LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

windsor
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by windsor » November 3rd, 2016, 8:25 am

YmoBeThere wrote:My question is why didn't she fire her Realtor?

Excellent Question. I would have. In a New York minute.

It is just not good business - it is just unwise to say/do things which could alienate your current or potential clients/customers. (says the woman who stopped frequenting a small local breakfast spot when they chose to festoon their windows with political signs)
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » November 4th, 2016, 8:49 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:We have a new neighbor across the street. She moved here from Michigan to work at Duke. That makes THREE Duke flags that will fly now right here at our intersection (just around the corner from Ol'Roy)! The neighborhood groans are audible.

When I took over the traditional flowers from the yard she told us a good story about her house search with a local realtor. She was being shown a property in a rather rural part of town and called her new boss to ask if that was a good neighborhood. The boss said that yes, it was a VERY good neighborhood and that, in fact, she'd live very near Coach K! She relayed that to her realtor whose response to the new Duke employee was, "Well wouldn't THAT be something? You could be neighbors with Ratface!"

It was only my new neighbor's first encounter with one of those classless Neanderthals. She's probably had a few more by now.

Love, Ima
PS This should probably be on the "You can't make this stuff up" thread.
I would've had a new realtor immediately! That's awful for a professional person to say something like that about anyone! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » November 5th, 2016, 3:39 pm

I'm probably going to spend the next 3 days in the fetal position.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » November 5th, 2016, 4:58 pm

Bostondevil wrote:I'm probably going to spend the next 3 days in the fetal position.
Hang in there. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 5th, 2016, 9:10 pm

Bostondevil wrote:I'm probably going to spend the next 3 days in the fetal position.
We all feel your pain. I have never used the mute button so freely as I have in this election cycle. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » November 5th, 2016, 9:14 pm

I've had to mute quite a few on the Nextdoor app.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » November 6th, 2016, 1:00 am

YmoBeThere wrote:I've had to mute quite a few on the Nextdoor app.
OK - I'm app challenged. Truth - the only apps I use regularly are GoogleMaps and PokemonGo. So - what is Nextdoor?
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 6th, 2016, 5:51 am

Nextdoor is neighborhood social media. You have to be a verified member of the neighborhood to join and be able to post. It may be a suburbia thing. Mostly what gets posted are recommendations on local businesses, lost and found pets(lots of that here in SA, I think in many cases the owners just don't give a chit but [insert child's name here] is crying for the {insert pet type here} that they've let out 5 times before), and local crimes and car accidents.

Occasionally, someone will go off on a political rant or start giving a sermon. Those tend to be the folks I mute.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 6th, 2016, 6:37 am

FWIW, now is the time you will need to go into the user control panel and adjust your time setting under board preferences. Global settings.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » November 6th, 2016, 8:41 am

YmoBeThere wrote:FWIW, now is the time you will need to go into the user control panel and adjust your time setting under board preferences. Global settings.

The time is out of joint. O cursèd spite,. That ever I was born to set it right! Nay, come, let's go together.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » November 6th, 2016, 10:09 am

windsor wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:FWIW, now is the time you will need to go into the user control panel and adjust your time setting under board preferences. Global settings.

The time is out of joint. O cursèd spite,. That ever I was born to set it right! Nay, come, let's go together.
I've seen that somewhere before.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » November 6th, 2016, 12:22 pm

windsor wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:My question is why didn't she fire her Realtor?

Excellent Question. I would have. In a New York minute.

It is just not good business - it is just unwise to say/do things which could alienate your current or potential clients/customers. (says the woman who stopped frequenting a small local breakfast spot when they chose to festoon their windows with political signs)
We have to wade through so much of this around here that it gets to be expected. I've had to change places I shop, leave my bridge club, and on and on. Sometimes its just not worth it. She DID go to another realtor, though -- one who was at least smart enough to keep his mouth shut. Really, it can be hard to do business anyplace sometimes.

Living well in their midst is the best revenge. Drives 'em bonkers,bless their hearts.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 9th, 2016, 8:04 am

It has been quiet in this thread the last few days.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 9th, 2016, 8:46 am

YmoBeThere wrote:It has been quiet in this thread the last few days.
We know where you've been ;) .

=))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 9th, 2016, 1:20 pm

So I sent a black one-button Sag Harbor blazer to the cleaners last week. I haven't had it too long, and only the left pocket was unstitched.

This morning, in my state of semi-consciousness, I grabbed my blazer to wear this afternoon when I go to court. When I put it on, it was really tight across the shoulders. I thought, boy, I DO need to exercise. I bet I can't even button this thing.

Then I looked and it doesn't have a button. And both pockets have been unstitched. And it's a totally different brand, and a size smaller. Oh, and it's navy.

WTH? :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 9th, 2016, 5:12 pm

[quote="lawgrad91"]So I sent a black one-button Sag Harbor blazer to the cleaners last week. I haven't had it too long, and only the left pocket was unstitched.

This morning, in my state of semi-consciousness, I grabbed my blazer to wear this afternoon when I go to court. When I put it on, it was really tight across the shoulders. I thought, boy, I DO need to exercise. I bet I can't even button this thing.

Then I looked and it doesn't have a button. And both pockets have been unstitched. And it's a totally different brand, and a size smaller. Oh, and it's navy.

WTH? :9f:[/quote

:)) =)) Too funny.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 9th, 2016, 8:56 pm

For the last several years we have gone on the first Sunday of December to the Chapel to see Handel's MESSIAH. Now that the Rev is at churches in East Bend, it's a real rush to get to Durham in time. So this year i sprung for the high dollar Friends of the Chapel dinner and concert on Saturday instead. I sent the check last week.

At 1:59 my cell phone buzzed. I was in court and let the phone go to voicemail and promptly forgot there was a message until I got in the car to go home.

One of the iPhone updates transcribes voice messages into print. I had never looked at it before. Imagine my surprise when I saw that the transcription had taken the phrase "Duke Chapel" and changed it to...(wait for it)...

DAVE CHAPELLE

:9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 10th, 2016, 8:38 am

lawgrad91 wrote:So I sent a black one-button Sag Harbor blazer to the cleaners last week. I haven't had it too long, and only the left pocket was unstitched.

WTH? :9f:
Meanwhile, someone else has a black Sag Harbor blazer with one button, a left pocket unstitched, a little loose through the shoulders, and it doesn't go with her blue pumps and purse. . .

I hope that your dry cleaner will compensate you well for this loss.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 10th, 2016, 12:53 pm

In total there are 35 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 33 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)

Lotsa lurkers/spies out there. C'mon, sign on and post bad things about the cheaters!
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 10th, 2016, 12:55 pm

devildeac wrote:In total there are 35 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 33 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)

Lotsa lurkers/spies out there. C'mon, sign on and post bad things about the cheaters!
:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:

In case that isn't understood by those who don't go to school, let's try this.

GO TO HELL.
Iron Duke #1471997.