Crazies' Consumer Endorsements

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Crazies' Consumer Endorsements

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 6th, 2011, 3:52 pm

Small deal of the summer! Kangaroo convenience stores is selling a refillable 20 oz. double walled plastic drink cup for $6.99 and you can refill it as often as you want in ANY Kangaroo convenience store across the country (there are 2900 of them) with the soft drink of your choice through Sept. 5th. You can do it as often as you like every day. You might even be able to put coffee in it if you want, I didn't ask and I don't think it will melt. It comes in a shrink-wrapped plastic cover, but I suggest you AT LEAST have them (or you) rinse it out before using it (if you don't take it home first to wash it yourself). I doubt it is dishwasher safe, these type cups usually are not.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » June 8th, 2011, 9:04 am

Kelly and I buy tires from Tirerack. The process is easy, they have a huge selection and great prices along with impeccable customer service. I accidentally ordered snow tires for Kelly's car. We got a phone call from their sales team double-checking the order since we lived in North Carolina. :-BD
sMiles
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 8th, 2011, 11:45 am

Miles wrote:Kelly and I buy tires from Tirerack. The process is easy, they have a huge selection and great prices along with impeccable customer service. I accidentally ordered snow tires for Kelly's car. We got a phone call from their sales team double-checking the order since we lived in North Carolina. :-BD
We bought tires for my Saab from Tirerack, and they are great to work with.
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » July 19th, 2011, 11:46 am

Ortho 'Groundclear' is some pretty effective stuff. It'll kill that unwanted vegetation in about 2 days. It will begin to turn it brown in less than 24 hours. A plus, it smells like crayon wax rather than some heavy duty chemical.

Roundup sucks!
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 19th, 2011, 12:37 pm

captmojo wrote:Ortho 'Groundclear' is some pretty effective stuff. It'll kill that unwanted vegetation in about 2 days. It will begin to turn it brown in less than 24 hours. A plus, it smells like crayon wax rather than some heavy duty chemical.

Roundup sucks!
Does it do anything on Bermuda grass?

We are fighting a losing battle with the stuff. A lawn care pro told Bruce the best way to stop worrying about Bermuda was to move.
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » July 19th, 2011, 5:16 pm

Only if you aren't in Bermuda. :-?
I guess so. It kills all others.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 20th, 2011, 9:04 am

I'll take anything that's green.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 20th, 2011, 9:21 am

I would like to recommend the little Bosch PS31 variable speed cordless drill. I got mySELF one and am hiding it from the OP so I'll know where it is when I want it. It's no bigger than a minute so you can get into places underneath and behind things and it's little rechargeable batteries fire up in no time. Has a little light that comes on to show you the way as you approach your target. It comes in its own little zipper case that holds everything neatly. Every housewife should have her own, but don't get me wrong. It's no powder puff. Has all the power you need.
Love, :tools-hammerdrill: Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 20th, 2011, 10:26 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:I would like to recommend the little Bosch PS31 variable speed cordless drill. I got mySELF one and am hiding it from the OP so I'll know where it is when I want it. It's no bigger than a minute so you can get into places underneath and behind things and it's little rechargeable batteries fire up in no time. Has a little light that comes on to show you the way as you approach your target. It comes in its own little zipper case that holds everything neatly. Every housewife should have her own, but don't get me wrong. It's no powder puff. Has all the power you need.
Love, :tools-hammerdrill: Ima
The perfect smilie! You drill girl! :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » July 20th, 2011, 3:43 pm

Flav O' Ice! Cheap and delicious! Just like Brittany Spears! (Disclaimer: I do NOT find Brittany Spears hot. Ever since I found out her feet stink)

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
Miles

Post by Miles » August 22nd, 2011, 8:20 am

Kelly and I both highly recommend the Philips Wake-up Light. We got the one with the iPod dock, but we rarely use it because the built-in sounds are quite lovely. The one alarm clock is enough to illuminate our entire bedroom in a soft, warm glow. It's such an important appliance, that I took it to the hospital so Kelly could have soothing light instead of nasty, fluorescent lights.

If you hate mornings (like Kelly), and you need every little possible advantage to help your day start off right, this is a must-have. If you're like me, and don't mind the mornings, you'll still appreciate the ambiance created by the alarm clock.
sMiles
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » September 14th, 2011, 6:49 am

LEXUS! I love driving my not new model, but new to me, LEXUS.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » September 27th, 2011, 7:12 pm

I bought a couple of these...
Small critter fun.jpg
at Northern Tool for $5 each, a few weeks ago. They were a great tension reliever. So much so, we had to go to get more rubber band ammo. Marvelous fun for the whole family! :ymdevil:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 27th, 2011, 8:02 pm

captmojo wrote:I bought a couple of these...
Small critter fun.jpg
at Northern Tool for $5 each, a few weeks ago. They were a great tension reliever. So much so, we had to go to get more rubber band ammo. Marvelous fun for the whole family! :ymdevil:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » September 27th, 2011, 8:50 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote: Image
Probably. But, I'll go out in a blaze o'fun! And, I'll probably deserve it. :D :))
captmojo

Post by captmojo » November 15th, 2011, 10:11 pm

This may end up as my demise...
http://talentigelato.com/Products/Tahit ... aBean.aspx

Good Lord!

Stay away from this stuff.
It'll leave more for me!
I think they forgot to put sugar in it. :ymsmug: :D
Miles

Post by Miles » February 3rd, 2012, 8:09 am

USAA, specifically insurance but we love their banking too. We have our home owner's insurance through USAA and had our renter's insurance through them before we bought our home. It turns out that we never cancelled our rental policy so we were paying a premium for insurance we could never use. We got a letter from USAA as a result of one of their audits, and they immediately applied the paid renter's premium to our home owner's policy so we've got about a month and a half of credit.

If you qualify for USAA, I highly recommend you take advantage of it and sign up.
sMiles
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » February 6th, 2012, 12:40 am

Miles wrote:USAA, specifically insurance but we love their banking too. We have our home owner's insurance through USAA and had our renter's insurance through them before we bought our home. It turns out that we never cancelled our rental policy so we were paying a premium for insurance we could never use. We got a letter from USAA as a result of one of their audits, and they immediately applied the paid renter's premium to our home owner's policy so we've got about a month and a half of credit.

If you qualify for USAA, I highly recommend you take advantage of it and sign up.
Love USAA - also have my auto insurance, credit card, IRA, & banking with them. Their online banking site could be a bit more robust, but they do have a Windows Phone app, so I :x them for that too!

NOTE, you do have to have a military tie to get insurance with them, but not for their banking services.
Miles

Post by Miles » February 7th, 2012, 5:27 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
Miles wrote:USAA, specifically insurance but we love their banking too. We have our home owner's insurance through USAA and had our renter's insurance through them before we bought our home. It turns out that we never cancelled our rental policy so we were paying a premium for insurance we could never use. We got a letter from USAA as a result of one of their audits, and they immediately applied the paid renter's premium to our home owner's policy so we've got about a month and a half of credit.

Love USAA - also have my auto insurance, credit card, IRA, & banking with them. Their online banking site could be a bit more robust, but they do have a Windows Phone app, so I :x them for that too!

NOTE, you do have to have a military tie to get insurance with them, but not for their banking services.
Yeah, the banking features have this sad Web 1.0 feel. USAA could really benefit from a more modern interface. The only thing I miss about Bank of America was their online banking. I'll happily miss that "feature" though!
sMiles
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » March 15th, 2012, 9:37 pm

USAA is amazing.

@};- @};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage