Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: Harley needs your vibes!

Post by ArkieDukie » June 20th, 2012, 9:27 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Ever since Lucky's bout with Lyme's he has always tired more easily. The same may be true for Harley after this. Hot weather really does a number on him. Here's hoping for more steady improvement for Harley soon.
Love, Ima
That's interesting. Have you noticed any other side effects from Lyme's?
Not really. He's been through so many things that it's hard to tell where one leaves off and another begins.

But, just today I heard of ANOTHER lab miracle! I have a dear friend who was devastated last week to discover her Mollie had suddenly gone completely blind. Her vet told her there was nothing that could be done. It was the saddest thing to watch her try and get around. She even fell down a whole flight of stairs. Then a couple of days ago the vet called back to say he'd been thinking about it and had an idea he'd been reading up on. He said it was a long shot, but that he had heard of a tick born disease that inflamed the area surrounding the optic nerve to the point of blindness and that he thought it was worth a shot to treat it. 14 doses of steroids and antibiotics a day for the last three days has resulted in Mollie jumping for a treat today and catching it! I'm now convinced of something I've suspected for years ---- that our animals frequently have more caring and conscientious physicians than some humans. And one more thing -- that these ticks are serious business.

Love, Ima
That's a great story, Ima! Kudos to the vet for thinking of the cure for Mollie. And, just because I can, another round of vibes for Harley! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 20th, 2012, 9:38 pm

That's interesting. Have you noticed any other side effects from Lyme's?[/quote]
Not really. He's been through so many things that it's hard to tell where one leaves off and another begins.

But, just today I heard of ANOTHER lab miracle! I have a dear friend who was devastated last week to discover her Mollie had suddenly gone completely blind. Her vet told her there was nothing that could be done. It was the saddest thing to watch her try and get around. She even fell down a whole flight of stairs. Then a couple of days ago the vet called back to say he'd been thinking about it and had an idea he'd been reading up on. He said it was a long shot, but that he had heard of a tick born disease that inflamed the area surrounding the optic nerve to the point of blindness and that he thought it was worth a shot to treat it. 14 doses of steroids and antibiotics a day for the last three days has resulted in Mollie jumping for a treat today and catching it! I'm now convinced of something I've suspected for years ---- that our animals frequently have more caring and conscientious physicians than some humans. And one more thing -- that these ticks are serious business.

Love, Ima[/quote]

Amazing story. Thank goodness the vet was on top of it. WOW! Thanks for sharing. :ymhug:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 20th, 2012, 10:23 pm

Wonderful news!

I love my vet. He came back from a radiation treatment to take care of Sasha.

Continued vibes for Harley! :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 21st, 2012, 10:31 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Wonderful news!

I love my vet. He came back from a radiation treatment to take care of Sasha.

Continued vibes for Harley! :wizard: :wizard:
Wow, that's so cool. :happy-bouncyblue: