Today I'm thankful for...

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Re: Today I'm thankful for...

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » December 30th, 2011, 8:39 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:I'm grateful I don't have to go to the hospital tonight to have a baby like I did 49 years ago. But, I'm even MORE grateful for the precious daughter I brought home back then!!!! She in turn gave us Native and his big brother. Happy Birthday tomorrow, Amanda Jane. This family loves you even though you turned into a Tarheel.
Love, Ima
How do you turn into a Tarheel? :-o
There is always hope and prayer. lol

I guess the lil Tarholes get Biscuits after the Elon game last night. I caught the last 3 minutes of the game online.

But your NATIVE is representing Duke so well as a student with all A's and as a Cameron Crazie!!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » December 30th, 2011, 10:36 am

Daughter #1turned into a Tarheel when she went there and married one. They did their best but failed to indoctrinate Native, however. Thank goodness!

DukeRah(daughter #2) has remained TrueBlue, though. And that's a good thing because it's CrazieTalk vibes that have helped pull her through some very rough patches!

Love you guys. Happy New Year!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » December 30th, 2011, 1:21 pm

I am thankful that despite spending Christmas Day at my husbands Ex-Wife's house, there was no drama...no brawling...and no one but the 2 month old grand daughter cried. That, given the circumstances, is about as good as it gets.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 30th, 2011, 3:30 pm

windsor wrote:I am thankful that despite spending Christmas Day at my husbands Ex-Wife's house, there was no drama...no brawling...and no one but the 2 month old grand daughter cried. That, given the circumstances, is about as good as it gets.
I think you need a medal or something for enduring that.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » December 30th, 2011, 3:42 pm

CathyCA wrote:
windsor wrote:I am thankful that despite spending Christmas Day at my husbands Ex-Wife's house, there was no drama...no brawling...and no one but the 2 month old grand daughter cried. That, given the circumstances, is about as good as it gets.
I think you need a medal or something for enduring that.t

Step daughter, son in law and baby are moving to LA next week. Mr Windsor really wanted to be at Lucia's first Christmas ... time would only allow them to be one place so we went to the other coast of FL. Not my first choice. Mr Windsor now owes me big.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 30th, 2011, 5:49 pm

windsor wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

Step daughter, son in law and baby are moving to LA next week. Mr Windsor really wanted to be at Lucia's first Christmas ... time would only allow them to be one place so we went to the other coast of FL. Not my first choice. Mr Windsor now owes me big.
I'm thinking that it should be something shiny or sparkly or bubbly.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » December 30th, 2011, 6:13 pm

windsor wrote: Step daughter, son in law and baby are moving to LA next week.
Izzat Luzyanna...or Lower Alabama? :-?
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » December 30th, 2011, 6:53 pm

captmojo wrote:
windsor wrote: Step daughter, son in law and baby are moving to LA next week.
Izzat Luzyanna...or Lower Alabama? :-?
Lol...the City of Angels
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 30th, 2011, 9:47 pm

CathyCA wrote:

Step daughter, son in law and baby are moving to LA next week. Mr Windsor really wanted to be at Lucia's first Christmas ... time would only allow them to be one place so we went to the other coast of FL. Not my first choice. Mr Windsor now owes me big.[/quote]

I'm thinking that it should be something shiny or sparkly or bubbly.

:9f:[/quote]

Agreeing with Cathy. Shiny, sparkly, bubbly and VERY EXPENSIVE, or involve travel to somewhere exotic.
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » December 31st, 2011, 9:58 am

I will extract my pound of flesh, have no fear. Mr. Windsor and Wife 1.0 have been divorced for nearly 20 years...both remarried (she is involved in divorce number 2 right now). Once their mutual children reached adulthood there was a unilateral disarmament. They actual get along most of the time (as long as alcohol inspired trips down memory lane are avoided). Wife 1.0 genuinely likes me...although that took a while, and actual stems from an incident at my mother in laws funeral - Mr. Windsor's brother was a complete dick with ears and I rose to the defense of my step daughters in a full on Windsor Kicks Ass episode. Being good to someones children is an excellent way to get on their good side. :D
Her sister (who was also at Xmas) presented me with a flask of good scotch elegantly wrapped "just in case you need it". I arrived with bottles of wine and swiss chocolate for Wife 1.0.
It was NOT my first choice of ways to spend Christmas, but not as awful as you might imagine. Besides, they are cajun....and served gumbo for Xmas dinner...and I do love me some gumbo.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 31st, 2011, 11:24 am

windsor wrote:I will extract my pound of flesh, have no fear. Mr. Windsor and Wife 1.0 have been divorced for nearly 20 years...both remarried (she is involved in divorce number 2 right now). Once their mutual children reached adulthood there was a unilateral disarmament. They actual get along most of the time (as long as alcohol inspired trips down memory lane are avoided). Wife 1.0 genuinely likes me...although that took a while, and actual stems from an incident at my mother in laws funeral - Mr. Windsor's brother was a complete dick with ears and I rose to the defense of my step daughters in a full on Windsor Kicks Ass episode. Being good to someones children is an excellent way to get on their good side. :D
Her sister (who was also at Xmas) presented me with a flask of good scotch elegantly wrapped "just in case you need it". I arrived with bottles of wine and swiss chocolate for Wife 1.0.
It was NOT my first choice of ways to spend Christmas, but not as awful as you might imagine. Besides, they are cajun....and served gumbo for Xmas dinner...and I do love me some gumbo.

We want a detailed description of that pound of flesh. Pictures would be nice, too. Shiny, sparkly, bubbly. . .

I'd also love to hear the details of MIL's funeral.

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 31st, 2011, 11:27 am

CathyCA wrote:
windsor wrote:I will extract my pound of flesh, have no fear. Mr. Windsor and Wife 1.0 have been divorced for nearly 20 years...both remarried (she is involved in divorce number 2 right now). Once their mutual children reached adulthood there was a unilateral disarmament. They actual get along most of the time (as long as alcohol inspired trips down memory lane are avoided). Wife 1.0 genuinely likes me...although that took a while, and actual stems from an incident at my mother in laws funeral - Mr. Windsor's brother was a complete dick with ears and I rose to the defense of my step daughters in a full on Windsor Kicks Ass episode. Being good to someones children is an excellent way to get on their good side. :D

We want a detailed description of that pound of flesh. Pictures would be nice, too. Shiny, sparkly, bubbly. . .

I'd also love to hear the details of MIL's funeral.

:text-+1: Me too!
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » December 31st, 2011, 12:05 pm

captmojo wrote: Izzat Luzyanna...or Lower Alabama? :-?
windsor wrote:
Damn! That almost made me seem to appear psychotic, ughhh....psychic. :twitch:

I do have my own set of neuroses. ;)
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » December 31st, 2011, 11:10 pm

I agree with Cathy & LG1 - details are appreciated.

And if it isn't shiny, sparkly, or bubbly - it better be high tech.
Life is good!
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » January 4th, 2012, 1:52 pm

Thankful for heat inside the house and car. It has gotten cold.

And had to break out the ear muffs, scarf, gloves and hat, along with a coat. The 60+ degree weather was great.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 6th, 2012, 9:57 pm

I'm thankful for the wireless Peanuts band. Hallmark did a good job on this one! They make me smile.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 6th, 2012, 10:44 pm

I'm thankful that it's Friday. :D
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 6th, 2012, 10:51 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I'm thankful that it's Friday. :D
Amen, sister! This has been a long and tiring and utterly disgusting week.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 6th, 2012, 11:56 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I'm thankful that it's Friday. :D
Amen, sister! This has been a long and tiring and utterly disgusting week.
Wow; so it wasn't just me.

On the bright side, I think PHB might be starting to figure out that I have more of a brain than he's been giving me credit for. :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 7th, 2012, 9:36 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
On the bright side, I think PHB might be starting to figure out that I have more of a brain than he's been giving me credit for. :ymdevil:
snicker. To quote Emperor Palpetine "Only now, at the end, do you understand"