Re: LTE 2.0

Post by YmoBeThere » July 25th, 2017, 9:15 pm

On to 1994.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 26th, 2017, 7:37 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:I hope this is my last "Day from Hell" for a long time. Nothing went like it was supposed too. On top of my awful day, Bud has been working on a plumbing problem most of the day. :(
I hope the plumbing problem gets fixed soon. May tomorrow be a better day.

Thank you. So do I. It's the kit hen sink. We do have water usage everywhere else. It could be worse.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 26th, 2017, 7:38 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:I hope this is my last "Day from Hell" for a long time. Nothing went like it was supposed too. On top of my awful day, Bud has been working on a plumbing problem most of the day. :(
:ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: Hope everything gets better in a hurry for you, VDB!
Thank you.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 26th, 2017, 9:48 am

I saw a miracle yesterday. Jon and I visited a church member who'd had a heart transplant earlier in the morning at Duke Medical Center. That pavilion and heart center at Duke are state of the art. I am in awe. We prayed with our friend, and we also prayed for the donor and the donor's family. :romance-heartbeating:

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 26th, 2017, 12:38 pm

CathyCA wrote:I saw a miracle yesterday. Jon and I visited a church member who'd had a heart transplant earlier in the morning at Duke Medical Center. That pavilion and heart center at Duke are state of the art. I am in awe. We prayed with our friend, and we also prayed for the donor and the donor's family. :romance-heartbeating:

Prayers for all of the people involved. Thankful for the generosity and kindness of the donor and the donor's family.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 26th, 2017, 2:49 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I saw a miracle yesterday. Jon and I visited a church member who'd had a heart transplant earlier in the morning at Duke Medical Center. That pavilion and heart center at Duke are state of the art. I am in awe. We prayed with our friend, and we also prayed for the donor and the donor's family. :romance-heartbeating:

Prayers for all of the people involved. Thankful for the generosity and kindness of the donor and the donor's family.
AMEN!
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 31st, 2017, 8:23 pm

I linked OY to an article in the Virginian Pilot this afternoon. Didn't have time to make comments about it (that little thing about public justice gets in the way of what I really want to do.)

I got a spork from OPK.

I got a flame from -jk. No bald cites, he says. Not sure why this couldn't have been delivered in a private message, like, "hey, from now on can you...." I had 1000 reputation points until his flame, so it's clear I'm not some sort of fly by night.

So I am done with OY. Good-bye, adieu, farewell. -jk can kiss my ass. X( X( X( X( X(
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 31st, 2017, 9:01 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I linked OY to an article in the Virginian Pilot this afternoon. Didn't have time to make comments about it (that little thing about public justice gets in the way of what I really want to do.)

I got a spork from OPK.

I got a flame from -jk. No bald cites, he says. Not sure why this couldn't have been delivered in a private message, like, "hey, from now on can you...." I had 1000 reputation points until his flame, so it's clear I'm not some sort of fly by night.

So I am done with OY. Good-bye, adieu, farewell. -jk can kiss my ass. X( X( X( X( X(
If I could find your post, I would spork you.

But I don't spend much time OY anymore.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 31st, 2017, 10:13 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I linked OY to an article in the Virginian Pilot this afternoon. Didn't have time to make comments about it (that little thing about public justice gets in the way of what I really want to do.)

I got a spork from OPK.

I got the same flame from him last week and sent him a PM of protest because my "bald link" actually had the name of the anti-emetic drug I was referencing for someone's sickness at the sight of a unc shirt that someone else had posted the previous day. I agree it could have been handled better with a PM. I didn't protest too much as he had sent a real lot of sporks my way previously for some (all?) of the nonsense stuff I usually post OY. I'll go back and spork you.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 1st, 2017, 6:38 am

I searched but couldn't find the post to spork...
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 1st, 2017, 9:44 pm

1994, Duke, lead by Grant Hill, lost in the National Championship game to the Arkansas Razorbacks.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 2nd, 2017, 10:20 pm

Nephew Alex received an unexpected surprise this week. He received his Clemson national football championship ring. I'm so excited for him.
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 2nd, 2017, 10:21 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Nephew Alex received an unexpected surprise this week. He received his Clemson national football championship ring. I'm so excited for him.

Sweet! Congrats!
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 3rd, 2017, 6:55 am

Will he wear it everyday? Or is it just a special occasion ring?
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 3rd, 2017, 7:14 am

That's an every day ring for a couple months until you have your first scare and either accidentally bang it on something or think you've lost it, then it instantly becomes a special occasion ring. :D
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 3rd, 2017, 8:11 am

Cool for Alex!!! :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 3rd, 2017, 10:59 am

I told him it looked too heavy to lift. He replied that he is a weight room guy so he can handle it. He works with the strength and conditioning staff - so I think that is where the weight room comes in. He lifts - just not to bulk up.

You have all probably noticed how proud I am of all my nieces and nephews. I never miss an opportunity to brag.
Life is good!
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » August 3rd, 2017, 3:42 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:I told him it looked too heavy to lift. He replied that he is a weight room guy so he can handle it. He works with the strength and conditioning staff - so I think that is where the weight room comes in. He lifts - just not to bulk up.

You have all probably noticed how proud I am of all my nieces and nephews. I never miss an opportunity to brag.
How exciting for Alex! And you brag away every chance you can get! It's part of your job! :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 3rd, 2017, 6:06 pm

IowaDevil wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:I told him it looked too heavy to lift. He replied that he is a weight room guy so he can handle it. He works with the strength and conditioning staff - so I think that is where the weight room comes in. He lifts - just not to bulk up.

How exciting for Alex! And you brag away every chance you can get! It's part of your job! :ymhug:
Yes, definitely brag! That's what relatives are for!
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 4th, 2017, 6:10 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Nephew Alex received an unexpected surprise this week. He received his Clemson national football championship ring. I'm so excited for him.
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: