Post 1000: Therapy

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: Post 1000: Therapy

Post by Miles » October 1st, 2009, 9:00 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Miles, your reply to Cathy tells me that you've got the right attitude. In some ways I've learned more from lousy bosses than good ones. Trite though it sounds, it seems as though I've come out on the other side of lousy life experiences as a far better person. Leading by example works quite well in that respect: treat others like crap, and they'll learn how not to treat others. Working your way through this situation is not fun, but you can recall this experience in the future and use what you learned. As an added bonus, you might be able to help a friend deal with a similar situation. Hope this makes sense. Typing lengthy messages in the iPhone can be a challenge.
Thanks for your post, especially since it was from an iPhone! :(|) :D :-bd
sMiles
Miles

Post by Miles » October 1st, 2009, 9:01 am

wilson wrote:I don't have much to add here...my experience in the real world is shockingly minimal. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: from Atlanta, though.
These kinds of situations make me really glad that, for now, my responsibilities are about as solitary and unfettered by workplace politics as they'll ever be.
Thanks for the vibes wilson, they're greatly appreciated. Enjoy your life out of "the real world" as long as you can. Heck, if I were you I might consider a career in education... that is always obtaining an education. Think of it this way, you can just keep deferring those college loans and pass them onto the next generation. :-bd
sMiles
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 1st, 2009, 9:06 am

Miles wrote:...if I were you I might consider a career in education... that is always obtaining an education. Think of it this way, you can just keep deferring those college loans...
Well, I've already chosen a career in education, in the sense that I will be a professional educator, and spend my life among other lifelong learners. I believe the campus environment to be among the more special ones out there, and the prospect of making a career there is simply perfect for me.
That said, I do not want to be a student any longer than is absolutely necessary. I will pay off my loans.
Some day.
Miles

Post by Miles » October 1st, 2009, 9:15 am

wilson wrote:
Miles wrote:...if I were you I might consider a career in education... that is always obtaining an education. Think of it this way, you can just keep deferring those college loans...
Well, I've already chosen a career in education, in the sense that I will be a professional educator, and spend my life among other lifelong learners. I believe the campus environment to be among the more special ones out there, and the prospect of making a career there is simply perfect for me.
That said, I do not want to be a student any longer than is absolutely necessary. I will pay off my loans.
Some day.
I couldn't wait to stop being a student either. It took me about three semesters before I gave up on it. I spend a lot of time thinking about how great it would be to be a full-time student again. Something to ponder.

My father dropped out of the professional sector to become a full-time educator. I don't think I've ever seen him happier. I think he's pretty awesome and I'm really happy to hear that you're excited about making a career as an educator. Wish you the best of luck!
sMiles
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 2nd, 2009, 9:49 pm

Miles wrote: Thanks to everyone for reading my post, and offering your thoughts and vibes. I really appreciate it. Big time.

That's what friends are for and everyone here are friends.

I came late to this thread but I'm struck, once again, by the way in which we are all always here for each other regardless of what any one of us might need. Some of us have met in real life, others of us have not but we still manage to care for and support one another at all times. One of the special things about this place is the fact that each and every one of us knows that we can come here and discuss life's trials and tribulations in a supportive atmosphere. Some times there will be concrete advice and others there will simply be support. Either way it helps and I'm glad we are able to be here to help you through this.
Last edited by colchar on October 2nd, 2009, 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 2nd, 2009, 9:51 pm

wilson wrote:
Some day.

Just remember that the politics in academia can be ridiculous.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 2nd, 2009, 11:03 pm

colchar wrote:
Miles wrote: Thanks to everyone for reading my post, and offering your thoughts and vibes. I really appreciate it. Big time.

I came late to this thread but I'm struck, once again, by the way in which we are all always here for each other regardless of what any one of us might need. Some of us have met in real life, others of us have not but we still manage to care for and support one another at all times. One of the special things about this place is the fact that each and every one of us knows that we can come here and discuss life's trials and tribulations in a supportive atmosphere. Some times there will be concrete advice and others there will simply be support. Either way it helps and I'm glad we are able to be here to help you through this.
Good stuff. Well stated.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 2nd, 2009, 11:37 pm

devildeac wrote:
colchar wrote:

Good stuff. Well stated.
QFE (jeez, did I just say that out loud? 8-| ).
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » October 3rd, 2009, 11:26 pm

wilson wrote:QFE (jeez, did I just say that out loud? 8-| ).
I hope you didn't actually say it "out loud". You can get banned for using acronyms like that.
LOL! =))
Class of 2014