LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by bjornolf » December 2nd, 2016, 8:15 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:After my eye appointment today, I had a few other stops. I started home at 3:00. Then the traffic almost stopped. It took me 1 1/2 to get home. I was less than 20 miles from home. That did not make me happy.
You should spend a couple weeks in DC. 90 minutes to go 20 miles, that's a GOOD Friday afternoon.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » December 3rd, 2016, 2:43 pm

I'm late everywhere I go lately. Just can't get accustomed to how bad triangle traffic has gotten --- and I don't mean just for the Christmas season either. Can't believe that we only had two-lane 54 between Chapel Hill and the airport all those years. Now it's eight lanes and packed solid. I've lived too long.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 7th, 2016, 5:51 pm

Amazing crowd here tonight:

"In total there are 50 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 49 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 60 on September 27th, 2015, 7:19 pm"

:p
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » December 8th, 2016, 10:12 am

devildeac wrote:Amazing crowd here tonight:

"In total there are 50 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 49 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)

They must come to see you. I don't seem to have the same following.
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 8th, 2016, 1:02 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:

They are all after DD's beer.
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 8th, 2016, 4:07 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:

They are all after DD's beer.
Beer stalking!?!?

:ymblushing:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 11th, 2016, 10:28 pm

OY appears to be out of order...
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 12th, 2016, 9:05 pm

My streaming TV service isn't working. What to do?
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 13th, 2016, 7:10 am

Iron Duke #1471997.
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » December 14th, 2016, 10:05 am

We have two Christmas trees. We do this every year. We have the big one and a little one (the "Kids' Tree"). The tree topper for the Kids' Tree was picked out by all of them several years ago. It's a gaudy mess. I've never liked it but put up with it because the kids liked it. Now, however, none of them care anymore. I'm planning to go buy a new tree topper today.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 15th, 2016, 11:30 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Hello December.

How the #%$^%@ did we get to December already?
On the bright side, that means it's basketball season! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 16th, 2016, 5:30 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Hello December.

How the #%$^%@ did we get to December already?
On the bright side, that means it's basketball season! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
True. Congrats on the new ride! But why the Buick? :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 16th, 2016, 6:53 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: True. Congrats on the new ride! But why the Buick? :9f:
Loved it. Quiet. Comfortable seats. Smooth ride. Lots of great bells and whistles. AND I got a great deal.

My CRV was not comfortable at all for long road trips, and Hondas are known for being a bit noisy. I tested a few other vehicles, and the Buick won, hands down. Surprisingly, the absolute worst one I tested was the RAV4.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 17th, 2016, 11:40 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
Loved it. Quiet. Comfortable seats. Smooth ride. Lots of great bells and whistles. AND I got a great deal.

My CRV was not comfortable at all for long road trips, and Hondas are known for being a bit noisy. I tested a few other vehicles, and the Buick won, hands down. Surprisingly, the absolute worst one I tested was the RAV4.

How and why?

We have an over 10 year old Ford Freestyle with almost 120K miles on it and not sure how long it'll last so we're starting to consider replacement options.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 17th, 2016, 12:08 pm

devildeac wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:

How and why?

We have an over 10 year old Ford Freestyle with almost 120K miles on it and not sure how long it'll last so we're starting to consider replacement options.
DD, I would recommend you look at the Hyundai SanteFe or SantaFe Sport, which is what I have with the 2.0L Turbo engine (the regular SantaFe has a V-6 engine and 3 rows of seats, the Sport seats 5 and has either a 2.4L 4 cylinder engine or the 2.0L Turbo) . Love it. Very reliable, comfortable, nice to drive, and it has the best warranty in the business. I've put 46,000 miles on it in ~18 months, and on my recent trips to NY, got 25-27MPG. That's the real gas mileage (miles driven/gallons added on next fill up), not what the trip computer indicated :)

AD, glad you love your Buick! Happy motoring! B-) :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 17th, 2016, 12:52 pm

:text-worthless:
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 17th, 2016, 3:05 pm

I purchased an RDX about a month ago. Acura has been desperate for sales this psst year. I was able to get a very good price. Plus I got all the new electronic based safety features.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 17th, 2016, 4:44 pm

Congratulations AD and YBT, enjoy your new ride.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 18th, 2016, 7:55 am

devildeac wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:

How and why?

The RAV4 was just incredibly noisy, and the ride was very rough. The only plus was that, to me, the seats were more comfortable than those in the CRV. I'm not the only one that has issues with the seats; my older sister is having issues with her sciatic nerve. Her CRV is a couple of years older than mine, before it was refreshed. Mine was actually quieter than hers and maybe a touch more comfortable.

The Ford Escape was actually better than the RAV4 and was roughly on par with my CRV. In all fairness, though, I didn't test drive the top of the line for either of them. Many of the car reviewers say that the Escape Titanium is just as good, more fun to drive, and costs less. The Buick almost drives itself.

One of the complaints I've seen on the Buick, and maybe it's somewhat warranted, is that the console between the front seats is huge. It's almost intrusive in its size, and as a result the front seats are a bit narrow. Lots of other features beat that out, though. The infotainment system is far easier to use than the one in my old rig. I now have a hands free liftgate, blind spot monitors, and sonar sensors in the front and back that really come in handy for when I'm parking. There's also a built-in switch for my garage door opener. The Accord had one, but the CRV didn't. Compared to the CRV, the ride is far smoother and quieter. Love the panoramic sunroof, too. Gave a bunch of people a test ride, and they were all suitably impressed with the comfort. I may have caused problems for MacGyver; Mrs. MacGyver really liked it and now wants one for Christmas. Given the fact that I've heard MacGyver complain about the ride in her RAV4, she might just pull that off.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 18th, 2016, 8:02 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: DD, I would recommend you look at the Hyundai SanteFe or SantaFe Sport, which is what I have with the 2.0L Turbo engine (the regular SantaFe has a V-6 engine and 3 rows of seats, the Sport seats 5 and has either a 2.4L 4 cylinder engine or the 2.0L Turbo) . Love it. Very reliable, comfortable, nice to drive, and it has the best warranty in the business. I've put 46,000 miles on it in ~18 months, and on my recent trips to NY, got 25-27MPG. That's the real gas mileage (miles driven/gallons added on next fill up), not what the trip computer indicated :)

AD, glad you love your Buick! Happy motoring! B-) :9f:
Thanks, Ozzie! DD, I've done a lot of reading on SUVs lately, and I did see lots of good things about the Santa Fe. Would be worth a look. The Sport sounds like it compares size-wise and engine-wise with my Envision. If you want something a little bigger in the Buick line, the Enclave has gotten better reviews than the Envision. I didn't need anything that big, though, so I'm very happy.
-- Albert Einstein