Need some help from my girl friends

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Re: Need some help from my girl friends

Post by TillyGalore » October 2nd, 2009, 9:03 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
windsor wrote: Ladies, let us begin discussing bras - brand - fit - support et al.

Starting off - I still quest for a sports bra that keeps the girls in check without squashing them into my arm pits!
I am somewhat amused that you girls call your boobs "the girls". =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

I do admire :D your quest for the perfect bra.
K68 likes to call them "bags o' fun". :)) :)) :))
I worship the Blue Devil!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 2nd, 2009, 9:06 am

Victoria's Secret Bras don't fit me properly for some reason....WindsorsDaughter however LOVES them - of course her girls stand up a little straighter than my girls!

I just got a Chantelle convertible bra at Nordstroms that I really like - I haven't tried Lands End...I see many of them are cotton - that is a big plus in Florida because it is hot most of the time.

Any particular style you favor?
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » October 2nd, 2009, 9:09 am

windsor wrote:Victoria's Secret Bras don't fit me properly for some reason....WindsorsDaughter however LOVES them - of course her girls stand up a little straighter than my girls!

I just got a Chantelle convertible bra at Nordstroms that I really like - I haven't tried Lands End...I see many of them are cotton - that is a big plus in Florida because it is hot most of the time.

I think Sears carry's some Lands End products in their stores. Might be worth a shot to see if they have bras in the stores.
I worship the Blue Devil!
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » October 2nd, 2009, 9:49 am

Thanks to a wonderful sales clerk in what was then Marshall Fields, Olga became my brand of choice. Many of Olga's designs have the straps placed nearer the center of the back, unlike cheaper designs with them closer to the shoulders. (So much more comfortable..... I'm sure there's a scientific explanation related to distribution of weight or mass.) Olga is not available quite as widely as some other brands, but I found that SteinMart carries a varying selection of Ola bras and at a good price.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 2nd, 2009, 9:52 am

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:Thanks to a wonderful sales clerk in what was then Marshall Fields, Olga became my brand of choice. Many of Olga's designs have the straps placed nearer the center of the back, unlike cheaper designs with them closer to the shoulders. (So much more comfortable..... I'm sure there's a scientific explanation related to distribution of weight or mass.) Olga is not available quite as widely as some other brands, but I found that SteinMart carries a varying selection of Ola bras and at a good price.
But why'd they have to name 'em after somebody's Russian grandma?
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 2nd, 2009, 9:53 am

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:Thanks to a wonderful sales clerk in what was then Marshall Fields, Olga became my brand of choice. Many of Olga's designs have the straps placed nearer the center of the back, unlike cheaper designs with them closer to the shoulders. (So much more comfortable..... I'm sure there's a scientific explanation related to distribution of weight or mass.) Olga is not available quite as widely as some other brands, but I found that SteinMart carries a varying selection of Ola bras and at a good price.

I think I had a few Olga's in my collection once upon a time...as I recall I liked them...and the made the odd size I wore back then (I have small bones - meaning my number size was 32 but the letter was a 'D' - try finding THAT on the rack - fortunatley I have porked up enough that I don't wear a 32 anymore)
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 2nd, 2009, 10:26 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
windsor wrote: Ladies, let us begin discussing bras - brand - fit - support et al.

Starting off - I still quest for a sports bra that keeps the girls in check without squashing them into my arm pits!
I am somewhat amused that you girls call your boobs "the girls". =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

I do admire :D your quest for the perfect bra.
I had never heard that reference before and am glad Ozzie was the 1st to discuss. :ymblushing: :)) =))
(paging Sham...)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » October 2nd, 2009, 10:36 am

devildeac wrote: I had never heard that reference before and am glad Ozzie was the 1st to discuss. :ymblushing: :)) =))
(paging Sham...)
It's clear that you don't watch "What Not to Wear."
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 2nd, 2009, 10:42 am

windsor wrote:Victoria's Secret Bras don't fit me properly for some reason....WindsorsDaughter however LOVES them - of course her girls stand up a little straighter than my girls!

I buy the smoothing microfiber padded classic T-shirt bras. They provide the right amount of coverage (padded enough so that the :ymparty: :ymparty: don't show through) and they have enough underwire support to give older girls 3:-O the support they need. The straps are adjustible to customize the fit.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 2nd, 2009, 10:48 am

CathyCA wrote:

I buy the smoothing microfiber padded classic T-shirt bras. They provide the right amount of coverage (padded enough so that the :ymparty: :ymparty: don't show through) and they have enough underwire support to give older girls 3:-O the support they need. The straps are adjustible to customize the fit.
Excellent....no one wants to be a saggy thermometer :D :D

I like T-shirt bras, as I don't want to have to think about lace/seams etc showing through my shirts. I shall try one.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 2nd, 2009, 10:59 am

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:
devildeac wrote: I had never heard that reference before and am glad Ozzie was the 1st to discuss. :ymblushing: :)) =))
(paging Sham...)
It's clear that you don't watch "What Not to Wear."
My thoughts exactly (seriously).
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 2nd, 2009, 11:01 am

windsor wrote:I like T-shirt bras, as I don't want to have to think about lace/seams etc showing through my shirts. I shall try one.
If there's a peak of lace somewhere, the chances that I'll buy you a drink go up significantly.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 2nd, 2009, 11:10 am

wilson wrote:
windsor wrote:I like T-shirt bras, as I don't want to have to think about lace/seams etc showing through my shirts. I shall try one.
If there's a peak of lace somewhere, the chances that I'll buy you a drink go up significantly.
No no...lace showing through a t-shirt just looks all bumpy and mutant weird. That is very different from a peak of lace showing at the neckline or a shirt that we KNOW is see through!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 2nd, 2009, 11:12 am

windsor wrote:
wilson wrote:
No no...lace showing through a shirt just looks all bumpy and mutant weird. That is very different from a peak of lace showing at the neckline!
Yeah, I know. My point remains...word to the wise. ;)
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 2nd, 2009, 11:13 am

wilson wrote:
windsor wrote:
wilson wrote:If there's a peek of lace somewhere, the chances that I'll buy you a drink go up significantly.
No no...lace showing through a shirt just looks all bumpy and mutant weird. That is very different from a peak of lace showing at the neckline!
Yeah, I know. My point remains...word to the wise. ;)
Am I hitting on windsor?
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 2nd, 2009, 11:17 am

wilson wrote:Am I hitting on windsor?
I am just a bit too old for you (even by cougar standards) :D but you can buy me a drink any time...I can't resist a pirate :Pirate:
Last edited by windsor on October 2nd, 2009, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » October 2nd, 2009, 11:25 am

My favorite sports bras are Champions. One bit of advice I learned the hard way, when training for a marathon SEAMLESS sports bras are the way to go. I call mine the puppies. And when I'm running more than 5 miles, I want those puppies squished to the point of absolute immobility. Another bit of advice, when the cute, 20-something, A-cup tells you that inside your sports bra is a great place to store you GUs on a 20 miler? Do not listen. And finally, no matter how much support your favorite underwire gives the puppies, do not run in one. Anybody remember the horror story from training for my first marathon, the one that involved a broken underwire?

On the homefront, Victoria's Secret bras used to be my favorite but now they are just pretty to look at with no practical value. I'm looking for a good place to buy a bra. I'm an odd size, truthfully I'm a 35, 34s are just a bit too small and 36s are too big. When I wear see through shirts, I usually put a lacy camisole over the unmentionables. Would that get me a drink, do you think?
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » October 2nd, 2009, 11:26 am

Someone really should tell Shamm about this thread.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 2nd, 2009, 11:33 am

Bostondevil wrote:My favorite sports bras are Champions. One bit of advice I learned the hard way, when training for a marathon SEAMLESS sports bras are the way to go. I call mine the puppies. And when I'm running more than 5 miles, I want those puppies squished to the point of absolute immobility. Another bit of advice, when the cute, 20-something, A-cup tells you that inside your sports bra is a great place to store you GUs on a 20 miler? Do not listen. And finally, no matter how much support your favorite underwire gives the puppies, do not run in one. Anybody remember the horror story from training for my first marathon, the one that involved a broken underwire?

Oh that hurts just thinking about it!!

Most of my 'sporting' need is for agility with the dogs - more like playing basketball (short bursts, lots of pivots and turns) and very short duration - I can imagine that running 20+ miles seamless would be a requirement....even the slightest bit of chaffing over the course of a marathon would turn in to a nightmare. I don't carry anything in my sports bras...but I won't say where my crackberry is right now.......
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 2nd, 2009, 11:36 am

Bostondevil wrote:My favorite sports bras are Champions. One bit of advice I learned the hard way, when training for a marathon SEAMLESS sports bras are the way to go. I call mine the puppies. And when I'm running more than 5 miles, I want those puppies squished to the point of absolute immobility. Another bit of advice, when the cute, 20-something, A-cup tells you that inside your sports bra is a great place to store you GUs on a 20 miler? Do not listen. And finally, no matter how much support your favorite underwire gives the puppies, do not run in one. Anybody remember the horror story from training for my first marathon, the one that involved a broken underwire?

On the homefront, Victoria's Secret bras used to be my favorite but now they are just pretty to look at with no practical value. I'm looking for a good place to buy a bra. I'm an odd size, truthfully I'm a 35, 34s are just a bit too small and 36s are too big. When I wear see through shirts, I usually put a lacy camisole over the unmentionables. Would that get me a drink, do you think?
I think that would have the gentlemen here (term applied very loosely) lining up at the bar for you. :ymblushing:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.