Re: LTE 2.0

Post by lawgrad91 » August 4th, 2017, 10:27 am

1995 was the year I moved to Stuart, VA. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 4th, 2017, 10:39 am

Normally, Virginia CLE's don't normally reference cases from outside the Commonwealth, but today they made an exception. Mike Nifong reared his ugly head. X( :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » August 4th, 2017, 2:08 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:I told him it looked too heavy to lift. He replied that he is a weight room guy so he can handle it. He works with the strength and conditioning staff - so I think that is where the weight room comes in. He lifts - just not to bulk up.

You have all probably noticed how proud I am of all my nieces and nephews. I never miss an opportunity to brag.
Congrats to Alex!

And speaking of bragging, now is as good a good time as any for a Swee'Pea update. After taking a gap year working in the bowels of the UPMC medical-industrial complex in Pittsburgh, the kid landed acceptances at Northwestern, Baylor, Temple, and UC San Francisco. After some deliberation, she has decided to "take her talents to the South Bay". She started classes this week, and has some sort of "white coat" ceremony thing this weekend. (This makes me nervous, as I have difficulty separating the good guys in the white coats from the other ones with fake smiles, full syringes, and funny coats with extra long sleeves and straps and buckles who have chased me around every once in a while...)
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 4th, 2017, 3:06 pm

Turk wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:I told him it looked too heavy to lift. He replied that he is a weight room guy so he can handle it. He works with the strength and conditioning staff - so I think that is where the weight room comes in. He lifts - just not to bulk up.

You have all probably noticed how proud I am of all my nieces and nephews. I never miss an opportunity to brag.
Congrats to Alex!

And speaking of bragging, now is as good a good time as any for a Swee'Pea update. After taking a gap year working in the bowels of the UPMC medical-industrial complex in Pittsburgh, the kid landed acceptances at Northwestern, Baylor, Temple, and UC San Francisco. After some deliberation, she has decided to "take her talents to the South Bay". She started classes this week, and has some sort of "white coat" ceremony thing this weekend. (This makes me nervous, as I have difficulty separating the good guys in the white coats from the other ones with fake smiles, full syringes, and funny coats with extra long sleeves and straps and buckles who have chased me around every once in a while...)
Congratulations to Swee'Pea!
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 4th, 2017, 5:51 pm

Turk wrote:

Congrats to Alex!

^:)^ ^:)^
Wow. Congratulations to Swee'Pea!
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 4th, 2017, 7:36 pm

Turk wrote:

Congrats to Alex!

Four years will go by and you'll be prouder than any parent could ever be and just about as poor, too. Trust me on that one. Huge congrats!
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 5th, 2017, 8:37 am

No problem here. I do the same!

My almost 16 yr old niece was just chosen to be on Team USA for the newly inaugurated World Championships in (I think) lyrical and contemporary dance. She's a talented girl and works very hard!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 5th, 2017, 8:39 am

Turk wrote:

Congrats to Alex!

Congrats to Swee'Pea! That is awesome!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 5th, 2017, 10:44 am

ArkieDukie wrote:

My almost 16 yr old niece was just chosen to be on Team USA for the newly inaugurated World Championships in (I think) lyrical and contemporary dance. She's a talented girl and works very hard!
Very cool! Congratulations to her.
Life is good!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 6th, 2017, 10:22 am

With the wedding coming home in October WindsorsDaughter and some of her entourage are doing the Bachelorette thing in Nashville this weekend.
FB_IMG_1501990249141.jpg
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 6th, 2017, 1:12 pm

windsor wrote:With the wedding coming home in October WindsorsDaughter and some of her entourage are doing the Bachelorette thing in Nashville this weekend.
FB_IMG_1501990249141.jpg
Windsor's daughter is still hot! :flame: :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 6th, 2017, 2:07 pm

I went to grad school in Nashville(and lived there for two years prior).
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 7th, 2017, 11:18 am

ArkieDukie wrote:

Cool! ^:)^ :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 8th, 2017, 7:42 am

Here's my latest bit of fun: another case of scientific fraud. This time it's Road Runner. On Friday I stumbled on her newest paper; Natasha is the first author. There's an entire paragraph that is a lie. Basically, she cites a previous paper as providing verification for the data she is presenting. The problem? The data in question isn't presented in the paper she cited. I should know; I was first author on that paper. RR sent me and the other coauthors a draft of another paper, about 2 months ago, that does contain the data in question. If it's been submitted for publication she hasn't told anyone. So, in summary, she published a follow up study that depends on previous data that was never published. It's a craptastic paper that could've been good if she hadn't gone out of her way to blur the truth. Or if she had done the study correctly in the first place.

Now, you might ask, how did she even get this paper published? Easy. Her friend Red Dragon is an associate editor of the journal in question. That will make my task, writing to the editor to report the inconsistencies in the paper, especially fun.

According to the author contributions, Natasha and Road Runner acquired all the data. I'm sure Bar Minion (the person who really acquired the data) would be interested to hear that. As would the collaborators from MDACC whose data she used without making them authors or acknowledging them. If they're like me, they are happy their name isn't associated with the work.
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 8th, 2017, 9:10 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Here's my latest bit of fun: another case of scientific fraud. This time it's Road Runner. On Friday I stumbled on her newest paper; Natasha is the first author. There's an entire paragraph that is a lie. Basically, she cites a previous paper as providing verification for the data she is presenting. The problem? The data in question isn't presented in the paper she cited. I should know; I was first author on that paper. RR sent me and the other coauthors a draft of another paper, about 2 months ago, that does contain the data in question. If it's been submitted for publication she hasn't told anyone. So, in summary, she published a follow up study that depends on previous data that was never published. It's a craptastic paper that could've been good if she hadn't gone out of her way to blur the truth. Or if she had done the study correctly in the first place.

Now, you might ask, how did she even get this paper published? Easy. Her friend Red Dragon is an associate editor of the journal in question. That will make my task, writing to the editor to report the inconsistencies in the paper, especially fun.

According to the author contributions, Natasha and Road Runner acquired all the data. I'm sure Bar Minion (the person who really acquired the data) would be interested to hear that. As would the collaborators from MDACC whose data she used without making them authors or acknowledging them. If they're like me, they are happy their name isn't associated with the work.

The Bunson still burns! Road Runner is the gift that keep on giving...... L-)
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 9th, 2017, 1:05 pm

We need more cowbell.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 9th, 2017, 9:17 pm

I've got a fever...
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 10th, 2017, 6:34 am

I love all of the good news and "brags" about nieces, nephews, children and grand children.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 10th, 2017, 6:38 am

bjornolf wrote:I've got a fever...
Oh no! I hope you feel better soon and don't pass it to the family.