What would you have done?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Re: What would you have done?

Post by TillyGalore » November 10th, 2009, 7:45 pm

Lavabe wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:Anyone up for storming the "Bastille" tonight?
I think we can do a major ass storming of the Bastille tonight. :)) =)) :)) =)) =)) :))

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
I worship the Blue Devil!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 10th, 2009, 8:08 pm

Lavabe wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:Anyone up for storming the "Bastille" tonight?
I think we can do a major ass storming of the Bastille tonight. :)) =)) :)) =)) =)) :))
I don't even want to know what ass storming is. =)) =)) =))
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » November 10th, 2009, 8:22 pm

devildeac wrote:"I would have hugged you but I didn't want to get any Duke on me or my nice blue kerlina sweater."
here is my input:
"Yep, God help you if any of my fine Duke class got rubbed off onto your Carolina crass"
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » November 10th, 2009, 8:30 pm

Anyone who has devildeac's number should call him every 5 minutes. Maybe he'll get the message that we are anxiously waiting to read the end of the tale.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » November 10th, 2009, 8:45 pm

I am so not a patient person. Just sent devildeac the following text "Inquiring minds want to know the rest of the story. Tilly"
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 10th, 2009, 8:48 pm

knights68 wrote:
devildeac wrote:"I would have hugged you but I didn't want to get any Duke on me or my nice blue kerlina sweater."
here is my input:
"Yep, God help you if any of my fine Duke class got rubbed off onto your Carolina crass"
=)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 10th, 2009, 9:20 pm

Hi DD. I see your still on the board. :D
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 10th, 2009, 9:21 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
devildeac wrote:After the Duke-unc game, we spent over an hour traveling from the dump to the Nantucket Grill to meet with a group for dinner, arriving about 75 minutes late. (Don't get me started about why we agreed to this. Some things you just agree to do after 31 years of marriage.) Upon our arrival, we went through the usual greetings of the 8 people who we kept waiting, 5 were neutrals and 3 were unc fans who attended the game. One of the folks, who my wife has known for about 40 years or more made the following comment to me: "I would have hugged you but I didn't want to get any Duke on me or my nice blue kerlina sweater."

Your next action/response would have been:
Not to stick up for a tar hole, but if I'd been waiting over an hour for my dinner, even if I were the paragon of manners on an average night (I'm not,) I probably would have been less than gracious in greeting a rival. :-l
1. It wasn't my idea to schedule dinner at 7 or 715 PM after a 330 PM game that did not end until about 645 PM. I suggested 730 or even 8 PM reservations if folks still wished to get together.
2. I did not want to be there in the first place (or second or even third place) after a Duke-unc game.
3. They had at least 3 plates of appetizers before we got there plus an adult beverage or two.
4. It was damn near impossible to get from the dump on the hump to the restaurant in less than an hour with all the :swear: traffic in chappaheeya.
5. Did I make it clear in a somewhat circuitous manner that I thought it was a lousy idea from the beginning?

X(
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » November 10th, 2009, 9:27 pm

devildeac wrote: 5. Did I make it clear in a somewhat circuitous manner that I thought it was a lousy idea from the beginning?

X(
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I got it. Now, how did you respond to the holes comment about hugging you?
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 10th, 2009, 9:30 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:I guess we're just veterans by now, having lived on the dump for over thirty years, but the truth is I would have known what I was setting myself up for by trying to get down 54 to Nantucket after a game in the first place and by joining tarholes for dinner in the second place. Sorry, Deac, but you left yourself wide open for this one.

That having been said, I would have chosen to pause, disengage, ignore the offender elaborately and have a very happy time in her presence. Living well is the best revenge. After all, it's our happy outlook on things that is the burr under their saddles.

Love, Ima
Sorry, Ima, but you don't know the 'hole story. See my response to DA which explains it fairly well. I tried talking my wife out of participating in the dinner for about 2 weeks saying what a lousy plan it was meeting with 'holes after a major sporting event and to try to do it at 7 PM. She even called the restaurant late that afternoon (and one of the other neutral guests) and changed the reservation to 715 PM. My response to that was big :swear: deal (put in southern gentlemanly terms to my wife of 31 years :roll: :D ).
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 10th, 2009, 9:44 pm

I did get a hug from the other ladies who were there and a handshake or hug from the other guys (except her husband and the other 'hole dude who was there, too.)

1. I glared.
2. I said something to the effect of "I can't believe you really said that."
3. I exchanged a few tart words about how I probably would not have said a thing/talked any shit if Duke had won.
4. I turned to Mrs. DD and said, "Can we leave now?" (with a serious face and intent to do so)
5. We stayed and ate dinner.
6. I ignored the offensive party for the remainder of the evening.

I really liked some of the other suggestions/responses. Thanks for participating.

Sorry about the late reply. It was a truly crappy day at work with wireless connection issues, clinic lasting nearly an hour longer than scheduled, and an emergency. I got home at about 630 PM, snarfed a rather tasty pork tenderloin dinner with roasted potatoes and a salad down, went to a dance class and then arrived home to have some meaning marital conversation before sitting down for a bit of PWing :ymblushing: . Thanks for being patient.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » November 10th, 2009, 9:47 pm

devildeac wrote:I did get a hug from the other ladies who were there and a handshake or hug from the other guys (except her husband and the other 'hole dude who was there, too.)

1. I glared.
3. I exchanged a few tart words about how I probably would not have said a thing/talked any shit if Duke had won.
4. I turned to Mrs. DD and said, "Can we leave now?" (with a serious face and intent to do so)

I really liked some of the other suggestions/responses. Thanks for participating.

Sorry about the late reply. It was a truly crappy day at work with wireless connection issues, clinic lasting nearly an hour longer than scheduled, and an emergency. I got home at about 630 PM, snarfed a rather tasty pork tenderloin dinner with roasted potatoes and a salad down, went to a dance class and then arrived home to have some meaning marital conversation before sitting down for a bit of PWing :ymblushing: . Thanks for being patient.
What did Mrs. DD say about your remark?

Sorry about your crappy day at work. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Oh, and sorry for not being patient. Why am I not surprised you texted me back with an emoticon. :) :)

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 10th, 2009, 9:52 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
devildeac wrote:I did get a hug from the other ladies who were there and a handshake or hug from the other guys (except her husband and the other 'hole dude who was there, too.)

1. I glared.

What did Mrs. DD say about your remark?

Sorry about your crappy day at work. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Oh, and sorry for not being patient. Why am I not surprised you texted me back with an emoticon. :) :)

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
She glared back at me.
Thanks.
I have 29 emoticons on my new phone. That pales in comparison the the hundreds (or is it thousands that are available here :D )
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » November 10th, 2009, 9:57 pm

devildeac wrote:I have 29 emoticons on my new phone. That pales in comparison the the hundreds (or is it thousands that are available here :D )
Is there a limit to the number of emoticons you're allowed to use?
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 10th, 2009, 9:57 pm

Devildeac, sorry you had such a lousy day. Seems like there's a lot of that going around. Hope tomorrow is better. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 10th, 2009, 10:02 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
devildeac wrote:I have 29 emoticons on my new phone. That pales in comparison the the hundreds (or is it thousands that are available here :D )
I think it's 3 or 4 due to "character limits." :(

But here, it's limitless. Don't tempt me or I'll put all the emoticons on 1 post again and make Rolvix' eyes bleed. :)) =))
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » November 10th, 2009, 10:03 pm

devildeac wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:

But here, it's limitless. Don't tempt me or I'll put all the emoticons on 1 post again and make Rolvix' eyes bleed. :)) =))
I suppose writing "I dare you" wouldn't be in Rovix's best interest?
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 10th, 2009, 10:06 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
devildeac wrote:
TillyGalore wrote: Is there a limit to the number of emoticons you're allowed to use?

I suppose writing "I dare you" wouldn't be in Rovix's best interest?
Nah, it's gotta be spontaneous but well-timed, too. I can only use that classic trick/post/response/post in select circumstances or it will no longer be a classic (in wilson's eyes/mind :roll: ;) :D ).
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 10th, 2009, 10:10 pm

Sorry you had a bad day. Thats something I don't miss since I retired.

I'm proud of your response and hope it cut right through the baby blue sweater. I have never said anything to a person when we beat their team but had to fend off a lot of remarks when we got beat. I think the Duke work force has many more kryalina fans than Duke fans. GTHC
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 10th, 2009, 10:14 pm

DD, if you have another bad day, you can always come over here and shoot coyotes to relieve your stress. :D :)) :)) :)) :)) :))