Christmas receiving thread

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Re: Christmas receiving thread

Post by bjornolf » December 30th, 2009, 5:14 pm

cl15876 wrote:
That's it! I'll have to check and see where the bottle opener is!!!! Good tip! :-bd
The bottle opener is kind of in the space right behind the clippers. You know, the clippers are offset? You just kinda wedge the bottle in there and pull down.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » December 30th, 2009, 6:34 pm

bjornolf wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
That's it! I'll have to check and see where the bottle opener is!!!! Good tip! :-bd
The bottle opener is kind of in the space right behind the clippers. You know, the clippers are offset? You just kinda wedge the bottle in there and pull down.

%%-
hey now, don't talk to me like that... IT TURNS ME ON!!!! :)) :)) :)) Leave the clippers behind, I take care of myself! =)) =)) =))
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 2nd, 2010, 8:39 pm

The devildeacs gave Georgia the Wonderdog a little chew/play toy version of Mr. Bill. Press his belly, and Mr. Bill says OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Georgia likes biting and flinging Mr. Bill. I think that means she likes it.
Many thanks, devildeacs!!
:Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 2nd, 2010, 8:46 pm

cl15876 wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
cl15876 wrote:

%%-
hey now, don't talk to me like that... IT TURNS ME ON!!!! :)) :)) :)) Leave the clippers behind, I take care of myself! =)) =)) =))
Oh my...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 2nd, 2010, 8:49 pm

Lavabe wrote:The devildeacs gave Georgia the Wonderdog a little chew/play toy version of Mr. Bill. Press his belly, and Mr. Bill says OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Georgia likes biting and flinging Mr. Bill. I think that means she likes it.
Many thanks, devildeacs!!
:Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:
:o3
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 2nd, 2010, 10:06 pm

Lavabe wrote:The devildeacs gave Georgia the Wonderdog a little chew/play toy version of Mr. Bill. Press his belly, and Mr. Bill says OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 2nd, 2010, 10:23 pm

a friend of ours got harley a harley davidson a "bad to the bone" stuffed toy, shaped like a bone. when its gets sqeezed, it makes a sound like a motorclycle. he loves playing with his new toy.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 2nd, 2010, 10:25 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:a friend of ours got harley a harley davidson a "bad to the bone" stuffed toy, shaped like a bone. when its gets sqeezed, it makes a sound like a motorclycle. he loves playing with his new toy.
That's pretty cool. Let us know when Harley eats it. =))
rockymtn devil
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by rockymtn devil » January 2nd, 2010, 11:57 pm

My goal this winter (starting next week) is to get to the mountains every weekend. It won't happen, but if I strive, I'll increase the trips I make. In that vein, I received both a ski pass (unlimited to Keystone, Breckenridge, and Arapahoe Basin) and a new pair of snowshoes. Looking to go snoeshoeing next weekend and snowboarding the week after. And, I already booked a long weekend in Keystone for President's Weekend.
:ymbilly: vs. :ymhiro: Ken vs. Ryu. Classic.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 3rd, 2010, 12:08 am

rockymtn devil wrote:My goal this winter (starting next week) is to get to the mountains every weekend. It won't happen, but if I strive, I'll increase the trips I make. In that vein, I received both a ski pass (unlimited to Keystone, Breckenridge, and Arapahoe Basin) and a new pair of snowshoes. Looking to go snoeshoeing next weekend and snowboarding the week after. And, I already booked a long weekend in Keystone for President's Weekend.
We'll be there at Vail for a meeting from about 3/5 to 3/10 or so. Details to follow. And yes, i do have your 6er ready for trading ;) :D.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 3rd, 2010, 12:11 am

rockymtn devil wrote:My goal this winter (starting next week) is to get to the mountains every weekend. It won't happen, but if I strive, I'll increase the trips I make. In that vein, I received both a ski pass (unlimited to Keystone, Breckenridge, and Arapahoe Basin) and a new pair of snowshoes. Looking to go snoeshoeing next weekend and snowboarding the week after. And, I already booked a long weekend in Keystone for President's Weekend.
I am still contemplating my reviews of Bigfoot 2005 and 2006, Founders Backwoods Bastard and Samichlaus 2004 and 2006. Should happen tomorrow.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 3rd, 2010, 8:34 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:a friend of ours got harley a harley davidson a "bad to the bone" stuffed toy, shaped like a bone. when its gets sqeezed, it makes a sound like a motorclycle. he loves playing with his new toy.
That's pretty cool. Let us know when Harley eats it. =))
:)) :)) =)) =))
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 3rd, 2010, 11:35 am

devildeac wrote: We'll be there at Vail for a meeting from about 3/5 to 3/10 or so. Details to follow. And yes, i do have your 6er ready for trading ;) :D.
Perhaps you'll watch a bball game together on 3/6 at 9 p.m. EST or EDT*. It'll be on ESPN out there.

*That's a Saturday and we'll either have switched back to daylight savings time the end the previous weekend at of February or will that Sunday morning, so don't miss the game. :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 3rd, 2010, 12:35 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
devildeac wrote: We'll be there at Vail for a meeting from about 3/5 to 3/10 or so. Details to follow. And yes, i do have your 6er ready for trading ;) :D.
Perhaps you'll watch a bball game together on 3/6 at 9 p.m. EST or EDT*. It'll be on ESPN out there.

*That's a Saturday and we'll either have switched back to daylight savings time the end the previous weekend at of February or will that Sunday morning, so don't miss the game. :D
:YMPRAY:
:-?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 3rd, 2010, 12:38 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

And since it's at night, you won't miss any ski time. I mean any of your meeting. ;)
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 3rd, 2010, 2:19 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

And since it's at night, you won't miss any ski time. I mean any of your meeting. ;)
The typical schedule for one of those meetings is:

700-730: breakfast
730-930: lectures
930-430: break ( :)) =)) )
430-630: apres ski/lectures (aka as "nap time" for moi)
630-????: on your own (aka "beer tasting and review" and dinner)
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 4th, 2010, 8:37 am

I received both Grammar Girl books, "Quick and Dirty Tips For Better Writing" and "The Grammar Devitional". Have already benefited from using these books. :D :D :D
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 4th, 2010, 3:48 pm

devildeac wrote:
We'll be there at Vail for a meeting from about 3/5 to 3/10 or so. Details to follow. And yes, i do have your 6er ready for trading ;) :D.
If you travel through KC, please let me know. I will find some beer for you to try.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 4th, 2010, 3:50 pm

Regarding gifts, the best gift was having 17 family members in one house for Christmas dinner. This was only part of the family, but what a gift - 2 sisters, 2 brothers-in-law, 9 nieces/nephews, 3 great nieces/nephews.
Life is good!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 4th, 2010, 6:03 pm

We had 20 friends/family over for the traditional brunch at my house...the best gift (besides having everyone together) hasn't shown up yet...Mr. Windsor ordered me the Nook e-reader (we knew when he ordered it that it wouldn't ship until 1/15)....I am beyond excited to get it!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.