LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » June 6th, 2016, 11:38 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Prayer and Vibe request for my friend Charlotte: She had a bone marrow transplant last fall and is going through a real rough spot at the moment. All vibes and prayers are appreciated.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » June 7th, 2016, 5:48 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:Prayer and Vibe request for my friend Charlotte: She had a bone marrow transplant last fall and is going through a real rough spot at the moment. All vibes and prayers are appreciated.
Also sending vibes and prayers for Charlotte and her loved ones.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 7th, 2016, 7:43 am

In at a conference this week. Was walking through the convention center when I ran into ... drumroll ... wait for it ... Pushy PI! We had a very nice conversation. He actually said that he feels badly for the way things went down with us, and he thanked me for my contributions to his research. Said he had learned a lot from me. Amazing, right? He went up a notch or two in my book. The former boss has never said anything similar.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » June 7th, 2016, 9:17 am

ArkieDukie wrote:In at a conference this week. Was walking through the convention center when I ran into ... drumroll ... wait for it ... Pushy PI! We had a very nice conversation. He actually said that he feels badly for the way things went down with us, and he thanked me for my contributions to his research. Said he had learned a lot from me. Amazing, right? He went up a notch or two in my book. The former boss has never said anything similar.

Wow. Well at least he saw the error of his ways. How about that. there may be hope for him.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » June 7th, 2016, 9:20 am

One more Vibe request - WindsorsMother is having knee surgery next week (arthroscopic in an attempt to stave off a full replacement)

Mother will be 79 next month, and her knee has forced her to quit playing tennis 3x a week. She doesn't foresee going back to tennis, but walking without pain would be a nice plus.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 7th, 2016, 10:00 am

windsor wrote:One more Vibe request - WindsorsMother is having knee surgery next week (arthroscopic in an attempt to stave off a full replacement)

Mother will be 79 next month, and her knee has forced her to quit playing tennis 3x a week. She doesn't foresee going back to tennis, but walking without pain would be a nice plus.

Vibes and prayers for WindsorsMother. (Love the tennis playing mothers - mine had to have arthroscopic knee surgery for a torn miniscus. It happened playing tennis when she was in her mid-60s.) Wishing your mom lots of pain free walking after her surgery.
Life is good!
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » June 7th, 2016, 11:40 am

Vibes for Charlotte, Windsor's Mom and all who need them :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 7th, 2016, 12:37 pm

Vibes and prayers for Charlotte and WindsorMom!
Iron Duke #1471997.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 7th, 2016, 12:44 pm

:ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY:
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » June 8th, 2016, 5:28 am

:wizard: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :ymhug: for WindorsMother, her medical team and everyone helping with recuperation!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 8th, 2016, 11:48 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Another "you can't make this stuff up" story.

Listening to a defendant whine to her mother about how she didn't do what she is charged with. (She is charged with breaking in the home late at night of a 74 year old lady who she had previously done private duty nursing for-lost her job when the lady complained she stole her pain meds-breaking her arm in two places and stealing $66 from her purse. The lady lay on the floor all night until her morning nurse came in. Needless to say, I have ZERO sympathy for her. NONE.) She told her mother on the monitored jail call, "You know, yesterday they said she had a fracture and now they say she had a break." Mom replied: "um, a fracture IS a break, baby."

:9f:
OMG. When I was about 3 years old, my folks asked me if I wanted to visit my uncle who had broken his knee in a car accident. I was totally freaked out and I told them "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!" In my mind, a "broken knee" meant that his knee had broken off!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 8th, 2016, 11:49 am

I'm praying for Charlotte! :ymhug:

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 8th, 2016, 11:50 am

ArkieDukie wrote:In at a conference this week. Was walking through the convention center when I ran into ... drumroll ... wait for it ... Pushy PI! We had a very nice conversation. He actually said that he feels badly for the way things went down with us, and he thanked me for my contributions to his research. Said he had learned a lot from me. Amazing, right? He went up a notch or two in my book. The former boss has never said anything similar.
Wow, just wow!

~ James Naismith
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » June 8th, 2016, 8:40 pm

My vibrator is in need of a tune-up. It's been missing some lately. Reading backwards, I know I have work to do! For starters, here are a bunch for Windsor and her mom and for Charlotte and the rough time she's going through.

Everybody will be noted in my journal tonight 'cause I love you ALL!!!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 8th, 2016, 10:18 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:My vibrator is in need of a tune-up. It's been missing some lately. Reading backwards, I know I have work to do! For starters, here are a bunch for Windsor and her mom and for Charlotte and the rough time she's going through.

Everybody will be noted in my journal tonight 'cause I love you ALL!!!
Love, Ima
We love you, Ima! How is DukeRah?
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 9th, 2016, 9:04 am

I'm vibing and praying for Charlotte, Windsorsmom, Ima and d Duke Rah.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » June 9th, 2016, 9:07 am

Golden State 2 Cleveland 1

LeBron and Kyrie had a big game last night.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 9th, 2016, 10:46 am

Thank you for the prayers for Charlotte. The Caring Bridge update last night was that they will be bringing Charlotte home to spend as much time and make as many memories as possible in whatever time they have left. Please continue to pray and vibe for Charlotte, husband Jim, children Matthew and Elizabeth, and especially for her grandchildren - that they will have the strength and time to fill these last days with good memories.
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 9th, 2016, 12:08 pm

:ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY:
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » June 9th, 2016, 12:11 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Thank you for the prayers for Charlotte. The Caring Bridge update last night was that they will be bringing Charlotte home to spend as much time and make as many memories as possible in whatever time they have left. Please continue to pray and vibe for Charlotte, husband Jim, children Matthew and Elizabeth, and especially for her grandchildren - that they will have the strength and time to fill these last days with good memories.

My heart goes out to them. I hope they can make beautiful memories in the time remaining that will carry them through the days and months to come.