We're moving

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: We're moving

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 18th, 2011, 4:20 pm

DukePA wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:I'll say it again, this time in writing: We are so happy for you and Stevo!! Now, you can continue pwing. :D
Thank you, Mom, but don't forget who the bigger PW is :D =))
Surely your not implying..... :D
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » November 19th, 2011, 12:26 am

DukePA, it's LOVELY! Congratulations, and how awesome that it's just across the street!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 3rd, 2011, 10:22 am

I was thinking about your impending move this morning and wanted to share a few tips with you.

Check craigslist for free boxes.
Get boxes from liquor stores to use for glasses.
Break down and buy packing paper, I think Uhaul may sell some.
Use bedsheets to transport the clothes in your closet, it'll be so much easier than packing them especially since you're moving across the street.
Even though you're only moving across the street, you will still want to pack your breakables carefully.
If you hire strangers to help you, transport your valuables, i.e. jewelry, yourself.

If I think of anything else I'll post again.

Good luck with packing!!!
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » December 3rd, 2011, 11:31 am

TillyGalore wrote:I was thinking about your impending move this morning and wanted to share a few tips with you.

Use bedsheets to transport the clothes in your closet, it'll be so much easier than packing them especially since you're moving across the street.
Even though you're only moving across the street, you will still want to pack your breakables carefully.
If you hire strangers to help you, transport your valuables, i.e. jewelry, yourself.

Thank you!!! Those are great ideas. We're hiring Adam and one of his friends to do the heavy lifting. We're also going to borrow a truck to shuttle stuff across the street. For now, we're in turbo declutter mode and will start packing after New Years. I still can't believe it's actually happening!!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 3rd, 2011, 12:18 pm

TillyGalore wrote:I was thinking about your impending move this morning and wanted to share a few tips with you.

Excellent tips, Tilly! I may need some of these myself soon. One never knows.

I was able to raid work for boxes, but it's good to know that I can find them for free on craigslist as well. Fortunately I did save a big box of tisssue paper when I moved to my current location.

Best of luck with the move, DPA!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 3rd, 2011, 10:14 pm

Boxes that have reems of printing paper are great. Stevo may be able to get a lot of those from school. They are so sturdy and a nice size. I hate really big boxes because they get so heavy. This move should be a breeze compared to your other moves. :ymhug:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 4th, 2011, 9:36 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:Boxes that have reems of printing paper are great. Stevo may be able to get a lot of those from school. They are so sturdy and a nice size. I hate really big boxes because they get so heavy. This move should be a breeze compared to your other moves. :ymhug:
Hear, hear, VDB. Those are great boxes!!!!
I worship the Blue Devil!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 4th, 2011, 2:10 pm

Give yourselves a lot of time to make that move across the street. You will need it. In my experience, a move in town is more difficult than a move across the country. You get into the new place across town (or in your case, across the street) and you get distracted from the task at hand of emptying out the old place because it's so much fun to be in the new place.

I'm still so excited for you and I can't wait to see the interior of your new home!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith