WTF happened to over yonder?!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

colchar
PWing School Professor

Re: WTF happened to over yonder?!

Post by colchar » August 3rd, 2010, 12:45 am

EarlJam wrote:
THIS, by the way (the above post by CB&B) speaks for itself. It is texbook quality MOD material. In essence, it is an "alert." CB&B did NOT give us a "Warning." He did not threaten to "Ban" anyone. He did not conclude by writing/threatening, "You have been warned!" He simply stated a legitimate concern and had/has the insight to know and trust members here know what to do with it.

Good job CB&B...............seriously. Knowingly or unknowingly, you just made the case for what makes this site so great.

-EarlJam

I agree.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » August 3rd, 2010, 12:46 am

And Colchar, suck on this: **== , you Rush-loving ASS CLOWN! :) :happy-bouncyblue: :tease:

-EarlJammin'
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 3rd, 2010, 12:50 am

colchar wrote:And I'm determined to make CB&B do this :face desk: for the rest of the night.
I have my force field set to full beer. Won't happen. :beer: :obscene-drinkingbuddies:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 3rd, 2010, 12:54 am

EarlJam wrote:And Colchar, suck on this: **== , you Rush-loving ASS CLOWN! :) :happy-bouncyblue: :tease:

-EarlJammin'

:obscene-birdiered:
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 3rd, 2010, 12:55 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
colchar wrote:And I'm determined to make CB&B do this :face desk: for the rest of the night.
I have my force field set to full beer. Won't happen. :beer: :obscene-drinkingbuddies:

Maybe not, but I can sure as hell try!
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » August 3rd, 2010, 12:55 am

Okay, in light of recent events, I would like to propose a handful of new "rules" or "thoughts in general" to help guide us all to Nirvana again.

Don't assume or judge. Everyone deserves a clean slate when it comes to judging intent.
Be respectful. Kind of speaks for itself.
Rights don't make wrongs. When in doubt, choose what you know is right when posting.
Consider how others will feel when you post.
Ask if you have to. But you DON'T have to.
Never post drunk. Okay, nevermind on that one.
Eating your words. Remember, no matter what you write, you will have to own up to the content.
Always take the high road. You'll sleep better at night.
Trolling is not allowed. It's immature.
Make every effort to contribute to the boards daily. Help build a legacy.
Everone here is human. We cannot forget that.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-EarlJam
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » August 3rd, 2010, 12:58 am

colchar wrote:
EarlJam wrote:And Colchar, suck on this: **== , you Rush-loving ASS CLOWN! :) :happy-bouncyblue: :tease:

-EarlJammin'

=)) :)) =)) :)) =)) :)) =)) :))

I love this place. It's so not that place. Not that there's anything wrong with that place, in many people's opinions. And there's nothing wrong with other people's opinions, even if they do not align with my opinions.

-EarlJam
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 3rd, 2010, 12:59 am

EarlJam wrote:Okay, in light of recent events, I would like to propose a handful of new "rules" or "thoughts in general" to help guide us all to Nirvana again.
Fuck that, Nirvana sucked. Cobain was so overrated. Why would we want to go back there again?
Never post drunk. Okay, nevermind on that one.
Yeah, that one is a non-starter around here.

Always take the high road. You'll sleep better at night.
I've got insomnia so no chance.

Everone here is human.
Well some of us are.
Last edited by colchar on August 3rd, 2010, 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 3rd, 2010, 1:00 am

EarlJam wrote:
colchar wrote:

-EarlJammin'

=)) :)) =)) :)) =)) :)) =)) :))

I love this place. It's so not that place. Not that there's anything wrong with that place, in many people's opinions. And there's nothing wrong with other people's opinions, even if they do not align with my opinions.

-EarlJam

This is all in good natured fun and everyone knows that. Can you imagine the meltdown that would've occurred if we'd ever tried this over there?
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 3rd, 2010, 5:34 am

throatybeard wrote:I like you a lot, CBB. I'm just sad that, a year after this mostly manufactured conflict should be a forgotten non-issue, there's still like some sort of war mentality happening. The two sites have little to do with each other at this point. I understand that JBDuke is still a focal point, since he was in the middle of the late unpleasantness of April Fool's 09. But Evans? What did he ever do? What did anybody other than Jumbo or JBDuke do, for that matter? There are 20 mods over there.

And even then, in the supposedly offensive message, JBDuke was encouraging people in the LTN to contribute to threads that don't serve as a collector thread for smalltalk. What's so bad about that? He was nice.

I've barely read either site since BB season ended (I'm a busy lazy bad mod I guess), but I got stuff in my inbox about a new CT-DBR war. It's just sad to me.
For someone who hasn't read DBR much since BB season ended, I gotta laugh that you'd rather come over here and stir up trouble versus your job over there. You can't be all that busy if you need to come here and pick and choose the threads you read then respond in manner that makes you look like an ass.
I worship the Blue Devil!
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 3rd, 2010, 7:02 am

We all still love one another, right? #:-s =)) :ymsigh: :twitch:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 3rd, 2010, 7:46 am

Oh what sad times are these, when passing moderators can say "Ni" at will to old posters.
There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 3rd, 2010, 8:02 am

captmojo wrote:Oh what sad times are these, when passing moderators can say "Ni" at will to old posters.
There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred.
:))
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 3rd, 2010, 8:19 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I've emailed the three mods to keep an eye on this thread. Right now nothing is being deleted, but once again remember that if any posts become too inflamatory or attacking they have some decisions to make. This discussion is a healthy one to have..but if you contribute to it double check to make sure your words are not a direct attack at anyone else. Colchar's above response is a perfect example..well thought out criticsm with out resorting to name calling. He gets a spork.

:spork:
:clap: :clap:

My sentiments exactly (well, without the spork).
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 3rd, 2010, 8:20 am

bunny.JPG
bunny.JPG (30.28 KiB) Viewed 253 times
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 3rd, 2010, 8:22 am

windsor wrote:
bunny.JPG
:happy-bouncyblue: :tools-spork:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 3rd, 2010, 8:30 am

windsor wrote:
bunny.JPG
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :spork:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Miles

Post by Miles » August 3rd, 2010, 9:46 am

I'm ready to stop reading about DBR and "over yonder". I'm ready for people here to move on and quit complaining. I'll still love you all if you choose to keep it going but I do really hope that one day, CTN will be free of critiques, criticisms, and complaints about DBR.

For many of us, I think DBR is a dead horse. It's time to stop beating it.

With love and respect. Go Duke.
sMiles
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 3rd, 2010, 9:54 am

colchar wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
devildeac wrote:Can't wait to tune in tomorrow and see what transpires here tonight, if anything further, and throughout the day tomorrow. Our highly paid mods may need one of these by noon or suppertime tomorrow:

:angry-extinguishflame:
I've emailed the three mods to keep an eye on this thread. Right now nothing is being deleted, but once again remember that if any posts become too inflamatory or attacking they have some decisions to make. This discussion is a healthy one to have..but if you contribute to it double check to make sure your words are not a direct attack at anyone else. Colchar's above response is a perfect example..well thought out criticsm with out resorting to name calling. He gets a spork.

:spork:

Personally, and just for shits and giggles, I think Lavabe should be made to do some work rather than just lazing around in the Lay-Z-Boy like the rest of us did when we were mods. I think I'm gonna start a flame war for the sole purpose of making him do some work.In that spirit I'd just like to announce that all of your favourite bands suck.
Geez... I FINALLY get a decent night's sleep, and all stuff breaks loose.

Maybe someone else took my recommendation for Mexican food in the Loop. Once again... SORRY!! Time to get out the lemon peppers. :twitch:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 3rd, 2010, 10:18 am

Miles wrote:I'm ready to stop reading about DBR and "over yonder". I'm ready for people here to move on and quit complaining. I'll still love you all if you choose to keep it going but I do really hope that one day, CTN will be free of critiques, criticisms, and complaints about DBR.

For many of us, I think DBR is a dead horse. It's time to stop beating it.

With love and respect. Go Duke.
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

I agree completely.

I look forward to the day where references to the DBR are links to threads of general interest (ie: "Duke finds way to clone past players...beginning with class of 2028 all duke players will be clones of previous players") not 'did you see what those $%^$%^ did now'.
Last edited by windsor on August 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.