Weather Check!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Weather Check!

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 24th, 2010, 4:23 pm

Even Bud is inside. A rare occurrence in daylight.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 24th, 2010, 4:42 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Even Bud is inside. A rare occurrence in daylight.
:)) Stay cool guys!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 24th, 2010, 5:48 pm

I talked to my brother, in Richmond, today. Their official temp was 104. I'm glad we're not there. :flame:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 24th, 2010, 6:28 pm

I wanted to go to the MUNY tonight to see Cats. It's currently 100 degrees. I don't think I want to see Cats badly enough to sit outside in 100 degree heat. (is there a wimp smilie?)
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 24th, 2010, 7:03 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I wanted to go to the MUNY tonight to see Cats. It's currently 100 degrees. I don't think I want to see Cats badly enough to sit outside in 100 degree heat. (is there a wimp smilie?)
I don't consider your being a wimp. I think your smart. :)
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 24th, 2010, 7:27 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I wanted to go to the MUNY tonight to see Cats. It's currently 100 degrees. I don't think I want to see Cats badly enough to sit outside in 100 degree heat. (is there a wimp smilie?)
I don't consider your being a wimp. I think your smart. :)
Thanks VDB! I'm going to watch a movie in the air conditioned comfort of my living room instead. It's not 100 degrees in my living room. :D
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » July 24th, 2010, 8:38 pm

Back online after having no electricity for over three and a half hours.... the high today was near 100. Almost 3K without power because of a fallen tree limb. The AC finally kicked in and my computer's on. Whew! I think that turnaround deserves a sapphire!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 24th, 2010, 8:56 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote: Whew! I think that turnaround deserves a sapphire!
Great idea! Hey CB&B, let's award sapphires instead of pitchforks!
Attachments
Sapphire.jpeg
Sapphire.jpeg (2.02 KiB) Viewed 200 times
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » July 24th, 2010, 9:02 pm

Just had a hell of a thunderstorm (gee, Florida + summer = thunderstorm) power was out for an hour - my street flooded as did parts of my backyard which means we got 3+ inches in under an hour. It was a big red blog on the radar map. Easily one of the worst I've seen there was a period of a minute or two where the lightening and thunder didn't stop...just flash after flash and a constant roll of thunder. It passed as quick as it arrived. Lights are on...skies are clear...temps are in the mid 80s.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » July 24th, 2010, 9:02 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Devil in the Blue Dress wrote: Whew! I think that turnaround deserves a sapphire!
Great idea! Hey CB&B, let's award sapphires instead of pitchforks!
A sign of great class, wouldn't you say?
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 24th, 2010, 9:05 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:Back online after having no electricity for over three and a half hours.... the high today was near 100. Almost 3K without power because of a fallen tree limb. The AC finally kicked in and my computer's on. Whew! I think that turnaround deserves a sapphire!
That must have been rough. Happy your electric is back. Stay cool. :)
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 24th, 2010, 9:05 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:Back online after having no electricity for over three and a half hours.... the high today was near 100. Almost 3K without power because of a fallen tree limb. The AC finally kicked in and my computer's on. Whew! I think that turnaround deserves a sapphire!
You should be about 4th in line at this time :D .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 24th, 2010, 9:07 pm

windsor wrote:Just had a hell of a thunderstorm (gee, Florida + summer = thunderstorm) power was out for an hour - my street flooded as did parts of my backyard which means we got 3+ inches in under an hour. It was a big red blog on the radar map. Easily one of the worst I've seen there was a period of a minute or two where the lightening and thunder didn't stop...just flash after flash and a constant roll of thunder. It passed as quick as it arrived. Lights are on...skies are clear...temps are in the mid 80s.
I just looked at the radar, and it appears that a nasty line of thunderstorms is making its way to St. Louis. Maybe it's a good thing I decided not to go to the Muny tonight.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 24th, 2010, 9:08 pm

windsor wrote:Just had a hell of a thunderstorm (gee, Florida + summer = thunderstorm) power was out for an hour - my street flooded as did parts of my backyard which means we got 3+ inches in under an hour. It was a big red blog on the radar map. Easily one of the worst I've seen there was a period of a minute or two where the lightening and thunder didn't stop...just flash after flash and a constant roll of thunder. It passed as quick as it arrived. Lights are on...skies are clear...temps are in the mid 80s.
Well, did you take any pictures with your fancy-dancy new Nikon camera? :Think:

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 24th, 2010, 9:10 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
I just looked at the radar, and it appears that a nasty line of thunderstorms is making its way to St. Louis. Maybe it's a good thing I decided not to go to the Muny tonight.
Yup, here it comes!
http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/s ... irect=true

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 24th, 2010, 9:18 pm

I remember Florida storms when I lived there. Sounds like you had a brutal one. They can e scary.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 24th, 2010, 9:21 pm

It was 100+ in some parts of Winston-Salem today. I saw 103 on my car thermometer as I was driving over on I-40, around 4:00. Glad you got your power back, and I think you definitely deserve a sapphire.

Windsor, glad you got your power back, too. Can we give you a sapphire, as well?
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » July 24th, 2010, 9:51 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
I remember Florida storms when I lived there. Sounds like you had a brutal one. They can e scary.

I absolutely LOVE thunderstorms. Growing up in NY I'd sit on the front porch as a kid with my father and watch them roll in. Did the same with my daughter. One of my dogs, alas, does not love them. He needs to be on my lap (if he could find a way to get closer than that he would do it) shaking and drooling.

I did not bust out the fancy dancy camera - I'm on training video 1 of 6 (no shit)...no idea how to shoot something like that PLUS I wasn't hot on the idea of taking a chance of getting it soaked in the first 24 hours I owned it!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 24th, 2010, 10:04 pm

windsor wrote:I did not bust out the fancy dancy camera - I'm on training video 1 of 6 (no shit)...no idea how to shoot something like that PLUS I wasn't hot on the idea of taking a chance of getting it soaked in the first 24 hours I owned it!
Wow - training videos? I didn't get training videos with my camera.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 24th, 2010, 10:15 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
windsor wrote:I did not bust out the fancy dancy camera - I'm on training video 1 of 6 (no shit)...no idea how to shoot something like that PLUS I wasn't hot on the idea of taking a chance of getting it soaked in the first 24 hours I owned it!
Wow - training videos? I didn't get training videos with my camera.
Wonder if training videos are included when someone signs up over yonder for Date Mrs Robinson.com.
Iron Duke #1471997.