Pens / Red Wings- Game 7

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

colchar
PWing School Professor

Re: Pens / Red Wings- Game 7

Post by colchar » June 13th, 2009, 2:21 pm

Sue71 wrote:Stay classy, Detroit. Fans booing during the Conn Smythe (sp?) and Cup ceremonies.

They weren't booing the ceremonies, they were booing Bettman - with good reason as the guy is a piece of shit. Keep in mind, also, that Detroit has a lot, and I do mean a lot, of fans from Windsor Ontario and we Canadians hate Bettman with the heat of a thousand suns - again, with good reason.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » June 13th, 2009, 2:23 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:I don't really care who wins. I'd rather the Red Wings get another goal to send it into OT - there's NOTHING BETTER IN THE SPORTING WORLD* than a game-7-winning OT hockey goal.

Game 7s are rare in the finals and overtime in game 7s (in the finals) even more so.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » June 13th, 2009, 2:27 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:The Stanley Cup - best championship trophy?

Yes, without question, the Stanley Cup (otherwise known as the Holy Grail) is the best looking championship trophy in professional sports. I would argue that it is also the hardest to win. The Memorial Cup is the hardest trophy to win overall but the Stanley Cup is the hardest professional trophy to win.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » June 13th, 2009, 2:27 pm

colchar wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:The Stanley Cup - best championship trophy?

Yes, without question, the Stanley Cup (otherwise known as the Holy Grail) is the best looking championship trophy in professional sports. Heck, in sports period. I would argue that it is also the hardest to win. The Memorial Cup is the hardest trophy to win overall but the Stanley Cup is the hardest professional trophy to win.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------