What's your dream car?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: What's your dream car?

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 25th, 2009, 7:51 pm

The body style is very similar to my 1972 GTO, but my (open, but non-functioal) GTO scoops were wider and close to the nose of the car. And I didn't have a convertible :evil:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » May 25th, 2009, 8:59 pm

"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » May 25th, 2009, 9:06 pm

Grampa had a badass ride too! Don't try him at the stop light!
Attachments
buick-wildcat-1965a.jpg
buick-wildcat-1965a.jpg (15.23 KiB) Viewed 328 times
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 25th, 2009, 9:39 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
The body style is very similar to my 1972 GTO, but my (open, but non-functioal) GTO scoops were wider and close to the nose of the car. And I didn't have a convertible :evil:
Here's a couple of pictures of a blue 72 GTO, but the blue is "lighter" than Lucerne Blue, and my wheels were different than those on this car.
Attachments
72 GTO angle view.jpg
72 GTO front end.jpg
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » May 25th, 2009, 9:54 pm

Damn, Y'all are killing ME!!!!! These sexy shots of the SS, GTO, Chevelle's and DD's honorable inclusion of Chevette are bringing back memories! My Chev (ette) was decked out with plush RED Carpet and driven by alpine stereo system (240 Watts) and hand made speakers for bass (talk about being good with hands....still have them) and that car could hit 50 in about 10 minutes..... =)) =)) =)) =)) going down hill! BuTT, it is what would work at the time... I saw a 54', 55', 56' corvette that you could eat off of the engine and I have quite the imagination, so....... there you have it.... I lived vicariously through the rich and famous, but supplemented well, for the lack there of!!! ;)
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 25th, 2009, 10:02 pm

I want one of these.
Ever since I was a little kid, I've loved El Caminos. My dad, with whom I shared my car interest (and I guess from whom I got a lot of it), never got it. I mean, come on...they're ridiculous. But I still just love them. And a blue one with white racing stripes would make for one hell of an entrance to Duke tailgates, n'est-ce pas?
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » May 25th, 2009, 10:12 pm

wilson wrote:I want one of these.
Ever since I was a little kid, I've loved El Caminos. My dad, with whom I shared my car interest (and I guess from whom I got a lot of it), never got it. I mean, come on...they're ridiculous. But I still just love them. And a blue one with white racing stripes would make for one hell of an entrance to Duke tailgates, n'est-ce pas?
That is a SEXY car, however, I get turned OFF by this ride because IT DID NOT fair well when a school bus flipped over on IT back in the 70's, so I veered away from it. Sorta of like today's Dodge Rams (sexy but not something NOT to get behind the wheel of because of tranEE issues...........)
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 25th, 2009, 10:16 pm

cl15876 wrote:
That is a SEXY car, however, I get turned OFF by this ride because IT DID NOT fair well when a school bus flipped over on IT back in the 70's, so I veered away from it. Sorta of like today's Dodge Rams (sexy but not something NOT to get behind the wheel of because of tranEE issues...........)
Speaking of school buses, I've always thought it'd be a hoot to get an old one, rip out the seats, and convert it into an RV/party wagon of sorts. I would definitely paint mine all psychedelic-like, too, a la the Electric Mayhem:
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 25th, 2009, 10:20 pm

cl15876 wrote:
But it's not any different than the Chevelle above...same chassis, powertrain, everything except sheet metal. Although I'm confused by your double negative...clarify?
rockymtn devil
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by rockymtn devil » May 25th, 2009, 10:29 pm

A few:

Ferrari 365/GTB/4 (aka Daytona)
1961 Jaguar E-Type--before it was actually called an E-Type
Porsche 356 (aka Speedster)--early '50s model, preferably
Mercedes-Benz 300SL (any year during the 1950s)

And for modern cars, give me a Porsche 911 GT2 (the Turbo sans the AWD)
:ymbilly: vs. :ymhiro: Ken vs. Ryu. Classic.
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » May 25th, 2009, 11:16 pm

wilson wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
Speaking of school buses, I've always thought it'd be a hoot to get an old one, rip out the seats, and convert it into an RV/party wagon of sorts. I would definitely paint mine all psychedelic-like, too, a la the Electric Mayhem:
Are you sure you didn't mean this?
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 25th, 2009, 11:19 pm

Sue71 wrote:
Are you sure you didn't mean this?
Yep, and may Animal eat Shirley Partridge's face.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » May 26th, 2009, 12:00 am

wilson wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
(sexy but not something NOT to get behind the wheel of because of tranEE issues...........)
But it's not any different than the Chevelle above...same chassis, powertrain, everything except sheet metal. Although I'm confused by your double negative...clarify?
Sorry, left too many NOT's in that statement. Guess I AM wrapped tooo tight tonight! ;)
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 26th, 2009, 12:11 am

cl15876 wrote:
Sorry, left too many NOT's in that statement. Guess I AM wrapped tooo tight tonight! ;)
So then my question remains: It's not any different than the Chevelle above...same chassis, powertrain, everything except sheet metal. What's the problem?
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » May 26th, 2009, 12:20 am

wilson wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
So then my question remains: It's not any different than the Chevelle above...same chassis, powertrain, everything except sheet metal. What's the problem?
I didn't like the flat truck style and ADDITIONALLY, two of my friends (identical twins) happened to be lovers of El Camino AND IN IT when the BUS tipped over on IT and THEM, so I have veered away from this one, because it didn't hold up well under the stress! :D
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 26th, 2009, 9:26 am

My neighbor has what I think is an late 60's Bel Air (it's definitely a Bel Air, I'm just not good at telling the years). It has the circular tail lights in the back, three on a side, and it doesn't have fins. He told me he'd sell it to me, but I have too many cars already. If anybody's interested in it, I could ask how much he wants for it, and you could stay with me while you made the purchase. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Johnboy

Post by Johnboy » May 26th, 2009, 1:46 pm

wilson wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
This past weekend I rode in a converted church bus that was converted into a party bus. They even installed a pole for dancing. The thing has a great (and huge) sound system and a 36" flat screen TV. They left the exterior a completely nondescript white, though, so as not to attract attention.
"And Johnboy is right" - lawgrad91
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 26th, 2009, 2:03 pm

A church bus? Really? Isn't that a little sacrilegious? :-o Couldn't they have gotten an old prison bus or something? ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 26th, 2009, 2:07 pm

bjornolf wrote:A church bus? Really? Isn't that a little sacrilegious? :-o Couldn't they have gotten an old prison bus or something? ;)

%%-
I don't really think so. To bring this little sub-thread full circle, I'll point out that when Kermit and Fozzie first encountered the Electric Mayhem (and their bus), they were holding court in an old church.
Dr.Teethbiggrin.gif
Dr.Teethbiggrin.gif (406 Bytes) Viewed 257 times
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 26th, 2009, 2:12 pm

It's one thing for a bunch of muppets to be riding around in a church bus, but a party bus with a stripper pole? :-o I mean, I seriously doubt that Janice was ripping off her clothes and "showing her strings". ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...