LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » September 19th, 2016, 5:20 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Yesterday the Duke Chapel choir sang an offertory. In Swahili.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apH8ZqQ ... &t=1h9m40s

:9f:
Very cool. Thanks for the link. I'm listening to Alan Storey's sermon now. My mom knows his folks, Peter and Elizabeth. She visited them in South Africa about 14 years ago. They took her over to the local shanty town, Ivory Settlement, to meet their son, Alan, who was living among the people he served. Mom bought a Peace, Hope & Justice candle (surrounded by barbed wire) there and she brought it home to me. It is in my living room today.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 19th, 2016, 6:42 pm

That is such a fun anthem to sing. Thank you for sharing it.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 19th, 2016, 6:43 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:

Wait- since I have sung this anthem more than once, am I eligible for a course credit at unc?
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 19th, 2016, 7:42 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:

Wait- since I have sung this anthem more than once, am I eligible for a course credit at unc?
LOL! You beat me to the requisite UNC post. I was going to ask if any UNC athletes were guest choristers for the week.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » September 19th, 2016, 7:52 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote: quote="lawgrad91"]Yesterday the Duke Chapel choir sang an offertory. In Swahili.

:9f:[/quote

LOL! You beat me to the requisite UNC post. I was going to ask if any UNC athletes were guest choristers for the week.
It was pointed out OY that I might get course credits but they wouldn't count toward a GED. :D Although, given their track record, if I played a sport, I might get a graduate degree.
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 19th, 2016, 7:58 pm

I really liked the anthem. The fact that is was in Swahili made it that much better.

Btw, for those of you familiar with the Duolingo app, Swahili will soon be a language option. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 19th, 2016, 8:11 pm

This is posted OY by someone calling himself wahoo2000. Wrong on so many fronts.

Let's call this a hypothetical: What if you were convinced your chances of winning a case were akin to the chances that BC wins the national title this year, or akin to hitting the powerball jackpot? Would you still waste the taxpayers money to give the victim his/her day in court?

If the guy is guilty, I hope the outrage generated by the story forces the prosecutor into proceeding, but I wouldn't expect much to come of it. Maybe if the player has a PD he could be intimidated/frightened into taking a plea. That attorney would have to be clueless though.

I'm so tempted to go full out wrath of the Almighty on this jerk. :9f:

If-God forbid-this person's daughter gets attacked in college, I hope it's by someone who doesn't play sports or she won't get her day in court.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » September 19th, 2016, 9:01 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:This is posted OY by someone calling himself wahoo2000. Wrong on so many fronts.

Let's call this a hypothetical: What if you were convinced your chances of winning a case were akin to the chances that BC wins the national title this year, or akin to hitting the powerball jackpot? Would you still waste the taxpayers money to give the victim his/her day in court?

If the guy is guilty, I hope the outrage generated by the story forces the prosecutor into proceeding, but I wouldn't expect much to come of it. Maybe if the player has a PD he could be intimidated/frightened into taking a plea. That attorney would have to be clueless though.

I'm so tempted to go full out wrath of the Almighty on this jerk. :9f:

If-God forbid-this person's daughter gets attacked in college, I hope it's by someone who doesn't play sports or she won't get her day in court.
OMG. What an ass wipe. Go for it, LG Sis.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 19th, 2016, 10:28 pm

Thanks, my sista!

And people wonder in 2016 why women don't report sexual assault. Neanderthals like this would only prosecute the poor.

Would REALLY love it if Assistant Public Defender (and damn fine lawyer) Tigerdevil would go off on his sorry ass. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » September 20th, 2016, 10:50 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Thanks, my sista!

And people wonder in 2016 why women don't report sexual assault. Neanderthals like this would only prosecute the poor.

Would REALLY love it if Assistant Public Defender (and damn fine lawyer) Tigerdevil would go off on his sorry ass. :9f:
Good response. I had to add one, also.

Of course, in the 2006 Nifong Attempt to Frame, people thought "the lying witch" (as I have dubbed her *) deserved her day in court. I disagreed with that because it wasn't a low chance of winning - it was a no chance of winning given the ATM video, DNA evidence, etc.

* Yes, the w is usually replaced with a b. I still hold a grudge against her but feel so sorry for her kids.
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 20th, 2016, 10:12 pm

This is page 1961 of this thread. I was not born in 1961.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 21st, 2016, 11:16 am

YmoBeThere wrote:This is page 1961 of this thread. I was not born in 1961.
I was born in 1961!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukePA

Post by DukePA » September 21st, 2016, 11:37 am

CathyCA wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:This is page 1961 of this thread. I was not born in 1961.
I was born in 1961!

Me too :D
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 21st, 2016, 12:22 pm

So, that would make you... 29?

:D
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 21st, 2016, 8:25 pm

Not that I am tired or overworked, but this evening when I walked into the bedroom I saw Merlin and Wesley on the bed. I told them what good dogs they were. I went over to pet them. I petted Merlin, and then I petted...a pillow. Meanwhile, Wesley was staring at me quizzically. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 21st, 2016, 9:31 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Not that I am tired or overworked, but this evening when I walked into the bedroom I saw Merlin and Wesley on the bed. I told them what good dogs they were. I went over to pet them. I petted Merlin, and then I petted...a pillow. Meanwhile, Wesley was staring at me quizzically. :9f:
Was it being a good pillow?
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 22nd, 2016, 9:01 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Not that I am tired or overworked, but this evening when I walked into the bedroom I saw Merlin and Wesley on the bed. I told them what good dogs they were. I went over to pet them. I petted Merlin, and then I petted...a pillow. Meanwhile, Wesley was staring at me quizzically. :9f:
I think you need a vacation.

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 22nd, 2016, 10:26 am

CathyCA wrote:

I'm going to an insurance fraud class next week at Smith Mountain Lake. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 22nd, 2016, 10:46 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

I will be in Christiansburg VA for the first part of next week. You will not be far!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 22nd, 2016, 6:11 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

Hmmm, so they teach classes on how to commit insurance fraud?