Crayon on HDTV...

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Re: Crayon on HDTV...

Post by bjornolf » May 18th, 2009, 10:18 am

I didn't know you were up here. CLbunchofnumbers lives like a mile from me. We could have all had lunch or something. How was Leesburg? Have you been to Potomac Mills yet? They have some cool stores there, too.

Oh, and if I were trying to get that off my leg, I'd probably use some rubbing alcohol or something like that.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 18th, 2009, 6:26 pm

bjornolf wrote:I didn't know you were up here. CLbunchofnumbers lives like a mile from me. We could have all had lunch or something. How was Leesburg? Have you been to Potomac Mills yet? They have some cool stores there, too.

Oh, and if I were trying to get that off my leg, I'd probably use some rubbing alcohol or something like that.

%%-
Oh yes, we've been to Potomac Mills. I love that place.

I'm coming back this weekend. Are you going to be around? Clbunchofnumbers and I will have all of our kids (except for Sam the Californian). Maybe we could meet at a park with the kids or go get an ice cream?

And, uh, maybe I should coordinate this visit with clbunchofnumbers.

I did lots of scrubbing with a washcloth on Saturday night. Took off some skin, too.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 18th, 2009, 6:35 pm

That would be cool. When will you be available? Which park did you want to meet at? I'm not sure how old your kids are. Are they of an age where they'd enjoy a playground, or are they too old for that now?

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 18th, 2009, 10:13 pm

bjornolf wrote:That would be cool. When will you be available? Which park did you want to meet at? I'm not sure how old your kids are. Are they of an age where they'd enjoy a playground, or are they too old for that now?

%%-
Um, I don't know the parks around there, so I'm going to enlist Chris's assistance here. (I've paged him to this post.)

My kid is 11. The Bunchofnumbers kids are 12 and 7. They're not too old for a playground.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 18th, 2009, 10:14 pm

CathyCA wrote:...They're not too old for a playground.
I never knew there was any such thing as "too old for a playground."
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » May 19th, 2009, 5:44 am

CathyCA wrote:
bjornolf wrote:That would be cool. When will you be available? Which park did you want to meet at? I'm not sure how old your kids are. Are they of an age where they'd enjoy a playground, or are they too old for that now?

%%-
Um, I don't know the parks around there, so I'm going to enlist Chris's assistance here. (I've paged him to this post.)

My kid is 11. The Bunchofnumbers kids are 12 and 7. They're not too old for a playground.
Agree - the kids are not definitely not to old for playground! There is locust shade park which has wonderful atmosphere, small playground and swings with a cook out area. There is also a playground here at Brittany when you drive in on the right. Cathy and her son won't be here until early Saturday afternoon and it would be cool to get together. Sunday we are going to Luray Caverns and then a Memorial Day party Sunday night. There is always Jo-Jo's Ice Cream shop right down on Route 1 in Dumfries. I've been meaning to take Cathy by both spots, so maybe Saturday afternoon or evening we can get together. If this weekend doesn't work out, there will be plenty of other opportunities in the near future!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 19th, 2009, 7:29 am

Have you been to the marine corps museum playground? That one is AWESOME, and well maintained cause the marines take care of it. I like it better than Locust Shade Park. Which playground do you attend at Locust Shade? My kids LOVE JoJo's. We should be available on Saturday. Just tell me when and where.

-Joe
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » May 19th, 2009, 9:00 am

bjornolf wrote:Have you been to the marine corps museum playground? That one is AWESOME, and well maintained cause the marines take care of it. I like it better than Locust Shade Park. Which playground do you attend at Locust Shade? My kids LOVE JoJo's. We should be available on Saturday. Just tell me when and where.

-Joe
Haven't been to the museum yet or the playground there, but sounds good! The playground at locust shade is past the pond on your right where the cooking pavilion is. It has swings, climbing thingy with slides and it's shaded so the kids don't get burned too bad. Let me discuss further with Cathy and we'll nail it down with ya! I might check out the museum playground this afternoon because I'm thinking about leaving early today, it is supposed to be beautiful outside and I'm pooped already and it isn't even 9am. :D i-)
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 19th, 2009, 9:25 am

Yeah, I've been to that one. It's not bad. The marine playground has two separate play areas with swings, climbing things, slides, and those cool rubber padded flooring so falling doesn't hurt as much. It's also shaded.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...