Get Well Soon: CathyCA

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Get Well Soon: CathyCA

Post by CathyCA » September 14th, 2010, 11:26 am

gadzooks wrote:Ugh, that sounds like a whole lot of not-fun. :( Hope you're feeling better quickly. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Thanks, Gadzooks!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 14th, 2010, 11:27 am

DevilAlumna wrote::(( :(( :(( :((

Oww, that sounds worse than you initially described. And it sounded bad to begin with!

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Vibes that you had a pain-free night, and are on the road to recovery tomorrow. Be patient - dental recovery can take longer than most people expect!
Thanks, DA! I'm trying to be patient. . .
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 14th, 2010, 11:28 am

shereec wrote:So sorry I missed getting vibes in yesterday. I'm sending lots of vibes in your direction for today. Keep a good thought, Cathy.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
:ymhug: :ymhug:
Thanks, Sheree!

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 14th, 2010, 11:31 am

Lavabe wrote:What sort of food from Japan should I bring back for your periodontist? Should I search for cold sliced, fluffy intestine? Or should I find him some nanto? ;)
Something that goes down smoothly, but then expands and causes great pain.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 14th, 2010, 11:32 am

TillyGalore wrote:Aww, Cathy (I accidentally typed Ass, hee hee) hope you're feeling better soon. Gentle hugs and ton o' vibes.

:ymhug: :ymhug:

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Thanks for the gentle hugs.

I think it's funny that you can type Ass here and not get wankered.

~ James Naismith
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 14th, 2010, 11:55 am

CathyCA wrote:
Lavabe wrote:What sort of food from Japan should I bring back for your periodontist? Should I search for cold sliced, fluffy intestine? Or should I find him some nanto? ;)
I think the nanto will cause immediate bowel distress, and will do enough gassy damage.

As a side note, I haven't seen this here... yet: ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fugu
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » September 14th, 2010, 1:27 pm

Thinkin' boutcha, CC. Hoping this is over soon. Staying on top of the pain with your meds is important. Don't try to be brave.

Love ya, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 14th, 2010, 1:34 pm

I would think Lavabe's fast food sea cucumber might be an option for the good doc, as well.

Ima is right. Take your meds as prescribed. If you go too long between the pain pills, their effects are limited.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 14th, 2010, 2:12 pm

Lavabe wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
I think the nanto will cause immediate bowel distress, and will do enough gassy damage.

As a side note, I haven't seen this here... yet: ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fugu
Ah, yes! The dreaded pufferfish! Can you bring one of those back for Dr. HammerChisel?

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 14th, 2010, 2:20 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Thinkin' boutcha, CC. Hoping this is over soon. Staying on top of the pain with your meds is important. Don't try to be brave.

Love ya, Ima
I've been feeling goofy and woozy all morning, so I'm ditching the meds for now and using ice packs on my face. My head and tummy are already feeling better.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 14th, 2010, 2:22 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I would think Lavabe's fast food sea cucumber might be an option for the good doc, as well.

Ima is right. Take your meds as prescribed. If you go too long between the pain pills, their effects are limited.
See above. I'm doing so much better with plain old ice.

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 14th, 2010, 2:46 pm

CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:I would think Lavabe's fast food sea cucumber might be an option for the good doc, as well.

I passed out 2 times after the 2nd dose of my narcotic and once more after the 3rd dose, all taken as prescribed, last summer after my surgery. I was quite comfortable also after switching to an ice pack for 10 minutes every hour while I was awake plus 400 mg ibuprofen with each meal for a couple days. So, what you're doing makes perfect sense.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
bluebutton
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by bluebutton » September 14th, 2010, 2:48 pm

Just wanted to say GET WELL SOON!!

Been away from my real 'puter, so here are the smiley-s I've been wanting to send
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 14th, 2010, 3:35 pm

CathyCA wrote:Ah, yes! The dreaded pufferfish! Can you bring one of those back for Dr. HammerChisel?
Maybe I'll get two for you... you never know when you might want to off someone. It's just that little ol' CUSTOMS thing.

And I don't want my luggage smelling like fish. ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 14th, 2010, 4:16 pm

Lavabe wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Ah, yes! The dreaded pufferfish! Can you bring one of those back for Dr. HammerChisel?
Maybe I'll get two for you... you never know when you might want to off someone. It's just that little ol' CUSTOMS thing.

I'm not an expert in Federal law and smuggling regulations, but I expect bringing back two pufferfish would cause no greater liability than bringing back one. ;)
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 14th, 2010, 4:16 pm

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

I passed out 2 times after the 2nd dose of my narcotic and once more after the 3rd dose, all taken as prescribed, last summer after my surgery. I was quite comfortable also after switching to an ice pack for 10 minutes every hour while I was awake plus 400 mg ibuprofen with each meal for a couple days. So, what you're doing makes perfect sense.
Thanks, Doc.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 14th, 2010, 4:17 pm

bluebutton wrote:Just wanted to say GET WELL SOON!!

Been away from my real 'puter, so here are the smiley-s I've been wanting to send
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Thanks, BB!

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 14th, 2010, 4:18 pm

Lavabe wrote:

Actually, the more this queasy feeling goes away, the better I'm feeling about my dentist.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 14th, 2010, 4:19 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
Lavabe wrote:

I'm not an expert in Federal law and smuggling regulations, but I expect bringing back two pufferfish would cause no greater liability than bringing back one. ;)
Yeah, but that third pufferfish might put him into felony territory, so I'm withdrawing my request. Mental pufferfish will do nicely instead.

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 14th, 2010, 4:24 pm

Lavabe wrote:

Can't understand why not. Your trunk smelled like collards for a while, IIRC.

=))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.