LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 25th, 2016, 9:33 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:So ... I bought a house today. Really it's a duplex, 2 bed/2 bath/2 car garage. Perfect size for me. It all happened pretty quickly. Available real estate on the island is somewhat limited right now, especially with the features I wanted. The other places I liked were far pricier. So, when I found out someone else had made an offer, I jumped into the game. I won because the other buyer's realtor used the wrong forms.
Congrats! Life is good.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 25th, 2016, 9:58 pm

I have been absent for a long time. I have a lot of catching up today. We have done a lot of traveling. We left last Monday for White Bear Lake, Mn. Almost a 1000 miles. We drove because we were taking bunk beds we didn't need, for our great grandson. We spent a couple of days with them. Awesome. We left there on Thursday, with Donna and great granddaughter, 14 month old, Emily, for Great Lakes, Il. We went to our grandson's, Adam, boot camp graduation. It was great. Adam was able to spend part of Fr., most of Sat. and Sun. with us. We also had a really nice visits with grandson, Josh, and liz. They live in the Chicago area. Josh is DukePa's son. We feel blessed. On the way home we had a great visit with two of our old Navy friends, Dave and Deanna. Dave was a deep sea diver, as was Bud. We're home, thank goodness. I started back doing my pool excersizes today. we have tons of garden work to do. All is good. By the way, Adam was in a special boot cam. Now he is pre-buds. Love my CTN friends.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 25th, 2016, 9:59 pm

Oh yea, I brought home some beer for DD, from Wisconsin. :D
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 26th, 2016, 4:57 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:I have been absent for a long time. I have a lot of catching up today. We have done a lot of traveling. We left last Monday for White Bear Lake, Mn. Almost a 1000 miles. We drove because we were taking bunk beds we didn't need, for our great grandson. We spent a couple of days with them. Awesome. We left there on Thursday, with Donna and great granddaughter, 14 month old, Emily, for Great Lakes, Il. We went to our grandson's, Adam, boot camp graduation. It was great. Adam was able to spend part of Fr., most of Sat. and Sun. with us. We also had a really nice visits with grandson, Josh, and liz. They live in the Chicago area. Josh is DukePa's son. We feel blessed. On the way home we had a great visit with two of our old Navy friends, Dave and Deanna. Dave was a deep sea diver, as was Bud. We're home, thank goodness. I started back doing my pool excersizes today. we have tons of garden work to do. All is good. By the way, Adam was in a special boot cam. Now he is pre-buds. Love my CTN friends.
Sounds like a wonderful trip, VDB. :happy-bouncyblue: Glad you're home safely.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 26th, 2016, 6:04 am

ArkieDukie wrote:So ... I bought a house today. Really it's a duplex, 2 bed/2 bath/2 car garage. Perfect size for me. It all happened pretty quickly. Available real estate on the island is somewhat limited right now, especially with the features I wanted. The other places I liked were far pricier. So, when I found out someone else had made an offer, I jumped into the game. I won because the other buyer's realtor used the wrong forms.
Wait! You like your job enough now to buy a duplex and stay where you are? I thought you couldn't wait to get out of there? :-?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 26th, 2016, 6:41 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Wait! You like your job enough now to buy a duplex and stay where you are? I thought you couldn't wait to get out of there? :-?
LOL! Things have calmed down a lot lately, and the situation has improved greatly. RR is still the psycho bitch from hell, but she's not here most of the time. In fact, popular opinion is that she is on her way out. I have some new job responsibilities that are good, and I'm going to be writing some grants this fall. Neither of my job interviews last year would've given me some of the opportunities I have now. Honestly, the level of support I got from The Boss when my mom passed helped change my perspective a bit, too. Heck, they let me work remotely as much as I wanted. The Boss appears to have emerged a bit from whatever funk he was in, so our working relationship is pretty good right now. So, all in all, now I'm okay with being here for a while.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 26th, 2016, 7:34 am

Congratulations on the new home, AD.
Life is good!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 26th, 2016, 7:39 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
LOL! Things have calmed down a lot lately, and the situation has improved greatly. RR is still the psycho bitch from hell, but she's not here most of the time. In fact, popular opinion is that she is on her way out. I have some new job responsibilities that are good, and I'm going to be writing some grants this fall. Neither of my job interviews last year would've given me some of the opportunities I have now. Honestly, the level of support I got from The Boss when my mom passed helped change my perspective a bit, too. Heck, they let me work remotely as much as I wanted. The Boss appears to have emerged a bit from whatever funk he was in, so our working relationship is pretty good right now. So, all in all, now I'm okay with being here for a while.

AD is waiting for someone to dump a bucket of water on RR so she can sing "Ding Dong The Witch is Dead"
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » May 26th, 2016, 9:47 am

AD, congrats on the new home! Isn't island life grand? It's amazing how life has the tendency to work out. I'm so happy for you. More vibes rolling for McGyver and all in need.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 26th, 2016, 1:43 pm

Congratulations on the new place!
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 26th, 2016, 2:11 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Congratulations on the new home, AD.
Thanks, DinK!
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 26th, 2016, 2:15 pm

DukePA wrote:AD, congrats on the new home! Isn't island life grand? It's amazing how life has the tendency to work out. I'm so happy for you. More vibes rolling for McGyver and all in need.
Thanks DuPA!

Quick update: MacGyver was notified this morning that his friend is being taken off life support today. Think he's going to head up that way soon. Prayers and vibes for the friends family, please. Such a sad situation.
-- Albert Einstein
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 26th, 2016, 4:21 pm

:ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY:
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 26th, 2016, 4:34 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
DukePA wrote:AD, congrats on the new home! Isn't island life grand? It's amazing how life has the tendency to work out. I'm so happy for you. More vibes rolling for McGyver and all in need.
Thanks DuPA!

Quick update: MacGyver was notified this morning that his friend is being taken off life support today. Think he's going to head up that way soon. Prayers and vibes for the friends family, please. Such a sad situation.
I'm so sorry to hear this - for his family and friends and for the world that lost someone special in the fight against cancer.

:ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard:
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 26th, 2016, 4:35 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
Thanks DuPA!

Prayers for MGyver and his friends family. Very sad.

Gongratullatios on your new home and especially for your job taken a much better situation. :happy-bouncyblue:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 27th, 2016, 9:19 am

I haven't PWed in a long time. :D
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 27th, 2016, 9:21 am

So, here come a few PWs. ;;)
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor