NASCAR 2009

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: NASCAR 2009

Post by cl15876 » April 26th, 2009, 9:09 pm

I'm curious, is it too late to play? If not, how does one participate?
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 27th, 2009, 9:01 am

It's possible to join at any point in the season. Last year, Ymo started up on his own, and then a number of joined midseason. The only problem was that it was hard to deal with the percentile figures for the overall comparison with every other yahoo fantasy leaguer. Another problem is that we are limited as to the number of times we may go with a driver in the season (to prevent someone from going with JJ every race). I can go with Tony Stewart only 5 more times in the remaining races. You'll have the full allotment.

I find the fantasy league to be a real enhancement, and makes me much more interested in NASCAR. I strongly suggest doing it.

Ymo?
Cheers,
Lavabe
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 27th, 2009, 9:16 am

Congratulations to Lavabe for winning Talledega! And Brad Keselowski too. Who would have thought he'd win, Keseslowski, not Lavabe?
I worship the Blue Devil!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » April 27th, 2009, 10:45 am

TillyGalore wrote:Congratulations to Lavabe for winning Talledega! And Brad Keselowski too. Who would have thought he'd win, Keseslowski, not Lavabe?
Who'd have thought that Carl would jog across the finish line, a la Ricky Bobby? :))

So that I will not run into major problems while in remote locations this summer, I have made my initial choices through mid-August. And yes, I have indeed selected Boris Said at least once. :mrgreen:

Whew!! I was traveling yesterday, ATL to Lexington. Thankfully, I had the race on radio the whole way. :D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 1st, 2009, 11:18 am

Looking forward to the next race - especially after last week's debacle that caused me to plummet from first to third.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » May 1st, 2009, 2:02 pm

colchar wrote:Looking forward to the next race - especially after last week's debacle that caused me to plummet from first to third.
Oh, I'm definitely plummeting this week.

Word of warning... the weather really stinks this weekend.
Cheers,
Lavabe
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 1st, 2009, 7:02 pm

Last week wasn't so bad...
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 1st, 2009, 7:03 pm

cl15876 wrote:I'm curious, is it too late to play? If not, how does one participate?

PM me with an e-mail address and I will send you an invite!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » May 2nd, 2009, 7:19 am

colchar wrote:Looking forward to the next race - especially after last week's debacle that caused me to plummet from first to third.
Have you noticed that the A-list recommendations every week seem to be JJ and Jeff Gordon? i-) 8-}

Getting mighty boring if that's all the experts can come up with.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 2nd, 2009, 1:07 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Have you noticed that the A-list recommendations every week seem to be JJ and Jeff Gordon? i-) 8-}

I hadn't noticed that.

This week I had a hell of a time deciding between JJ and Gordon. I went with JJ on a hunch but fear that decision might come back to bite me in the arse as Gordon qualified better than JJ did. I will not, however, change my picks like I did last week (if I hadn't changed last week I would've been fine despite the big crash).

Boogity, boogity, boogity...
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 2nd, 2009, 9:31 pm

Is it too late to go back on what I said in my previous post and switch for Gordon?
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » May 3rd, 2009, 7:19 am

colchar wrote:Is it too late to go back on what I said in my previous post and switch for Gordon?
Apparently it was too late.

I managed to pick up 6 points on Tilly. Although her selection of Gordon was better than mine of Bowyer, my Hamlin & Truex selections seemed to beat her B-=list selections of KurtBusch and Reutimann.

Meanwhile, Miles won ... but apparently at a cost. :-? He has now used up his allotment of Tony Stewart picks, and has used 7 of his 9 picks of Jeff Gordon, KurtBusch, and 'dinger. [-x

Next week: Darlington!
:D Cheers,
Lavabe
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 3rd, 2009, 11:39 am

Lavabe wrote:
colchar wrote:Is it too late to go back on what I said in my previous post and switch for Gordon?
Apparently it was too late.

I managed to pick up 6 points on Tilly. Although her selection of Gordon was better than mine of Bowyer, my Hamlin & Truex selections seemed to beat her B-=list selections of KurtBusch and Reutimann.

Meanwhile, Miles won ... but apparently at a cost. :-? He has now used up his allotment of Tony Stewart picks, and has used 7 of his 9 picks of Jeff Gordon, KurtBusch, and 'dinger. [-x

Next week: Darlington!
:D Cheers,
Lavabe

I'm out of Stewart picks. Shitty.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » May 3rd, 2009, 6:46 pm

I'm still in the lead, barely.

A quick check reveals that I have slipped down to the 97th percentile in the overall yahoo league. DEFINITELY want to pick a winner one of these days. My big problem is that I am using up my Denny Hamlin picks. $-) My Kyle Busch picks are simply hideous. L-)

WHAT on EARTH is going on with Dale Jr. this year? :-q

Glad that Bowyer didn't thoroughly bust me yesterday in the A-list selection. x_x
Cheers,
Lavabe
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 3rd, 2009, 7:14 pm

colchar wrote:I'm out of Stewart picks. Shitty.
YmoBeThere wrote:No worries, there are only 27 more races to go...
Its a long season...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » May 3rd, 2009, 8:23 pm

Well, the good news is that when they race at Watkins Glen, instead of picking Smoke, you can root for Boris Said!! 8-| #-o :-ss
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 3rd, 2009, 8:30 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Well, the good news is that when they race at Watkins Glen, instead of picking Smoke, you can root for Boris Said!! 8-| #-o :-ss
I've been a bit disappointed by the performance of the open wheel guys on the road tracks...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » May 3rd, 2009, 8:40 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
I've been a bit disappointed by the performance of the open wheel guys on the road tracks...
Inspiron and Watkins Glen are fun races. Although Yahoo will probably pick Gordon and Smoke, JPM seems to have a following in these races.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » May 4th, 2009, 1:07 am

Through no stellar I effort I picked up the win, but used my last Tony Stewart pick. Been busy packing and getting ready for Nerds Across America. I missed not watching.
sMiles
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » May 6th, 2009, 6:27 am

Given that Tilly has been in Hawaii this week, I wondered:

ANY chance that the Sprint Cup folks will EVER have race in Hawaii? =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Whoops... never mind! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))