Brunchgate 2010 - Elon Game Sept. 4 - Social topics

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Brunchgate 2010 - Elon Game Sept. 4 - Social topics

Post by CathyCA » August 21st, 2010, 9:54 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Also while at said Football Fan Appreciation Day, I spoke with Coach Cut. I told him that we got our drop off passes, thanks in part to his help. He was very glad to hear this! B-) B-) B-)
Thank you for thanking Coach Cut, Ozzie!

:D
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 21st, 2010, 9:56 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Also while at said Football Fan Appreciation Day, I spoke with many of the players. They are so ready to lead Duke to the promised land! B-) And they ALL agreed with me that there will be many many many unhappy fans driving back to Alabama on Sept. 18th!
:happy-bouncyblue: :D :happy-bouncyblue: :D :duke: :duke: :D :happy-bouncyblue: :D :happy-bouncyblue:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 21st, 2010, 9:58 pm

Also while at said Football Fan Appreciation Day, I spoke with Iron Duke director Jack Winters. He told me that the Alabama game is sold out! Well, sort of. Next week the Iron Dukes will be getting an email telling us that they are going to install temporary bleachers in the south end zone, selling tickets for $77 each.

Oh, the Alabama folks bought about 7500 tickets to the game through Alabama. No telling how many people bought season tickets just to go to one game.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 21st, 2010, 9:58 pm

CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Also while at said Football Fan Appreciation Day, I spoke with Coach Cut. I told him that we got our drop off passes, thanks in part to his help. He was very glad to hear this! B-) B-) B-)
Thank you for thanking Coach Cut, Ozzie!

:D
You're welcome!

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 21st, 2010, 10:03 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Also while at said Football Fan Appreciation Day, I spoke with Iron Duke director Jack Winters. He told me that the Alabama game is sold out! Well, sort of. Next week the Iron Dukes will be getting an email telling us that they are going to install temporary bleachers in the south end zone, selling tickets for $77 each.

Oh, the Alabama folks bought about 7500 tickets to the game through Alabama. No telling how many people bought season tickets just to go to one game.
Wow...temp bleachers. How many decades ago were those used?
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 21st, 2010, 10:04 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Also while at said Football Fan Appreciation Day, I spoke with Iron Duke director Jack Winters. He told me that the Alabama game is sold out! Well, sort of. Next week the Iron Dukes will be getting an email telling us that they are going to install temporary bleachers in the south end zone, selling tickets for $77 each.

Thanks for getting tickets for me, Ozzie! You rock!

Sounds like we'll have to be LOUD for the Alabama game. I'm up for the challenge! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 21st, 2010, 10:08 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:

Thanks for getting tickets for me, Ozzie! You rock!

Sounds like we'll have to be LOUD for the Alabama game. I'm up for the challenge! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
You're welcome! Did you mean to say ticket or tickets? I hope you meant ticket! You, DinK and Sue 71 each have one. The 4th ticket is on hold for Fordgrl00, as the original designee is no longer coming.

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 21st, 2010, 10:18 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Thanks for getting tickets for me, Ozzie! You rock!

You're welcome! Did you mean to say ticket or tickets? I hope you meant ticket! You, DinK and Sue 71 each have one. The 4th ticket is on hold for Fordgrl00, as the original designee is no longer coming.
Yes, I did mean ticket. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone in person!

BTW, I also admire the fact that you were able to PW about your experiences at Football Fan Appreciation Day. :duke:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 21st, 2010, 10:20 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Thanks for getting tickets for me, Ozzie! You rock!

Yes, I did mean ticket. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone in person!

BTW, I also admire the fact that you were able to PW about your experiences at Football Fan Appreciation Day. :duke:
Yeah, I'd like to get to 4000 posts and get closer to being endowed... :ymdevil:

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 22nd, 2010, 6:59 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:You're welcome! Did you mean to say ticket or tickets? I hope you meant ticket! You, DinK and Sue 71 each have one. The 4th ticket is on hold for Fordgrl00, as the original designee is no longer coming.

Yeah, I'd like to get to 4000 posts and get closer to being endowed... :ymdevil:
1. You could have listed each player on the roster and said you had a conversation with each of them.
2. If I were you, I'd talk to Mrs. Ozzie about that one.

An impressive run, nonetheless.
:clap:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 22nd, 2010, 11:21 am

Thanks Ozzie for all the news from yesterday.

The Alabama game is going to be something to remember. GO DEVILS! :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Jarhead
I don't know what PWing is.
I don't know what PWing is.

Re: Ymm! Elon Brunchgate menu!

Post by Jarhead » August 22nd, 2010, 11:08 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Val's Brisket. Rye bread. And Bud Light :D
Hey, Oz. Thanks for the comment on that EK board, it's the first comment I know about, and I'm so pumped.
I'm not sure just when I can get up there for the Elon game, but I'm sure I'll be there. I have a parking pass for the B7 lot. Does that lot fill up early?

Just back from a nice trip. We've been to several nice places in the Baltic region, but a couple really stand out. Tallin in Estonia, and Høllen, a nice little town west of Kristiansand, Norway are the highlights.

We also got the see Billy Elliot in London. Mrs. Jarhead really enjoyed it. That boy really has some hops. :happy-bouncyblue:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 22nd, 2010, 11:13 pm

Glad you're back and posting here, Jarhead! :happy-bouncyblue: We look forward to hearing all about your trip at Brunchgate! Get there as early as you can. We're in the Card Gym Lot, just like last year. These two posts really should be in the "social" Brunchgate thread, but we'll let it slide this time!

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 22nd, 2010, 11:24 pm

Jarhead wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Val's Brisket. Rye bread. And Bud Light :D
Hey, Oz. Thanks for the comment on that EK board, it's the first comment I know about, and I'm so pumped.
I'm not sure just when I can get up there for the Elon game, but I'm sure I'll be there. I have a parking pass for the B7 lot. Does that lot fill up early?

Just back from a nice trip. We've been to several nice places in the Baltic region, but a couple really stand out. Tallin in Estonia, and Høllen, a nice little town west of Kristiansand, Norway are the highlights.

We also got the see Billy Elliot in London. Mrs. Jarhead really enjoyed it. That boy really has some hops. :happy-bouncyblue:
If you have a pass then you don't have to worry about it filling up. Looking forward to hearing about your cruise!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 24th, 2010, 11:41 pm

So ....... there's an elephant in the room. The OP and I aren't really discussing the game on September 4. It so happens that it is our Golden Anniversary that day and I think he may have some celebration plans up his sleeve that may not include football that evening. Truth is a fifty year celebration doesn't come along every day, so while I love y'all and am truly true blue, it may be we don't get to a brunchgate 'til the Alabama game.

This is one time I really wish I were two Imas.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 25th, 2010, 12:22 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:So ....... there's an elephant in the room. The OP and I aren't really discussing the game on September 4. It so happens that it is our Golden Anniversary that day and I think he may have some celebration plans up his sleeve that may not include football that evening. Truth is a fifty year celebration doesn't come along every day, so while I love y'all and am truly true blue, it may be we don't get to a brunchgate 'til the Alabama game.

Love, Ima
Congratulations!!! I wish you two a wonderful time. Fifty years is special. :romance-heartstiny:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 25th, 2010, 1:38 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:So ....... there's an elephant in the room. The OP and I aren't really discussing the game on September 4. It so happens that it is our Golden Anniversary that day and I think he may have some celebration plans up his sleeve that may not include football that evening. Truth is a fifty year celebration doesn't come along every day, so while I love y'all and am truly true blue, it may be we don't get to a brunchgate 'til the Alabama game.

Love, Ima
IMA.....And OP....Puhlllllleeeeaaazeeee go celebrate your amazing 50 years...we will celebrate at BG for you as well. Congratulations on a milestone that pales the ones on CTN.
Of course there will be a penalty..but since it is a great occasion we will only require you to bring extra spirit instead of extra cookies for Alabama.
Congrats to you both again. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :x :x :ymparty: :ymparty: :x :x :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 25th, 2010, 6:45 am

Love, Ima
There will be plenty of other football games and Brunchgates. Your 50th is special indeed. Celebrate it together and bask in the glory of everything you and the OP have accomplished.

CONGRATULATIONS!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 25th, 2010, 7:40 am

Love, Ima
Congratulations to both of you, Ima! 50 years is a good starting point! We'll raise a toast or two to you and the OP, but let the OP surprise you with a wonderful celebration on Sept. 4th, and we'll hold down the fort and root for Duke in your place.

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 25th, 2010, 8:17 am

Got this in an email from Ozzie. :happy-bouncyblue: :D :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :D :duke:
CTNBanner.jpg
It's our sign for this year.