NASCAR 2012

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

colchar
PWing School Professor

Re: NASCAR 2012

Post by colchar » February 20th, 2012, 4:59 pm

I've set up a group for friends on another forum (a guitar forum that I belong to) - how the fuck do they find the group? Is it just part of their registration process or do I need to send them invites? It has been so long since I registered that I cannot remember.

And if anyone here wants to join that group as well let me know and I'll post the info here.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » February 20th, 2012, 5:56 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Ymo has been our founder and our commish over the last few years.
MANY THANKS TO YMO!
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

I hope it's okay, Ymo, but I had time this morning, and have just opened up our group. Here is the needed info:
Group ID#: 10608
Group Name: CTN NASCAR 2012
Group Password: durham

Please go ahead and login.

I wonder if CTN 2012 will be one of the highest scoring leagues.

All are welcome to join!!
If you've not done this before, you must access sports.yahoo.com and register with yahoo there (look at the upper left corner). From the sports.yahoo.com page, click the FANTASY button in the upper right, and look for AUTO RACING. You'll then enter the NASCAR site. At that point, go ahead, create your Team Name (and any other details), then JOIN A GROUP. Give the group # and goup password from above. That should do it. If you have any troubles, let me know.

BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY! LET THE PICKING BEGIN!!
BTTT! :text-bump: :text-bump:
:text-bump:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » February 20th, 2012, 6:02 pm

colchar wrote:I've set up a group for friends on another forum (a guitar forum that I belong to) - how the fuck do they find the group? Is it just part of their registration process or do I need to send them invites? It has been so long since I registered that I cannot remember.

And if anyone here wants to join that group as well let me know and I'll post the info here.

Maybe I don't understand the post, but I'd go ahead and invite them, or post them a message. Either way, tell them the Group ID#, Group Name, and Group Password.
Of course, they need to register with yahoo if they haven't done so already. Once they register, one of the menus allows them to join up with a group. Armed with the group id/name/password, they can register with the group.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » February 20th, 2012, 6:07 pm

Poll position goes to Edwards. Also joining him in the first row is the Biff. I can't recall a time when Ford qualified this well.

Some decent qualifying efforts by Smoke and Bayne. Bayne pulled a really solid effort during a time in which the wind was slowing down times.

Hendrick cars were having all sorts of issues. MANY cars were shedding excess heat near the passenger side windshield. Looks like Bowyer will start back of the field for having his car fail post-qualifying inspection.

Odd news: Reutimann & Cassil are racing for Burger King Racing, which replaces the Red Bull team.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 20th, 2012, 7:22 pm

Lavabe wrote:
colchar wrote:I've set up a group for friends on another forum (a guitar forum that I belong to) - how the fuck do they find the group? Is it just part of their registration process or do I need to send them invites? It has been so long since I registered that I cannot remember.

Maybe I don't understand the post, but I'd go ahead and invite them, or post them a message. Either way, tell them the Group ID#, Group Name, and Group Password.
Of course, they need to register with yahoo if they haven't done so already. Once they register, one of the menus allows them to join up with a group. Armed with the group id/name/password, they can register with the group.

Thanks. That is what I thought too but some of them were having trouble finding it. I ended up registering with a fake profile and going through and finding the spot at which you join a group and I just posted that link for them to follow.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » February 20th, 2012, 8:01 pm

My cousin posted on Facebook about being a fan of Hendrix. My first thought was oh, he likes Rick Hendrix. In fact, he was referring to Jimmie Hendrix.

Guess I'm a true blue Southern Girl after all.
I worship the Blue Devil!
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » February 20th, 2012, 8:02 pm

OK, this is dumbo from Iowa. I picked my 'teams' but what do I have to do for Sunday's race? Anything else?
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 20th, 2012, 8:31 pm

IowaDevil wrote:OK, this is dumbo from Iowa. I picked my 'teams' but what do I have to do for Sunday's race? Anything else?

Each race you check how your drivers qualified and, if you want, you can swap bench drivers in for starters.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » February 20th, 2012, 8:32 pm

IowaDevil wrote:OK, this is dumbo from Iowa. I picked my 'teams' but what do I have to do for Sunday's race? Anything else?
Yo, Iowa. There are several things to do:
1) You have until 1025am PST (PACIFIC TIME) Sunday to set your starting choices.
2) The preview for the Daytona 500 is now up there. Review it.
3) Call yourself something other than RHYMES WITH JUMBO.

Might want to wait to see what happens in practices this week.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 20th, 2012, 8:33 pm

I just realized that I cannot make different picks for each of the groups I belong to. I made my picks for our group and was considering making slightly different ones for the other group but the system was showing the picks I had already made and changes in one group affects my roster in the other. Shitty.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » February 20th, 2012, 8:45 pm

colchar wrote:I just realized that I cannot make different picks for each of the groups I belong to. I made my picks for our group and was considering making slightly different ones for the other group but the system was showing the picks I had already made and changes in one group affects my roster in the other. Shitty.
That doesn't matter early in the season, but later on, it may be really crappy if it's a tight race.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 21st, 2012, 1:17 am

Lavabe wrote:
colchar wrote:I just realized that I cannot make different picks for each of the groups I belong to. I made my picks for our group and was considering making slightly different ones for the other group but the system was showing the picks I had already made and changes in one group affects my roster in the other. Shitty.
That doesn't matter early in the season, but later on, it may be really crappy if it's a tight race.

Yep, not thrilled about it at all. Oh well, just have to live with it I guess.

I don't think anyone in the other pool has any experience with a NASCAR fantasy league so I should be in good shape there if I base my picks on what I think I need in our pool here.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » February 22nd, 2012, 9:14 pm

Who to pick, who to pick?
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 23rd, 2012, 12:02 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Who to pick, who to pick?

I know! But I ain't telling!
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » February 23rd, 2012, 9:49 pm

Smoke and Kenseth win today's races. What does this mean for the starting grid?
1. Edwards
2. Biffle
3. Kenseth
4. Smoke

Ford starts 1-2-3!

BAD wreck in the first race: Danica got tagged by Almirola, and her car hit the infield fence bad.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 24th, 2012, 5:19 pm

— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 26th, 2012, 4:07 am

Boogity, boogity, boogity...let's go racin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » February 26th, 2012, 1:00 pm

Only a little more time left to get picks in!

Soon it will be NASCAR 2012! :happy-bouncyblue:
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » February 26th, 2012, 1:21 pm

Rain delay...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » February 26th, 2012, 1:35 pm

August did NOT get any entries in. What happened? Did you not save your roster?

Lawgrad: Next time, you need to switch picks if one of your choices doesn't qualify (Reutimann).