LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by lawgrad91 » July 19th, 2017, 10:02 pm

I showed up late to the church potluck. Had a piece of pizza and a piece of fried chicken. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » July 20th, 2017, 8:56 am

I had flank steak for dinner last night.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » July 20th, 2017, 8:59 am

Tyler and his BIG brother Jester had ground turkey (with some pumpkin and green beans for the 'big' guy) and chicken thighs for dinner.

(yes you can feed a dog chicken bones, but only if they are RAW and they have been taught to chew - first time I gave Jester the Labrador a chicken neck he flipped it up in the air and swallowed it whole like a damn pelican with a fish. He's gotten better lol)
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 20th, 2017, 9:42 am

Wesley's BarkBox came and he chewed the box open to get to his new toy. He gets the toys and all the dogs split the treats. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 20th, 2017, 3:17 pm

I'm standing at my standup desk. I feel tall. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » July 20th, 2017, 10:25 pm

I'm sleeping on the floor tonight.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 21st, 2017, 3:31 am

YmoBeThere wrote:I'm sleeping on the floor tonight.
Why are you sleeping on the floor?
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 21st, 2017, 7:46 am

I actually do it a couple times a week. My blind cat stays in her own part of the house, so a couple times a week I sleep there to keep her company. Since there isn't a bed or couch in the main room where she resides, the floor it is.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 21st, 2017, 8:26 am

YmoBeThere wrote:I actually do it a couple times a week. My blind cat stays in her own part of the house, so a couple times a week I sleep there to keep her company. Since there isn't a bed or couch in the main room where she resides, the floor it is.
That is very sweet, YMO.

When I had my gall bladder out and my dad wouldn't let my dog sleep with me, I slept on my bedroom floor and held my dog's paw under the door. Only way I could sleep.
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 21st, 2017, 6:26 pm

We were sitting with friends, and they started talking about driving to South Carolina to see the total eclipse of the Sun on August 21. We'll, to get to Clemson (where the center line passes over, or even Greenville, is close to a 4 hour drive. So I asked Siri how total the eclipse would be in Greensboro? The answer is below. We'll stay home and watch it
Here instead!
https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/usa/greensboro :9f:

94% is good enough for me to save 8 hours of driving!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 21st, 2017, 8:16 pm

Bonnie Tyler sang Total Eclipse of the Heart.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 22nd, 2017, 9:34 am

bjornolf wrote:My wife is the queen of Clue!
A couple weeks ago, we were playing Clue at Nags Head for a family game night. We decided to use the beach side of the board since we were... at the beach. We'd never used it before, so we were trying to figure out the extra cards. My wife, my dad, our kids Katie and Michael, and I were playing. So, my wife roles highest and gets to go first. She roles an 11 and goes to the beach location. She says, "Hmmm, I'll go with myself, Miss Scarlet, with the wrench, at the beach." Nobody has it, so she accuses and is correct, thus sending herself away for murder and winning in one turn. HOW INSANE IS THAT?!!!
Has anyone else ever witnessed a one turn game of Clue? Or any board game?

Now when something crazy happens, I just say, "Miss Scarlet, rope, beach" and everyone cracks up.

Anybody know the probability of something like that?
That's pretty impressive!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 22nd, 2017, 9:36 am

windsor wrote:Three years ago today we picked up Tyler - the practically perfect puppy
Happy Tylerversary!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 22nd, 2017, 9:37 am

bjornolf wrote:Where's Ima when you need a heart blessing. :D
Bless your heart! (I'm not Ima, but I'm a southerner.)
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 22nd, 2017, 9:41 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:We were sitting with friends, and they started talking about driving to South Carolina to see the total eclipse of the Sun on August 21. We'll, to get to Clemson (where the center line passes over, or even Greenville, is close to a 4 hour drive. So I asked Siri how total the eclipse would be in Greensboro? The answer is below. We'll stay home and watch it
Here instead!

It's close to 100% over St. Louis, too.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 22nd, 2017, 9:44 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:We were sitting with friends, and they started talking about driving to South Carolina to see the total eclipse of the Sun on August 21. We'll, to get to Clemson (where the center line passes over, or even Greenville, is close to a 4 hour drive. So I asked Siri how total the eclipse would be in Greensboro? The answer is below. We'll stay home and watch it
Here instead!

Here is St. Louis. https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/usa/st-louis
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

As the Bunsen Burns

Post by ArkieDukie » July 22nd, 2017, 10:01 am

I haven't talked about the new place much. So far things are okay. I work with 2 research groups; both PIs are members of the National Academy of Sciences. Funny thing is, the one I get along with best at the moment is the one everyone told me is difficult. I'm still trying to figure out what the nice one thinks of me. One research group (the alleged asshole) has a great group of people. The nice guy's group is very dysfunctional. There's a group of Mean Girls (2 girls, one guy) that talk about everyone behind their backs. They're basically insecure. I figured them out pretty quickly, especially when they were texting back and forth during my presentation at group meeting. The lab manager made a comment at lunch one day that the group would be great if she could just get rid of 3 people. I asked her (whispered) if she meant the mean girls, and her mouth dropped open. She couldn't believe I had figured them out so quickly, and then relayed what I had said to the rest of the table. None of the other folks are members of the group in question. Conversation ensued. They have a reputation in the entire department, and I picked up on it quicker than most. The PI is somewhat oblivious of the situation; he travels a lot. When everyone else left, the lab manager asked for my advice on how to deal with them. My advice was to ignore them and their clique. They basically try to recruit/poison every new person who enters the lab. The nice people need to rise above them and form an alternative group to the mean girls IMO.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 22nd, 2017, 11:25 am

BTW, 1992 is the year Duke Men's basketball won its second National Championship.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: As the Bunsen Burns

Post by DukePA » July 22nd, 2017, 12:21 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I haven't talked about the new place much. So far things are okay. I work with 2 research groups; both PIs are members of the National Academy of Sciences. Funny thing is, the one I get along with best at the moment is the one everyone told me is difficult. I'm still trying to figure out what the nice one thinks of me. One research group (the alleged asshole) has a great group of people. The nice guy's group is very dysfunctional. There's a group of Mean Girls (2 girls, one guy) that talk about everyone behind their backs. They're basically insecure. I figured them out pretty quickly, especially when they were texting back and forth during my presentation at group meeting. The lab manager made a comment at lunch one day that the group would be great if she could just get rid of 3 people. I asked her (whispered) if she meant the mean girls, and her mouth dropped open. She couldn't believe I had figured them out so quickly, and then relayed what I had said to the rest of the table. None of the other folks are members of the group in question. Conversation ensued. They have a reputation in the entire department, and I picked up on it quicker than most. The PI is somewhat oblivious of the situation; he travels a lot. When everyone else left, the lab manager asked for my advice on how to deal with them. My advice was to ignore them and their clique. They basically try to recruit/poison every new person who enters the lab. The nice people need to rise above them and form an alternative group to the mean girls IMO.
Does the lab manager realize you are the Zen Master when it comes to dealing with lab personnel dysfunction? They are fortunate to have you on the team, AD! :)
DukePA

Post by DukePA » July 22nd, 2017, 12:23 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:I actually do it a couple times a week. My blind cat stays in her own part of the house, so a couple times a week I sleep there to keep her company. Since there isn't a bed or couch in the main room where she resides, the floor it is.
That is very sweet, YMO.

When I had my gall bladder out and my dad wouldn't let my dog sleep with me, I slept on my bedroom floor and held my dog's paw under the door. Only way I could sleep.
Awwww!!! I love how CTN folks make the best parents to our four-paw chilruns :) :x