The Official "Good Morning" Thread

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: The Official "Good Morning" Thread

Post by lawgrad91 » December 1st, 2011, 10:57 am

Harumph. :9f:

Back from Circuit Court. Justice was mostly served.

New bone to pick w/ PHB: he asked someone to do a guilty plea for him on a traffic case, and sent an elaborate memo about the matter. According to his memo, defendant was pushing his broken down car, it got away from him rolling downhill and hit the Collinsville post office.

According to the trooper: defendant was driving in the rain and his car hydroplaned and hit a guardrail.

Trooper said he talked to PHB about it on the phone, couldn't get a word in edgewise, and decided it would be easier to straighten things out in court with PHB instead of trying to talk sense to him on the phone. Didn't realize PHB would dump this on someone else. (I only fault the trooper for the last line of this.)
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 1st, 2011, 4:53 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Good morning. Nothing like trying to solve car problems from 750 miles away. At least it's covered by a comprehensive service contract with only a $100 deductible that covers both the towing and the rental for today. ~O)
Your new car? Yuk.
No. My mom's 2007 Camry. Electrical problem. She called road service to have it jumped 3 times yesterday, without taking it to the tire store where she bought the battery last year. She called me last night. I doubt it's the battery, probably a bad alternator, which is covered under the service contract. So I've made all the appropriate phone calls and the car should be in tow as I type (NOPE! NOT there yet) to the Toyota dealer as per the service contract person I spoke with earlier. They want the dealer to do the work. Hey, it's their dollar, might as well get it done right the first time with factory (new) parts. Same $100 deductible any way you cut it. Only problem would be if it IS a bad battery, then I have an issue with the tire store, but they haven't seen/tested it, and I've wasted this effort/money getting another new battery at Toyota, which probably isn't covered under warranty, but we don't know that until it's checked.
It was the battery and not the alternator. Good news is, it had a two year free replacement from the tire dealer, and the Toyota dealer gave my mom a jump start after diagnosis so she could drive over there and didn't charge her anything for the diagnostic work they did*. Even better, she was still at the dealership and hadn't rented the car yet, so no expense incurred there - since it wasn't a service contract covered expense, the rental wouldn't have been covered, which also means that the $60 tow wasn't covered and she had to pay that. But that's cheaper than the $100 deductible that she would have had to pay for the alternator replacement, so I guess she's $40 ahead of the game. Now, if she'd only gone to the tire dealer yesterday when she got the car jumped the first time, this could have been taken care of at no expense and no additional wasted time by either her or me, but nooooooooooooooooo... she didn't have time to do that yesterday, she got it jumped 3 times instead. Mothers 8-| :-*

*They also "discovered" that there is a leak in the oil pan, which would cost $340 to repair ($40 in parts and $300 in labor). He'll check with the service contract folks but doesn't think that would be covered. My mom hasn't noticed an oil leak, not that she would. When the car runs out of oil, we'll fix it. I have since called the Tires Plus store, and they did a courtesy check when they changed the battery (battery was free, $15 installation fee X( ) and the oil level was fine (and all other fluid levels too), although they did not put the car in the air and look under it. They said bring it back tomorrow and they will.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 2nd, 2011, 7:17 am

Good morning. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 2nd, 2011, 7:32 am

Good morning!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 2nd, 2011, 7:59 am

Good morning! We may (or may not) go to see "It's a Wonderul Life" tonight at a theater in New Bern. It's a historic theater, and it's showing IAWL and "Miracle on 34th Street" this weekend. I've seen both plenty of times, but never on the silver screen.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 2nd, 2011, 9:11 am

Good morning. ~O)

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 2nd, 2011, 9:12 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Good morning! We may (or may not) go to see "It's a Wonderul Life" tonight at a theater in New Bern. It's a historic theater, and it's showing IAWL and "Miracle on 34th Street" this weekend. I've seen both plenty of times, but never on the silver screen.
That sounds like a cool thing to do! B-) Of course, with some home TV's these days, there won't be much difference, and the popcorn is much cheaper!

IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » December 2nd, 2011, 9:30 am

Good Morning! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 2nd, 2011, 9:49 am

Good morning!

PHB is out today, and the courthouse Christmas luncheon is in a few hours, and then I'm leaving early. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Iron Duke #1471997.
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » December 3rd, 2011, 6:22 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Good morning! We may (or may not) go to see "It's a Wonderul Life" tonight at a theater in New Bern. It's a historic theater, and it's showing IAWL and "Miracle on 34th Street" this weekend. I've seen both plenty of times, but never on the silver screen.
Two of my all-time favorite movies! In B&W, of course. I hope you got to go (or get to go); I'm sure they are marvelous on the silver screen!
Good morning. We're going to get a Christmas tree today and start hauling all the decorations down from the attic. :happy-bouncyblue:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 3rd, 2011, 7:10 am

Good morning!

How were the Christmas movies, CB&B?

We're getting ready for the Greenville Christmas Parade. Christian's high school band is marching. Pictures will follow on FB.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 3rd, 2011, 7:39 am

CathyCA wrote:Good morning!

How were the Christmas movies, CB&B?

We're getting ready for the Greenville Christmas Parade. Christian's high school band is marching. Pictures will follow on FB.

Well we didn't go. I would have liked to, but instead we stayed home and decorated our tree, then went to bed early. We are going to the Down East Decoy Festival today, plus the flea market, and a garden center, and thrift stores, and.....
So a good night's sleep was probably a good idea. :happy-bouncyblue:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 3rd, 2011, 8:39 am

Good morning. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 3rd, 2011, 8:56 am

Good morning. Alarm went off at 7:20 so I could go to the monthly Men's Breakfast at 8:30 I go to. Rolled over and went back to sleep instead - they could do without me this month. I'll turn on the coffee in a little while.

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 3rd, 2011, 12:57 pm

Good morning for those in the 3 time zones to the west. Good afternoon to those in my time zone.

I was up at 6:00, off to church breakfast, to the bank, to Kohl's, to Petco. :O3 :O3

I'm tired. :duke:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 4th, 2011, 8:06 am

Good morning! CTN was busted when I woke up, but it looks like I fixed it. :happy-bouncyblue:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 4th, 2011, 8:13 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Good morning! CTN was busted when I woke up, but it looks like I fixed it. :happy-bouncyblue:
Thank you. At first I thought it was my pc that was giving me trouble. :ymhug:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 4th, 2011, 8:13 am

Good morning. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 4th, 2011, 8:33 am

Happy Sunday morning, all! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 4th, 2011, 8:52 am

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: for the soccer team! :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:
Iron Duke #1471997.