Sad Anniversary

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Sad Anniversary

Post by devildeac » April 7th, 2010, 4:54 pm

TillyGalore wrote:devil****, I'm sure your dad would be dancing along with the rest of us, though perhaps he is. And, perhaps he was instrumental along with Derek Smith in our victory last night. :D :D
I thought the same thing just seconds after 0:00 appeared on the clocks. I cried even harder thinking/imagining how he would have felt or, if he was still alive, would he have made the trip with us. He was a HUGE Duke fan.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 7th, 2010, 11:16 pm

devildeac wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:devil****, I'm sure your dad would be dancing along with the rest of us, though perhaps he is. And, perhaps he was instrumental along with Derek Smith in our victory last night. :D :D
I thought the same thing just seconds after 0:00 appeared on the clocks. I cried even harder thinking/imagining how he would have felt or, if he was still alive, would he have made the trip with us. He was a HUGE Duke fan.
I believe that he had the best seat in the house!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » April 7th, 2010, 11:19 pm

CathyCA wrote:
devildeac wrote:
:-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: \:d/ \:d/ \:d/ \:d/ ..... :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 7th, 2010, 11:51 pm

CathyCA wrote:
devildeac wrote:
More tears.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » April 8th, 2010, 11:27 am

DevilDeac,

Thanks for posting this. A very touching story. My dad died after a long illness in 1994. I still long to talk to him about all things "growing up," "life" and such. You know you have great parents when you miss them in that way. Prayers and good vibes to you now and every year.

-Earljam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.