LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » February 6th, 2017, 4:13 pm

CathyCA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Went shopping today for an interview outfit. I was really wishing I had our own fashion expert, CathyCA, with me.
You should have texted me pics of your outfits. I LOVE to shop!

Yesterday, I took my mom shopping. She had picked out a skirt that she liked and from the dressing room, she asked me to go back out to the rack to pick out a top to go with the skirt she was trying. I found a cardigan that matched it beautifully and I took it back to Mom in the dressing room. She said, "Oh. I already have that sweater at home." So, I went back out and found a shell to go with it. SCORE!

Do you have the Stylebook app on your phone? I love mine! I've taken pictures of most of my wardrobe pieces. I can catalog when and where I've worn a top, a skirt, a pair of paints, a pair of shoes, accessories, etc. The app has a function that will put together outfits for me. Sometimes they're good. Sometimes, not so good. It's like playing paper dolls with my own wardrobe.

Did you decide on anything?

I did! I bought a pair of black slacks and a black jacket. I have a couple of tops I can wear with it; I just need to decide between them. Also bought a new pair of shoes. Needed something comfortable yet nice; I wanted something to cover my feet since it's cold in St. Louis right now.

:9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » February 7th, 2017, 10:46 am

Oh boy do I fit into the jeans/t-shirt (usually a Duke one) category. Shopping is like the plague to me. If I HAVE to get something....online seems to work reallly well! Now i know who to call on....Cathy for fashion! :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 7th, 2017, 11:40 am

I can't understand how gals actually enjoy climbing in and out of an endless pile of things in a dressing room. By the time I find my own old clothes again and haul them back on, my hair is a wreck and I'm worn out, disgusted with my body, and depressed. Then, on to another store to do the same thing over again. My size is RARELY on the racks and if it is, the other piece that goes with whatever it is --- isn't. So I have to start over.

I was a sales girl while the OP was in school and hung things back on racks for a living. I feel compelled as a customer to put things back the way I found them in order on the racks forEVER -- NEVER leaving a pile in the DR for somebody else to re-organize. That makes shopping take even longer.

Give me the online catalogue where the sizes are all in stock. Send it to my door. I can try things on in private without some giddy, overly friendly clerk startling me with "How are WE doing?' The shoes and accessories i need to see the item with are here in my closet. When in doubt I even order both sizes and send back the wrong one. And help is just a chat away -- when I ASK for it.

It's the only way to fly. the only thing good about the mall is that I get in steps for the day.
Love, Ima
PS At the end of the day, nobody even remembers or cares what this old broad wore anyway.
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 7th, 2017, 3:30 pm

IowaDevil wrote:Oh boy do I fit into the jeans/t-shirt (usually a Duke one) category. Shopping is like the plague to me. If I HAVE to get something....online seems to work reallly well! Now i know who to call on....Cathy for fashion! :ymhug:
I am your resident fashionista! Just ask AD. We had a wardrobe consultation session online last night.

I love to shop! I love to put together outfits. I love shopping from my own closet, putting together an outfit I didn't even know that I had from my existing wardrobe.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » February 8th, 2017, 9:38 am

CathyCA wrote:
IowaDevil wrote:Oh boy do I fit into the jeans/t-shirt (usually a Duke one) category. Shopping is like the plague to me. If I HAVE to get something....online seems to work reallly well! Now i know who to call on....Cathy for fashion! :ymhug:
I am your resident fashionista! Just ask AD. We had a wardrobe consultation session online last night.

I love to shop! I love to put together outfits. I love shopping from my own closet, putting together an outfit I didn't even know that I had from my existing wardrobe.

Hoping there is good mojo in the wardrobe choice...and sending big ass INTERVIEW VIBES to Arkie today!!

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 8th, 2017, 9:39 am

windsor wrote:
Hoping there is good mojo in the wardrobe choice...and sending big ass INTERVIEW VIBES to Arkie today!!

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
What my fellow fashion-deprived sister said. :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 8th, 2017, 9:42 am

I mostly shop online as well.

I do like to buy and wear cool socks, and have been known to choose an outfit based on what socks I want to wear. Today's sock selection was pink (for breast cancer research) so the rest of the outfit is a pink blouse, gray pants and a black blazer. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » February 8th, 2017, 9:50 am

Big time vibes for AD today! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Ima you must've been describing me in your post! Could it be cuz we are in a similar age category??? Hmmmm..... ;)
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
DukePA

Post by DukePA » February 8th, 2017, 10:22 am

Go, AD!!! Mega Vibes (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 8th, 2017, 12:17 pm

Go for it, Arkie! :happy-cheerleaderkid: And send us a selfie of you in your lucky outfit!
Love, Ima
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 8th, 2017, 1:33 pm

IMG_3411.PNG
Anyone ever read a book written by Author Name? :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » February 8th, 2017, 2:52 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
IMG_3411.PNG
Anyone ever read a book written by Author Name? :9f:
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » February 8th, 2017, 8:32 pm

I have not...
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 9th, 2017, 6:32 am

Thanks, all! The interview went very well, I think. The main person who was hiring made a comment about my offer including a buyout of my lease, which runs until the end of July. He also asked my current salary and rank. So, I think I'm going to get a really good offer. Even more important, they're doing fantastic, cutting edge science, and they are willing to do whatever it takes to make me feel up to speed on the instrument and the project.

So, stay at current institution, where I'm viewed by my boss as being inferior to WEC, or go someplace where they view me as talented and want to help me develop professionally? And it's far closer to my family? This one is a bit of a no-brainer.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » February 9th, 2017, 7:08 am

Just a heads up, if you enjoy proper grammar and spelling, don't hang out at boards for older American cars.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 9th, 2017, 10:01 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Thanks, all! The interview went very well, I think. The main person who was hiring made a comment about my offer including a buyout of my lease, which runs until the end of July. He also asked my current salary and rank. So, I think I'm going to get a really good offer. Even more important, they're doing fantastic, cutting edge science, and they are willing to do whatever it takes to make me feel up to speed on the instrument and the project.

So, stay at current institution, where I'm viewed by my boss as being inferior to WEC, or go someplace where they view me as talented and want to help me develop professionally? And it's far closer to my family? This one is a bit of a no-brainer.
Woo hoo!!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » February 9th, 2017, 10:22 am

Crossing my fingers and toes, Arkie!

:ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard:
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 9th, 2017, 11:28 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Thanks, all! The interview went very well, I think. The main person who was hiring made a comment about my offer including a buyout of my lease, which runs until the end of July. He also asked my current salary and rank. So, I think I'm going to get a really good offer. Even more important, they're doing fantastic, cutting edge science, and they are willing to do whatever it takes to make me feel up to speed on the instrument and the project.

YAY! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 9th, 2017, 11:49 am

Terrific news, Arkie! Keep us in the loop 'cause we're still all vibrating!
Love, Ima
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 9th, 2017, 10:09 pm

Wonderful, AD. This has got to happen. :happy-bouncyblue: :ymhug: