Championship Game---Duke Vs. Butler

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Championship Game---Duke Vs. Butler

Post by CathyCA » April 5th, 2010, 7:06 pm

I'm so nervous that I don't think I can even eat dinner. And I need to go over to Mom's for a family dinner, and I'm supposed to be bringing the salad, but I'm typing here. I'm trying to learn everything that I can learn about this game. I'm trying to be as prepared as possible.

I'm so nervous I can hardly breathe.

I know how hard Coach is preparing his team. He's focused. They're focused.

Duke will cut down the nets tonight.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » April 5th, 2010, 11:51 pm

DUKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Class of 2014
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 6th, 2010, 1:24 am

Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 6th, 2010, 1:29 am

I noticed something funny in the pattern of Duke's national championship games under K. We're now 4-4, but it goes:

1986: Loss
1990: Loss
1991: Win
1992: Win
1994: Loss
1999: Loss
2001: Win
2010: Win

Interesting, eh? Hopefully, we'll break that pattern soon to the good side. ;) They also said that Duke, all-time, had the worst winning percentage in national title games for teams with a minimum of 3 appearances. We were 3-6 in total appearances. Of course, we're the only team that had gone to more than three on the list, the others were all 1-2 for 33%. Now that we're 4-6, winning 40%, we're out of that position too! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 6th, 2010, 2:01 am

bjornolf wrote: They also said that Duke, all-time, had the worst winning percentage in national title games for teams with a minimum of 3 appearances.
OK..I'll bite...exactly how long is that list? I'm guessing I can count it on one hand.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.