream.

I have decided its name is Zion. It is awesome, larger than life, and I’m not going to have it very long. :9f:
So sorry but glad y’all are OK. As for Zion, let’s hope he stays healthy for as long as you/we have him! A full season would be great! :9f:

DukePA

Post by DukePA » November 17th, 2018, 6:37 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:We hit something on I-40 last night in Grayson Mini. Blew out a tire, messed up the wheel.

Love it! I have a hard time finding a reliable mechanic for Fiona Tauiliili Mini down here. I was so pleased to learn the Flow Mini in Raleigh will drive a loaner to the coast and bring Fiona to Raleigh for service at no charge. How cool is that? My girl will have an overdue Mini spa day soon :) BTW, she is 10 years old with more than 250,000 miles on her.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 17th, 2018, 7:02 pm

DukePA wrote:

Love it! I have a hard time finding a reliable mechanic for Fiona Tauiliili Mini down here. I was so pleased to learn the Flow Mini in Raleigh will drive a loaner to the coast and bring Fiona to Raleigh for service at no charge. How cool is that? My girl will have an overdue Mini spa day soon :) BTW, she is 10 years old with more than 250,000 miles on her.
Sweet! I didn’t know they did that. I still have Winston Mini Cooper Helfet. He is 8 years old and has 125,000 on him. We go to Martinsville every day. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 19th, 2018, 6:56 am

My Honda Odysseus is almost 12 years old. Nothing is wrong with it except the passenger riverside where the bus hit me. I'm having it fixed. I'm still tired ticked of the trooper gave me a ticket. The prison bus was going 25. I waited until the line was broken before I started to p pass. I was the the bus when it hit me. He hit my passenger side mirror first. I then started moving over as much as I could but couldn't get out of the way. When the trooper got there, he stayed with the DOT prison bus 20 min. Or so. He finally come to me and got my license. When he came back, then gave me my license and the ticket. I was shocked. I ask why did he give me the ticket. He said for improper passing. He never ask me one question or ask me for a statement. He never looked at the damage to my car. I go to court on the 27th. I have talked to several lawyers because it's "it's he said, she said", for 400.00. Crap on that. I'm sure I can do that myself. I'm hoping to get it thrown out. Do I have a chance?
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 19th, 2018, 7:36 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:My Honda Odysseus is almost 12 years old. Nothing is wrong with it except the passenger riverside where the bus hit me. I'm having it fixed. I'm still tired ticked of the trooper gave me a ticket. The prison bus was going 25. I waited until the line was broken before I started to p pass. I was the the bus when it hit me. He hit my passenger side mirror first. I then started moving over as much as I could but couldn't get out of the way. When the trooper got there, he stayed with the DOT prison bus 20 min. Or so. He finally come to me and got my license. When he came back, then gave me my license and the ticket. I was shocked. I ask why did he give me the ticket. He said for improper passing. He never ask me one question or ask me for a statement. He never looked at the damage to my car. I go to court on the 27th. I have talked to several lawyers because it's "it's he said, she said", for 400.00. Crap on that. I'm sure I can do that myself. I'm hoping to get it thrown out. Do I have a chance?
Do you have a chance? Not without a lawyer you don’t. It doesn’t work that way. :9f:

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 19th, 2018, 9:45 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:My Honda Odysseus is almost 12 years old. Nothing is wrong with it except the passenger riverside where the bus hit me. I'm having it fixed. I'm still tired ticked of the trooper gave me a ticket. The prison bus was going 25. I waited until the line was broken before I started to p pass. I was the the bus when it hit me. He hit my passenger side mirror first. I then started moving over as much as I could but couldn't get out of the way. When the trooper got there, he stayed with the DOT prison bus 20 min. Or so. He finally come to me and got my license. When he came back, then gave me my license and the ticket. I was shocked. I ask why did he give me the ticket. He said for improper passing. He never ask me one question or ask me for a statement. He never looked at the damage to my car. I go to court on the 27th. I have talked to several lawyers because it's "it's he said, she said", for 400.00. Crap on that. I'm sure I can do that myself. I'm hoping to get it thrown out. Do I have a chance?
Do you have a chance? Not without a lawyer you don’t. It doesn’t work that way. :9f:
I should have mentioned, the trooper screwed up his report for his office. Several times he concussed the two vehicles up. I know because a friend of mine, a trooper in Virginia looked it up and sent me the report. I'm taking it with me to court. Also a certified copy of my driving record with 0 violations.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 19th, 2018, 11:53 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
I should have mentioned, the trooper screwed up his report for his office. Several times he concussed the two vehicles up. I know because a friend of mine, a trooper in Virginia looked it up and sent me the report. I'm taking it with me to court. Also a certified copy of my driving record with 0 violations.
VDB, even as an attorney, I would get a lawyer if this were my case. If you have AAA, you can get a lawyer through them at a discounted rate, and they may have the same kind of deal with AARP. Get a local attorney who does a lot of traffic cases.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 19th, 2018, 4:37 pm

LG, I really appreciate the advice. I'll call AARP.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 25th, 2018, 12:11 pm

I just read on WRAL sports, unc fried Fedora. Not a big surprise.