Who likes "lemur monkeys"? We ALL do!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Shammrog
Full Time Student at PWing school

Re: Who likes "lemur monkeys"? We ALL do!

Post by Shammrog » May 22nd, 2009, 6:04 am

CathyCA wrote:I recently learned that I am a lemur. I am a fat-tailed dwarf lemur (Cheirogaleus medius).

I store fat in my tail to provide a source of energy during my dormancy. I'm nocturnal--engaging in most of my activity and feeding at night. My fat tail isn't a result of overeating and underexercising. It is because I am a lemur.
And, let me just say that you are one HOT cougar. Er, I mean "lemur." :D
Shammrog

Post by Shammrog » May 22nd, 2009, 6:07 am

wilson wrote:
Lavabe wrote: How much will y'all give me if I sneak a smiley into my dissertation?

Not much, unless it's this one: :ar!

I assume that you've already used "walk the plank" or "Aaaargh!" ;)
Well, somehow I don't think html code will really be available for my dissertation, so the above won't really work.

Side note that you'll all appreciate: unc Press is pretty renowned for its colonial/early American history publications, so I read tons of books from there. I've written "Chapel Hell, NC: University of North Carolina Press" in at least one footnote in every paper I've written since I started graduate school. Only one professor has ever caught it (or at least, he's the only one who ever said anything about it).
I find this very, very funny - I knew there was (yet another!) reason we get along so well!!!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 22nd, 2009, 6:38 am

Dude, Cathy may be a lemur, but I don't think there's a chance in you-know-where that she's old enough to qualify as a cougar yet.

Also, Mr. Pirate, it's too bad you couldn't work one of Coach K's books into all your papers. THAT would be awesome. Maybe you could write a paper comparing his leadership skills to Attila the Hun, or Napoleon. Or comparing his tactical genius to that of Sun Tzu or Robert E. Lee. Just a thought. :ar! ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 22nd, 2009, 9:07 am

bjornolf wrote:Dude, Cathy may be a lemur, but I don't think there's a chance in you-know-where that she's old enough to qualify as a cougar yet.
Uh, Bjronolf, we need to talk.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo old enough to be a cougar. The half your age plus seven rule? I've violated it several times.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 22nd, 2009, 9:13 am

CathyCA wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Dude, Cathy may be a lemur, but I don't think there's a chance in you-know-where that she's old enough to qualify as a cougar yet.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo old enough to be a cougar. The half your age plus seven rule? I've violated it several times.
But was it legal? I'm kidding. ;) ;)
I worship the Blue Devil!
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » May 22nd, 2009, 11:14 am

TillyGalore wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

All I have to say is I <3 my Lemur and am still waiting for you to say it's okay to PET IT! :D
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 22nd, 2009, 12:18 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

When you're as old as I am, it's easy to be legal.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 22nd, 2009, 8:38 pm

CathyCA wrote:

Too bad I don't live in Greenville anymore...
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 22nd, 2009, 8:39 pm

bjornolf wrote: Also, Mr. Pirate, it's too bad you couldn't work one of Coach K's books into all your papers. THAT would be awesome. Maybe you could write a paper comparing his leadership skills to Attila the Hun, or Napoleon. Or comparing his tactical genius to that of Sun Tzu or Robert E. Lee. Just a thought. :ar! ;)

%%-
Haven't yet had that chance, but I did take a military history course for which I wrote a term paper comparing the Battle of Thermopylae and the Battle of Helm's Deep.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 22nd, 2009, 9:12 pm

wilson wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

Too bad I don't live in Greenville anymore...
You'd have to get through bunchofnumbers first! ;)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 22nd, 2009, 9:18 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: You'd have to get through bunchofnumbers first! ;)
But he (no offense, cl) doesn't qualify her as a cougar. And I'd go up against him in a cook-off any day too, not to mention a Scrabble match. ;)
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » May 22nd, 2009, 9:31 pm

wilson wrote:
But he (no offense, cl) doesn't qualify her as a cougar. And I'd go up against him in a cook-off any day too, not to mention a Scrabble match. ;)
Uhhhhh... not if BostonDevil has you handcuffed in the basement. ;) (Pirate toy, remember? :ar! )
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 22nd, 2009, 9:35 pm

Sue71 wrote:
wilson wrote:
Uhhhhh... not if BostonDevil has you handcuffed in the basement. ;) (Pirate toy, remember? :ar! )
Handcuffs, huh? I suppose I can deal with that...are these the furry kind we're talking about?
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 23rd, 2009, 8:12 am

I'd bet she has the official police kind. Those aren't so easy to escape. ;)

Sorry, I'm not up on "cougar rules". What was that rule about half an age plus seven? By that rule, if you're 18 and you date a 16 year old, you're a cougar? I'm confused.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 23rd, 2009, 8:31 am

Okay, the half your age plus seven rule is the general rule that you should only date someone who is half your age plus seven. For the purposes of this example, let's assume that I'm 47. Half my age is 23.5, plus seven is 30.5. By this rule, I should only date guys who are 30.5 or older.

Cougars are generally women in their late 30s and 40s who go for younger men. I think it's generally assumed that cougars go for much younger men, and that it's not so "cougar" if a woman is going for a guy who's just 5 or 10 years younger.

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 23rd, 2009, 8:41 am

CathyCA wrote:Okay, the half your age plus seven rule is the general rule that you should only date someone who is half your age plus seven. For the purposes of this example, let's assume that I'm 47. Half my age is 23.5, plus seven is 30.5. By this rule, I should only date guys who are 30.5 or older.

Cougars are generally women in their late 30s and 40s who go for younger men. I think it's generally assumed that cougars go for much younger men, and that it's not so "cougar" if a woman is going for a guy who's just 5 or 10 years younger.
I see. That's where I got confused about you being a cougar. I didn't think a woman could be included in that group unless she was at least 50. I didn't think there was ANY chance that women under 40 could qualify at all.

Is there a term for guys that do that? Cougar sounds so cool. Skeevy old perv or cradle robber just doesn't sound as good. I was listening to the radio the other day, and they were talking about how women can get away with so many things men can't. Like, while it's illegal, most people don't seem to think that female teachers that sleep with their male students are nearly as gross or disturbing as male teachers that sleep with their female students. Similarly, cougars are kind of thought of as cool, whereas middle-aged or older men that date younger women are just thought of as gross old pervs.

Boy has THIS gone off-topic! ;) I guess we're at least still talking about animals (lemurs and cougars, just of a different variety).

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 23rd, 2009, 5:33 pm

bjornolf wrote: Like, while it's illegal, most people don't seem to think that female teachers that sleep with their male students are nearly as gross or disturbing as male teachers that sleep with their female students
Mary Jo Laterno might disagree with you about society thinking it's OK, as she spent how long in jail for sleeping with her "student"? Of course, she's now been married to him for several years and has a couple of kids with him. She was in the news the other day for something, although I have no idea what and don't care to look it up.

Sue71

Post by Sue71 » May 23rd, 2009, 6:15 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
bjornolf wrote: Like, while it's illegal, most people don't seem to think that female teachers that sleep with their male students are nearly as gross or disturbing as male teachers that sleep with their female students
Mary Jo Laterno might disagree with you about society thinking it's OK, as she spent how long in jail for sleeping with her "student"? Of course, she's now been married to him for several years and has a couple of kids with him. She was in the news the other day for something, although I have no idea what and don't care to look it up.
And for inquiring minds, here's what she's up to now.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 23rd, 2009, 7:28 pm

Sue71 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
And for inquiring minds, here's what she's up to now.
At least I was close on her name! Mary Kay Letourneau.

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 24th, 2009, 7:34 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:At least I was close on her name! Mary Kay Letourneau.
At least on this board, you're allowed to be close on a name without fear of flames/insults. ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.