Winter - Love It Or hate It?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

How Do You Feel About Winter?

I love it, winter is awesome!
28%
I don't love it but I don't mind it either.
22%
I'm neither here nor there.
No votes
I don't particularly like it but it isn't that big of a deal to me.
11%
Winter sucks, I friggin' hate it with every fiber of my being!
39%

Total votes: 18
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: Winter - Love It Or hate It?

Post by YmoBeThere » December 17th, 2010, 6:17 pm

I still don't like winter...
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » December 17th, 2010, 7:44 pm

devildeac wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:
In spite of all this I still love winter. I just hate all the other idiots out there that make it hard for me to enjoy it.
Heh-heh, other idiots. He called himself an idiot just like LG91 called the capt. an idiot. Oh, my. :)) =))
Of course...I are one. 8-}
Uggh...DD, I apologize. :ymblushing:
That was supposed to be my response. I don't know how it became edited and incorporated to yours.
Honestly.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo

Post by captmojo » December 17th, 2010, 7:51 pm

lawgrad91 wrote: My salary for a day off will be cheaper than my worker's comp bills if I fall in your lot again.

Okay, off soapbox.
Did you fall there today? If so in advance, hope you're okay.
If not... :D
devildeac wrote: Sad, but :)) =))
captmojo

Post by captmojo » December 17th, 2010, 7:52 pm

We guys are suckers for slapstick. ;)
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 17th, 2010, 8:05 pm

captmojo wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote: My salary for a day off will be cheaper than my worker's comp bills if I fall in your lot again.

Okay, off soapbox.
Did you fall there today? If so in advance, hope you're okay.
If not... :D [/quote}

No, not this time, thankfully.
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 17th, 2010, 9:22 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Thank you, NC Division of Highways, for making half of my drive to work possible. Not entirely pleasant, but possible and not terribly bad.

VA Department of Transportation, :obscene-birdiered: :obscene-buttred: Route 220 is a main thoroughfare. If you have signs to tell the population that bridges freeze before roads, would it not make some amount of sense to salt/sand/something the damned bridges?

Henry County, are you :teasing-smokingcrack: ? The courthouse has been here 14 plus years. EVERY WINTER, the parking lot freezes. Scraping is useless, and has been that way for 14 years. Buy some kitty litter, for pete's sake, and make it at least moderately safe for those of us trying to get in the building. Or shut down. Your choice. My salary for a day off will be cheaper than my worker's comp bills if I fall in your lot again.

Okay, off soapbox.
You're a lawyer, why don't you just go ahead and fall (don't get hurt too badly) and then sue their damn asses! Or hire James Scott Farrin to represent you - Jim is a friend of mine and fellow Duke season ticket holder. His offices now overlook the DBAP.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 17th, 2010, 9:25 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Thank you, NC Division of Highways, for making half of my drive to work possible. Not entirely pleasant, but possible and not terribly bad.

VA Department of Transportation, :obscene-birdiered: :obscene-buttred: Route 220 is a main thoroughfare. If you have signs to tell the population that bridges freeze before roads, would it not make some amount of sense to salt/sand/something the damned bridges?

Henry County, are you :teasing-smokingcrack: ? The courthouse has been here 14 plus years. EVERY WINTER, the parking lot freezes. Scraping is useless, and has been that way for 14 years. Buy some kitty litter, for pete's sake, and make it at least moderately safe for those of us trying to get in the building. Or shut down. Your choice. My salary for a day off will be cheaper than my worker's comp bills if I fall in your lot again.

Okay, off soapbox.
You're a lawyer, why don't you just go ahead and fall (don't get hurt too badly) and then sue their damn asses! Or hire James Scott Farrin to represent you - Jim is a friend of mine and fellow Duke season ticket holder. His offices now overlook the DBAP.
One of my best friends from high school (and a former law partner) is a litigator with JSF. He's promised me a tour of their offices during a baseball game this spring!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 17th, 2010, 10:44 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Okay, off soapbox.
The government has sovereign immunity. You can't sue a governmental entity in most circumstances.

I love the DBAP. We have been a couple of times.
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 17th, 2010, 11:01 pm

captmojo wrote:
devildeac wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:
In spite of all this I still love winter. I just hate all the other idiots out there that make it hard for me to enjoy it.
Heh-heh, other idiots. He called himself an idiot just like LG91 called the capt. an idiot. Oh, my. :)) =))
That was supposed to be my response. I don't know how it became edited and incorporated to yours.
Honestly.
Not a problem.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 17th, 2010, 11:06 pm

captmojo wrote:
devildeac wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:
Honestly.
Ya know, capt., I went back and looked at it and I don't know how your response got incorporated into my original post/response. I'll give it one of these :veryconfused: and one of these :-\ and a :-o for good measure.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » December 18th, 2010, 8:16 am

devildeac wrote: Ya know, capt., I went back and looked at it and I don't know how your response got incorporated into my original post/response. I'll give it one of these :veryconfused: and one of these :-\ and a :-o for good measure.
I'll do the same. :veryconfused: :-o

Well...two of 'em. :D
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 18th, 2010, 4:03 pm

It started snowing about 2 hours ago. It's supposed to turn to sleet, at least that was the last I heard.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 18th, 2010, 7:10 pm

I saw the snow falling at RDU this afternoon! It was a magical moment in an otherwise sucky day.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith