Vibes for Kelly

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: Vibes for Kelly

Post by Miles » July 30th, 2011, 6:03 pm

We are home! Actually released yesterday after Kelly's transfusion, but we just didn't have the energy to send out message en masse. More updates to come soon. Just happy to be home. Thanks for all the vibes.
sMiles
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 30th, 2011, 7:09 pm

Miles wrote:We are home! Actually released yesterday after Kelly's transfusion, but we just didn't have the energy to send out message en masse. More updates to come soon. Just happy to be home. Thanks for all the vibes.
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 30th, 2011, 7:32 pm

Miles wrote:We are home! Actually released yesterday after Kelly's transfusion, but we just didn't have the energy to send out message en masse. More updates to come soon. Just happy to be home. Thanks for all the vibes.
Great news, Miles! Continuing to send vibes. :happy-bouncyblue: :ymhug: :wizard: :pray:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 30th, 2011, 7:38 pm

Glad to hear the great news! Hope the healing continues smoothly and without discomfort! }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}]
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » July 30th, 2011, 7:50 pm

:happy-bouncyblue: :D :happy-bouncyblue: :D
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 30th, 2011, 8:22 pm

Very good news! YAY

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 30th, 2011, 11:55 pm

Yippee! Wonderful news! Continued vibes for improvement and healing! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 31st, 2011, 1:49 am

YEAH that she is home. Now that she can truly rest, I know she will heal more quickly. Prayers continue.
Life is good!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » July 31st, 2011, 8:55 am

Great news!! Hope she continues to heal and rest. :-BD

If she has ANY trouble sleeping Sunday, they ARE racing the Brickyard 400. The first 100 laps or so should be hypnotic. :D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Miles

Post by Miles » August 1st, 2011, 10:14 am

The vibes are working folks, keep em coming!

Kelly is doing really well. She's still in a lot of pain, but she's managing it very well and has a great attitude. I think being at home has made the biggest difference. She's had three nights in her own bed, without nurses and lab techs poking and prodding her every hour. In addition all of the animals are happy to see her and she's happy to see wagging tails and hear cats purring. So we don't just have CTN Vibes, we've got pet vibes coming too!

Her mom is coming by today and taking her to a doctor's appointment for some blood work. We've also got visits scheduled from home health care. That makes me feel better because they'll help take a look at everything and make sure she's healing well. I feel pretty confident in my abilities to change bandages and check for signs of infection, but it's nice to have that reassurance from a pro. On top of that, folks from her family's church are preparing meals for us every night this week. How awesome is that? It means I can relax after work and enjoy Kelly's company.

I cannot thank you all enough for your personal notes, words of encouragement and infamous CTN Vibes. Kelly and I could do this on our own, but we're glad we don't have to.

Love and sMiles to you all.
sMiles
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 1st, 2011, 10:25 am

Gently hugs :ymhug: to Kelly and you. Thanks for the good news. :happy-bouncyblue: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 1st, 2011, 10:52 am

Continued :wizard: :wizard: and :pray: :pray: for Kelly's healing!

It's great to hear that y'all have support from a lot of places, Miles.
Iron Duke #1471997.
bluebutton
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by bluebutton » August 1st, 2011, 2:33 pm

Fantastic news!! Continued prayers and vibes for quick healing and rest for both of you.

:YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 2nd, 2011, 5:36 pm

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Sending 'steady improvement vibes'...and ready with shin kicks if an infection even thinks about looking her way!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
gadzooks

Post by gadzooks » August 5th, 2011, 12:15 pm

I'm glad she's feeling better--the hospital can be a really terrible place to be sick, since there are those constant interruptions (I remember after my c-section, being woken at 5 AM to have blood drawn...REALLY? :Boo: ). Continued healing vibes! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » August 5th, 2011, 1:19 pm

Looks like I missed out on all the excitement. Glad to hear Kelly is improving. Continued get well soon vibes coming from Boston.

And to everybody else - why not go donate blood? According to some friends in the know here at BWH donations are way down this summer such that a blood shortage is feared. They got me with the plea that they really need O-neg for the NICU. You know I can't turn down the babies!
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 6th, 2011, 7:39 am

I'm late to this news. I've been too damn busy lately. But, I'm not so busy now, that I can't take time to hold up a buzz from this end for you. Many vibes and prayers for continued recovery. Also, I hope you weren't harmed by the flooding that has gone on down there.
Get well! :wizard:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Miles

Post by Miles » November 20th, 2011, 9:39 pm

Time to get bouncing :happy-bouncyblue: and send some more vibes to Charlotte. Tomorrow at 7:45 AM Kelly will be having surgery to complete her recovery from the accident in July. We won't know how long she'll be in the hospital until after the surgery, but the odds are that we'll be spending Thanksgiving in the hosptial. Not the way we planned our first Thanksgiving in our new house, but we're happy to put this behind and us and get her healed. Plus, we had a fantastic Thanksigiving/Birthday Celebration with her family last night. Kelly will be out of work for the rest of the year

Thanks again for all of your support and vibes. I look forward to posting updates as soon as they're available.

:ymhug:
sMiles
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » November 20th, 2011, 9:41 pm

The vibes are a-flowing!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 20th, 2011, 9:50 pm

Vibes for a successful surgery and rapid healing! }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com