March Madness Basketball Pool

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: March Madness Basketball Pool

Post by CathyCA » March 19th, 2011, 10:23 am

wilson wrote:
EarlJam wrote:Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jacks (and beer)! I don't care if I ever get back! Cause it's root, root ROOT for the Braves team; if they don't win it's a shame! For it's ONE, TWO, THREE strikes you're out (and likely drunk) at the ollllld ballllllllllll Gammmmmmmmmme!!!!

-Earl "may Wayne Gretzky take a line drive to the face" Jam
I've said a number of times in recent years that I want 'Take Me Out to the Ballgame' played at my funeral, and I want my ashes spread at Turner Field.
I'm not even kind of joking.
Braves home opener + Duke title on April 5, 2010 was one of the two or three best days of my life. I'm getting chills just typing this.
I attended the funeral for a lady who had housed the San Jose Giants players in her home for years. The postlude was "Take Me Out To The Ballgame."

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: March Madness Basketball Pool

Post by wilson » March 19th, 2011, 10:33 am

CathyCA wrote:I attended the funeral for a lady who had housed the San Jose Giants players in her home for years. The postlude was "Take Me Out To The Ballgame."

:9f:
I love this. I seriously do want it played at my funeral too, although I want everyone to sing it. I think it will sound great played on the big organ in the sanctuary.