Duke v. Maryland...

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Duke v. Maryland...

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 25th, 2009, 11:11 am

You are so right about the noise Wilson but not all of us were quite. Just not enough of us vocal ones to make much difference. :(
CowboyDevil
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by CowboyDevil » October 25th, 2009, 12:13 pm

Good morning everyone. It is amazing how beautiful the Sun is following a Rain Drenched Victory in the ACC. Wilson, please give the Home Fans a pass this time. Alot of these people have been burned by optomistic thoughts concerning Duke football. They are gun shy, in late game situations. That being said. It is time for Duke Fans everywhere to get out to Wallace Wade Stadium and support this Team. This group of BlueDevils has tremendous HEART, they do not fold when adversity shows its ugly mug. I have been optomistic in past seasons, but with this TEAM Optomism has been replaced. Replaced with CONFIDENCE. CONFIDENCE in their ability to compete, to compete in all facets of the game.

GO DUKE!!
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » October 25th, 2009, 12:43 pm

As I said to the people I sat with yesterday while we were all drenched despite our rain gear and other preparation ..... We didn't go to that game to look pretty. We went there to WIN!

It takes time to turn a large ship around 180 degrees. Yesterday's win and the way it happened are sure signs that the program's turning around. I'm so glad to have the opportunity to be there to experience it!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 25th, 2009, 2:31 pm

Yesterday will go down in my personal history as one my favorite Duke sports days ever (basketball game helped). While the win itself wasn't pretty, the magnitude of it was huge. Our schedule doesn't get any weaker from here on out, but we have great experiences to draw upon in future tough games. I was happy that we found a way to win ugly, and laughed when I read that Cut said the same thing in his post game. Not all days will go as well as others, so it's great to see we can fight though adversity. The brunchgate was beyond awesome...once again we were the first to set up and last to leave, it was great meeting some new faces and some familiar names. Bob Green and his dad were great company, I wish the weather had been better for them, but they did get to see some historic football and watch the basketball game.
Looking forward to the next brunchgate..also looking forward to watching the Devils take home the victory bell in Kenan...but we gotta get through UVA first. GO DUKE!!!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.