Exercise!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Exercise!

Post by lawgrad91 » January 8th, 2011, 10:34 pm

Maybe Washington one year, and Oregon the next! Or vice versa.
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 8th, 2011, 10:37 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Maybe Washington one year, and Oregon the next! Or vice versa.
I'll give you a beer list when you go. :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 8th, 2011, 10:37 pm

Hi, Jack!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 8th, 2011, 10:38 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Hi, Jack!
Hi, Jill.

:text-threadjacked:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 8th, 2011, 10:41 pm

devildeac wrote:
Hi, Jill.

Ah, that's what I was looking for.

My only exercise today consisted of a shopping trip. And a game of Wii tennis. I won, after being down 2-0, match point in game 3, best of 5. :happy-bouncyblue:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 8th, 2011, 10:44 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Hi, Jill.

Ah, that's what I was looking for.

My only exercise today consisted of a shopping trip. And a game of Wii tennis. I won, after being down 2-0, match point in game 3, best of 5. :happy-bouncyblue:
Isn't it fun to watch the opponents sweat on Wii tennis once you've made them run for a while?

I intended to break out the PS3 Move this afternoon and try out the table tennis or the beach volleyball, but the Move controller had no charge.
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » January 9th, 2011, 7:48 am

I did the full round of 12oz lifting last night with beer and a NY strip paired with some finely beer-steamed shrimp. :chef:

BTW, if M&Ms are for energy...what purpose, beer? :confusion-confused: Of course, that's rhetorical. I'm always confused.
:twitch:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 9th, 2011, 8:56 am

captmojo wrote:I did the full round of 12oz lifting last night with beer and a NY strip paired with some finely beer-steamed shrimp. :chef:

BTW, if M&Ms are for energy...what purpose, beer? :confusion-confused: Of course, that's rhetorical. I'm always confused.
Beer relaxes the muscles so you can rest. Would you like me to write you a prescription? =))
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 9th, 2011, 2:07 pm

CathyCA wrote:
captmojo wrote:I did the full round of 12oz lifting last night with beer and a NY strip paired with some finely beer-steamed shrimp. :chef:

Beer relaxes the muscles so you can rest. Would you like me to write you a prescription? =))
That is not in your job description.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 9th, 2011, 3:19 pm

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote: Beer relaxes the muscles so you can rest. Would you like me to write you a prescription? =))
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 9th, 2011, 3:21 pm

Theoretically it's my exercise day off. It's also B's birthday and a very large meal is staring at me this evening at Fleming's Steakhouse.

With that in mind, I played PS3 Move Sports Champions for an hour. I think my rotator cuff is going to separate from the rest of my body, and my arm will fall off along the way.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 10th, 2011, 7:43 am

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

Do you know how much easier my life would be if I could write prescriptions for my clients?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 10th, 2011, 8:37 am

CathyCA wrote:
devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote: Beer relaxes the muscles so you can rest. Would you like me to write you a prescription? =))
Do you know how much easier my life would be if I could write prescriptions for my clients?
Or how much easier mine would be if I could send my patients to a "lean" or reduced-fat "prison." :ymblushing:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 11th, 2011, 6:33 pm

Another hour of Sports Champions last night, and two hours today. The neighborhood roads were too treacherous to allow for a trip to the gym.

My left arm, shoulder, rotator cuff, and hip (!) are killing me, and I'm out of medicinal M&M's. :(( But we restocked the wine cabinet over the weekend. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 11th, 2011, 7:17 pm

I just finished a 30 min Cardio Dance workout. For some reason, the rotation I'm doing right now has more of the fitness games - usually one dance or cardio boxing routine followed by two fitness games, alternating for about 30 min.

We went out for lunch today as a farewell for a co-worker. It was pretty darn good, and not very diet-friendly. There was a dessert bar. All in all, though, it could've been worse. Tomorrow we're going out for gyros, another not-so-dieter friendly food. Quite yummy, though.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 13th, 2011, 9:58 pm

Last night the 30 minute Express Workout at the gym went quite well.

Tonight on my fifth minute of running my hip started bothering me and it was hard to lift my foot. B was ready to quit as well, so we called it a night. I did run 5 minutes and walked 15. Hip is still not quite right, but better. Knees feel like someone hit them with 2x4's. Sucks getting old.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 13th, 2011, 10:01 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Last night the 30 minute Express Workout at the gym went quite well.

Tonight on my fifth minute of running my hip started bothering me and it was hard to lift my foot. B was ready to quit as well, so we called it a night. I did run 5 minutes and walked 15. Hip is still not quite right, but better. Knees feel like someone hit them with 2x4's. Sucks getting old.
I'm having knee problems at the moment, too. Am taking the day off to rest my knees. Did do a lot of walking today, though.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 16th, 2011, 9:00 am

Took a bit of a rest day yesterday. I did, however, purchase a new treadmill! I bought it at Sports Authority so I could get it delivered and assembled. That should happen in the next few days. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: Dilemma: bedroom (tons of space) or living/dining room (not as much space)? No TV in the bedroom, but that could be remedied.

As for the diet, it's still going well. Despite the fact that I was fairly sedentary yesterday, I woke up hungry and stayed that way all day. I ate like a horse for most of the day - all within the constraints of the diet, and stayed within my points. Woke up this morning and weighed 2 lbs less than I did yesterday! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 17th, 2011, 9:31 pm

After a week that was totally messed up due to weather, holidays, birthdays, etc., we went back to Planet Fitness tonight. Was I ever out of breath at the end of the 30 minute express workout.

I read somewhere that you should use the heaviest weight on machines (or free weights) that you can do without screwing up your technique, and I tried to do that. I also tried to make sure I used heavier weights than the tarhole-tshirt wearing woman who started a few minutes ahead of me. :9f: :9f: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 17th, 2011, 9:45 pm

Got back into the exercise routine today after a few days of rest with an hour of Cardio Dance. Diet-wise, I lost 1.5 lbs this week! :happy-bouncyblue:

Treadmill is being delivered on Thursday. :happy-bouncyblue:
-- Albert Einstein