LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 9th, 2018, 11:58 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I had dinner, a couple of nights ago, with our old friend Lavabe.
He’s not that old! B-) :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Navajo Code Talkers Day

Post by DukieInKansas » August 14th, 2018, 10:58 am

Today is National Navajo Code Talkers Day. I'm still amazed by these men. They had been punished if they spoke their native language when they were children but then joined the Marines to use their native language to serve our country. They did this in secrecy - they weren't allowed to talk about what they did as the program was classified. It became declassified in 1968. President Reagan set aside August 14th as a day to recognize and honor them in 1982.

I have had the privilege of meeting and hearing Sam Sandoval speak twice. He is one of the last 10 living code talkers from WWII. The code was never cracked.

Thank you to all of the code talkers and their families for their service and sacrifice.

Here is a link to some facts about the code talkers: https://www.history.navy.mil/content/hi ... lkers.html
Life is good!
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: Navajo Code Talkers Day

Post by DukePA » August 14th, 2018, 11:01 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Today is National Navajo Code Talkers Day. I'm still amazed by these men. They had been punished if they spoke their native language when they were children but then joined the Marines to use their native language to serve our country. They did this in secrecy - they weren't allowed to talk about what they did as the program was classified. It became declassified in 1968. President Reagan set aside August 14th as a day to recognize and honor them in 1982.

I have had the privilege of meeting and hearing Sam Sandoval speak twice. He is one of the last 10 living code talkers from WWII. The code was never cracked.

Thank you to all of the code talkers and their families for their service and sacrifice.

Here is a link to some facts about the code talkers: https://www.history.navy.mil/content/hi ... lkers.html
I am in awe of these men as well. They exemplified the true meaning of patriotism and selflessness. Thank you for the link, DinK!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Navajo Code Talkers Day

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 17th, 2018, 7:14 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Today is National Navajo Code Talkers Day. I'm still amazed by these men. They had been punished if they spoke their native language when they were children but then joined the Marines to use their native language to serve our country. They did this in secrecy - they weren't allowed to talk about what they did as the program was classified. It became declassified in 1968. President Reagan set aside August 14th as a day to recognize and honor them in 1982.

We were at a Veterns PA meeting in Albuquerque, NM, in 2003. We were privileged to hear on of them speak. I don't remember his name. It was awesome.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 8th, 2018, 10:45 am

Only time will tell if we stand the test of time...
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 8th, 2018, 7:02 pm

Classy sheep, as usual.

They called a timeout, their last one, with 46 seconds left in the fourth quarter, down 41-19 to ECU. :9f:

Today, we are all PIrates. :Pirate: :ar!
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » September 8th, 2018, 9:18 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Classy sheep, as usual.

They called a timeout, their last one, with 46 seconds left in the fourth quarter, down 41-19 to ECU. :9f:

Aaarrrrgh!!!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 10th, 2018, 2:12 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Classy sheep, as usual.

Ol' Roy - after learning they wasted a perfectly good time out
olroy.jpg
olroy.jpg (13.6 KiB) Viewed 1660 times
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 10th, 2018, 4:27 pm

Due to mechanical issues with the inbound plane yesterday, my flight to Charlotte turned into a bus ride to Phillie. I did have a direct flight to MCI from there and got in about 45 minutes later than originally scheduled. Travelling is always an adventure.
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 12th, 2018, 11:42 am

If any of you ever find yourself in Tacoma, go to Happy Teriyaki #7 near the Tacoma Mall.

We got takeout from there last night. I had on a sweatshirt of the appropriate color and style, and the proprietor said, “Oh, you like Duke? You are very smart. I like Duke.” :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 26th, 2018, 8:28 pm

I had to put myself in timeout.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 30th, 2018, 11:07 am

I wish someone would have made last night up.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » September 30th, 2018, 6:35 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:I wish someone would have made last night up.
For sure.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 3rd, 2018, 6:23 am

Last night was the first time in a while that I didn't need to by the middle of the night thread...
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 3rd, 2018, 10:44 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Last night was the first time in a while that I didn't need to by the middle of the night thread...
This is good news.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 4th, 2018, 7:23 am

Adobe may have changed their icon for Acrobat Reader files. It is really throwing me off.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » October 6th, 2018, 9:05 am

The Clemson football vlog included Nephew Alex sharing his nerd-ness. :happy-bouncyblue: :character-hobbes:
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 7th, 2018, 8:58 am

Is nerd-ness allowed to be used in the same sentence as football?
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » October 7th, 2018, 10:10 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Is nerd-ness allowed to be used in the same sentence as football?
He hasn't played football since elementary school, so I think so. During their national championship celebration parade, he claimed he was telling kids along the route "Stay in school! Study hard! Be a nerd!"
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 10th, 2018, 6:46 pm

We have no idea if Buds brother and wife are ok. The cell towers are down. Praying.