Plate name for the OP

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: Plate name for the OP

Post by Miles » January 26th, 2011, 11:06 pm

It is utterly ridiculous, entirely pathetic, and quite an alarm for the fate of humanity that our governments are so fucking anal retentive that you cannot put abbreviations like WTF and CYA on your license plate.

And to that, I say WTF and CYA DMV!
sMiles
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » January 27th, 2011, 4:18 am

I have a '97 green BMW Z3 in-line 6 that I bought new right after I graduated Duke. I wanted to get a practical SUV, but my mom argued vehemently that this might be my own chance to "get something fun". So, here we are. I still love that car. I got the Virginia Duke plate with "NGNR 97" on it.

They didn't have a Duke blue back then, only the lighter blue from the Bond movie that was a little too close to you-know-what-blue and a purple blue that looks NOTHING like Duke blue, and I always thought British race green w/ tan interior and top was THE color for a roadster, so that's what I went with.

In fact, I brought it with me when I went down to SC, so a few of you have seen it. I KNOW DD and Mrs. DD and Ozzie did. B-)

What did the professor get, a Z4?

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 27th, 2011, 8:27 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Actually, NC gave out "WTF" as the letter component of license plates for a while, until someone called them out on it. Now they can be replaced, I believe free of charge. Every once in a while I'll see a "WTF" plate in my travels to and from the varnish zone.

The Wisconsin Tourism Federation also had to change its name, for the same reason.
I heard about the Wisconsin story on NPR (Wait, Wait).
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 27th, 2011, 8:29 am

Miles wrote:It is utterly ridiculous, entirely pathetic, and quite an alarm for the fate of humanity that our governments are so fucking anal retentive that you cannot put abbreviations like WTF and CYA on your license plate.

I wonder if FUBAR is okay to use. :D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 27th, 2011, 8:42 am

Lavabe wrote:
Miles wrote:It is utterly ridiculous, entirely pathetic, and quite an alarm for the fate of humanity that our governments are so fucking anal retentive that you cannot put abbreviations like WTF and CYA on your license plate.

Hey, Lavabe, instead of 103-102, ya oughtta get: L8NRRULZ

:ymdevil: :duke:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 27th, 2011, 8:47 am

devildeac wrote:
Lavabe wrote:

Hey, Lavabe, instead of 103-102, ya oughtta get: L8NRRULZ

:ymdevil: :duke:
Just L8NR would have the same effect. :D