LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » June 1st, 2016, 4:47 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Paula, the domestic prosecutor in Martinsville City Court, just texted us that in the midst of a criminal case, the defendant asked the victim, "Do you forgive me for damaging your property?" The answer was yes. Then the defendant said, "You are under oath, and need to answer truthfully. (Got down on one knee) Will you marry me?"

Victim said no.

You can't make this stuff up. :9f:
Isn't that first question an admission of guilt?

I'm glad that the victim said "no" to the second question.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 1st, 2016, 4:59 pm

Today, I had a guardianship/incompetency hearing before the Clerk of Court. My hearing was rather routine.

However, as we began our hearing, the Clerk told us that the previous hearing this morning involved an elderly woman whose family was arguing over who should be the guardian of their mother. One of the daughters had been previously convicted of "exploitation of an older adult," a felony. Part of the sentencing was that the daughter not go around or contact the victim. Who was the victim? Her mother, the one over whom she was fighting for guardianship!! The Clerk told us that it was one of the few times that she'd had to give a witness her Miranda rights before testifying, and she did it out in the hallway so that the daughter could make up her mind that it wasn't in her best interests to enter the hearing room where her mother was sitting.

After my hearing, I went to lunch with one of the attorneys for DSS. She began our lunchtime conversation with, "I had the weirdest experience in a guardianship proceeding this morning." I said, "Did it involve someone who has been convicted of exploitation of an older adult?" (Yes.)

People can be such L-) L-) L-) .

I can't make this stuff up. It should go in "the book."

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 1st, 2016, 5:58 pm

Bud's surgery has not been scheduled yet but it's looking like within two weeks. We will be glad to get it done asap. Bud and his cardiologist will confer soon and get things rolling. Thanks for all the vibes and prayers.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 1st, 2016, 6:28 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Bud's surgery has not been scheduled yet but it's looking like within two weeks. We will be glad to get it done asap. Bud and his cardiologist will confer soon and get things rolling. Thanks for all the vibes and prayers.

:ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY:
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 1st, 2016, 6:39 pm

CathyCA wrote:Today, I had a guardianship/incompetency hearing before the Clerk of Court. My hearing was rather routine.

However, as we began our hearing, the Clerk told us that the previous hearing this morning involved an elderly woman whose family was arguing over who should be the guardian of their mother. One of the daughters had been previously convicted of "exploitation of an older adult," a felony. Part of the sentencing was that the daughter not go around or contact the victim. Who was the victim? Her mother, the one over whom she was fighting for guardianship!! The Clerk told us that it was one of the few times that she'd had to give a witness her Miranda rights before testifying, and she did it out in the hallway so that the daughter could make up her mind that it wasn't in her best interests to enter the hearing room where her mother was sitting.

After my hearing, I went to lunch with one of the attorneys for DSS. She began our lunchtime conversation with, "I had the weirdest experience in a guardianship proceeding this morning." I said, "Did it involve someone who has been convicted of exploitation of an older adult?" (Yes.)

People can be such L-) L-) L-) .

I can't make this stuff up. It should go in "the book."

Hahaha. You really can't hide stupid. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » June 1st, 2016, 7:27 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
DukePA wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:Bud is having a cath tomorrow. Previous, he had a ekg, stress test and Mir. Sometime in the past, he has had a heart attract. No surprise to me or DukePa. His collesteral is well over 300 and he eats ice cream several times a day. After his heart is delt with, a hip replacement, we hope, will happen. Life is such. I have faith.
Quintuple bypass, here comes Bud. His spirits are good and he's ready to feel better.
When will that be, DPA? Extra vibes and prayers.
Thanks, everyone. We're not sure and it looks like they're going to do more workup since it's not an emergency. They're going to check his carotids since one of those was roto-rootered in '05. The good news is, is that he isn't having any chest pain or shortness of breath.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 1st, 2016, 10:31 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Bud's surgery has not been scheduled yet but it's looking like within two weeks. We will be glad to get it done asap. Bud and his cardiologist will confer soon and get things rolling. Thanks for all the vibes and prayers.
Let me know who his cardiologist and surgeon are.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » June 2nd, 2016, 6:04 am

Vibes and prayers for Bud and his medical team. Hugs all around, VDB and DPA!! :ymhug:
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 2nd, 2016, 10:06 am

shereec wrote:Vibes and prayers for Bud and his medical team. Hugs all around, VDB and DPA!! :ymhug:

What she said!
:ymhug: :pray: :wizard:
Life is good!
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » June 2nd, 2016, 10:14 am

Many hugs, prayers & vibes for Bud & his medical team plus for you too! Stay strong! :ymhug: :pray: :wizard:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 2nd, 2016, 11:22 pm

devildeac wrote:
DD and I talked this evening. He approves of the surgeon and actually sends some of his patients to him. Thank you so much DD for being my friend and sharing information. Bud has some test Wed., them will see the surgeon. I'll depend on DukePa to keep you updated. I think I'll be busy for awhile. Hugs to all of you.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 3rd, 2016, 9:48 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:
devildeac wrote:
DD and I talked this evening. He approves of the surgeon and actually sends some of his patients to him. Thank you so much DD for being my friend and sharing information. Bud has some test Wed., them will see the surgeon. I'll depend on DukePa to keep you updated. I think I'll be busy for awhile. Hugs to all of you.
Aren't our CTN connections grand? :happy-bouncyblue:

Sending you all lots of :ymhug: and :YMPRAY: this morning, VDB!

~ James Naismith
DukePA

Post by DukePA » June 3rd, 2016, 10:06 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Thank you, DD. You are good for our hearts in more ways than even a Cardiologist can imagine :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 3rd, 2016, 11:09 am

Y'all are most welcome. My pleasure.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » June 3rd, 2016, 1:50 pm

More vibes, prayers & hugs today for both you and Bud! :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » June 5th, 2016, 12:31 am

All hands on deck with vibes for Bud and his medical team! Lots of great recovery time on the docket before the first tailgate. By then he'll have rosey cheeks and be back to his smarty self! Let's DO this! :Heartthrob: Keep us posted all along the way VDB. And if there's anything we can do to help smooth things along the way, just say the word.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 5th, 2016, 1:10 pm

Thank you all for prayers and vibes, the CTN Magic. :ymhug:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 6th, 2016, 6:59 pm

Another "you can't make this stuff up" story.

Listening to a defendant whine to her mother about how she didn't do what she is charged with. (She is charged with breaking in the home late at night of a 74 year old lady who she had previously done private duty nursing for-lost her job when the lady complained she stole her pain meds-breaking her arm in two places and stealing $66 from her purse. The lady lay on the floor all night until her morning nurse came in. Needless to say, I have ZERO sympathy for her. NONE.) She told her mother on the monitored jail call, "You know, yesterday they said she had a fracture and now they say she had a break." Mom replied: "um, a fracture IS a break, baby."

Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 6th, 2016, 11:16 pm

Prayer and Vibe request for my friend Charlotte: She had a bone marrow transplant last fall and is going through a real rough spot at the moment. All vibes and prayers are appreciated.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 6th, 2016, 11:37 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Another "you can't make this stuff up" story.

Listening to a defendant whine to her mother about how she didn't do what she is charged with. (She is charged with breaking in the home late at night of a 74 year old lady who she had previously done private duty nursing for-lost her job when the lady complained she stole her pain meds-breaking her arm in two places and stealing $66 from her purse. The lady lay on the floor all night until her morning nurse came in. Needless to say, I have ZERO sympathy for her. NONE.) She told her mother on the monitored jail call, "You know, yesterday they said she had a fracture and now they say she had a break." Mom replied: "um, a fracture IS a break, baby."

=)) =)) =))
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein