Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: You can't make this stuff up!

Post by CathyCA » June 5th, 2018, 11:48 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Has anyone here ever pulled a muscle in his/her tongue? :9f:
How did you do that?

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 5th, 2018, 4:13 pm

CathyCA wrote:
How did you do that?

I didn't.

Jethro did. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » June 6th, 2018, 12:38 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
How did you do that?

I didn't.

=)) =)) =)) =)) =))
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 7th, 2018, 9:35 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
How did you do that?

I didn't.

I don't even want to know how Jethro did it. L-)

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 7th, 2018, 11:20 am

CathyCA wrote:]
How did you do that?
````````````````````````````
I didn't.

Jethro did. :9f:[/quote]

I don't even want to know how Jethro did it. L-)

:9f:[/quote]
:ymsick: :ymsick: :ymsick: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 27th, 2018, 9:20 am

Courtroom attire tip: If you are testifying in Circuit Court, you are likely to make a better impression on the Judge if you wear something other than a T-shirt that reads “SHHH! No one cares.”
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » June 27th, 2018, 10:55 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Courtroom attire tip: If you are testifying in Circuit Court, you are likely to make a better impression on the Judge if you wear something other than a T-shirt that reads “SHHH! No one cares.”
=)) =)) =))
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 27th, 2018, 3:15 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Courtroom attire tip: If you are testifying in Circuit Court, you are likely to make a better impression on the Judge if you wear something other than a T-shirt that reads “SHHH! No one cares.”
My guess is that he/she was answering Melania’s coat question?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 27th, 2018, 4:00 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
My guess is that he/she was answering Melania’s coat question?
That's what TigerDevil (who was present for the hearing) said. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 31st, 2018, 10:01 am

This is part of an email I got yesterday.

I think you are involved in this case. Miller is set for guilty plea tomorrow for B&E. This is the guy in the house-butt-naked and cooking a pizza.

He also has been indicted for G/L. I don't have discovery yet and my client says he was naked-i.e. didn't take anything. I don't think he even ate the pizza. Please me know your thoughts on this case. I would like to resolve tomorrow

Unfortunately, it is not my case. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 31st, 2018, 6:55 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:This is part of an email I got yesterday.

I think you are involved in this case. Miller is set for guilty plea tomorrow for B&E. This is the guy in the house-butt-naked and cooking a pizza.

He also has been indicted for G/L. I don't have discovery yet and my client says he was naked-i.e. didn't take anything. I don't think he even ate the pizza. Please me know your thoughts on this case. I would like to resolve tomorrow

Unfortunately, it is not my case. :9f:
=)) =)) =))
He definitely didn’t steal clothing...
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 1st, 2018, 11:00 am

What is the difference between being "naked," being "butt naked," and being "buck naked?" And are any of these situations a defense to grand larceny?

This defense might work if it were an alibi defense: "My client, Mr. Buck Naked, at the time of the theft, was cooking a pizza at the Nudist Campground in Grantsboro, N.C." <----not that I would KNOW about this campground in any way, except that I closed the real estate loan on this place in the last year or so. . .

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 2nd, 2018, 7:19 am

CathyCA wrote:What is the difference between being "naked," being "butt naked," and being "buck naked?" And are any of these situations a defense to grand larceny?

This defense might work if it were an alibi defense: "My client, Mr. Buck Naked, at the time of the theft, was cooking a pizza at the Nudist Campground in Grantsboro, N.C." <----not that I would KNOW about this campground in any way, except that I closed the real estate loan on this place in the last year or so. . .

Did you do a visual inspection of the property before closing??!!! =)) :9f:

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 2nd, 2018, 2:44 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CathyCA wrote:What is the difference between being "naked," being "butt naked," and being "buck naked?" And are any of these situations a defense to grand larceny?

LOL--NO! I didn't even know that it was a nudist camp it until my paralegal told me that's what we were working on. She always looks up the address of the property that we're working on to see what it looks like. In a typical residential real estate closing, it makes for a nice conversation starter: "We looked at the pictures of your new place. It's beautiful."

In this case, we found the campground rules, which included "Campers must always sit on a towel." <---this is a hygeine rule. Also, "Campers must wear shoes at all times. Flip flops are required in the pool and shower area."

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 2nd, 2018, 3:19 pm

CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

LOL--NO! I didn't even know that it was a nudist camp it until my paralegal told me that's what we were working on. She always looks up the address of the property that we're working on to see what it looks like. In a typical residential real estate closing, it makes for a nice conversation starter: "We looked at the pictures of your new place. It's beautiful."

In this case, we found the campground rules, which included "Campers must always sit on a towel." <---this is a hygeine rule. Also, "Campers must wear shoes at all times. Flip flops are required in the pool and shower area."

Ah, a Google Earth close up picture of the campsite ;) Gotchya! B-) :9f:

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 2nd, 2018, 3:23 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Ah, a Google Earth close up picture of the campsite ;) Gotchya! B-) :9f:
You go ahead and knock yourself out trying to find pictures of it! LOL

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 3rd, 2018, 4:23 pm

Hahaha!

BTW, the interim director of the American Association for Nude Recreation was a classmate of mine at Duke.

Also, I know a lady who is a member of the place in Greensboro. I used to attend church with her, and she is a good friend of another friend I currently attend church with, and she has invited him to some “gatherings” there. If she were in the Google Earth pic, I imagine it would make the viewer :ymsick: :ymsick: :ymsick:

Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 4th, 2018, 7:44 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Hahaha!

BTW, the interim director of the American Association for Nude Recreation was a classmate of mine at Duke.

Also, I know a lady who is a member of the place in Greensboro. I used to attend church with her, and she is a good friend of another friend I currently attend church with, and she has invited him to some “gatherings” there. If she were in the Google Earth pic, I imagine it would make the viewer :ymsick: :ymsick: :ymsick:

So you’re saying she can be seen from space on an everyday basis? :ymsick: :9f:

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 5th, 2018, 9:41 am

Yesterday, Jon officiated a wedding in the middle of nowhere in Moore County, North Carolina.

After Jon began the, "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the marriage of this man to this woman. . . " an old guy with a military haircut wearing a red sweater vest (in August!) walked down the center aisle of the church and said, "I'm a prophet, and the Lord told me that she is marrying the wrong man."

Jon looked up at him and said, "Well the Lord did not tell me that, so I’m going need you to sit down, sir, or you can be excused!" The man sat down quietly on front row the rest of the service and did not utter another word.

Fun times, I tell you. There is never a dull moment in our lives.

~ James Naismith
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » August 6th, 2018, 12:43 pm

I need to check in more often - this stuff makes for some loud laughing! I sure hope the book you're writing is in progress! =)) =)) =))
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: