LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by lawgrad91 » February 28th, 2016, 7:06 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:The bright spot of the afternoon was how the women's team had the tractors rolling today - they beat unc by 36. :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
The announcers on ESPN3 were sheeple. So there was a lot of verbal fertilizer. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 28th, 2016, 8:21 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:The bright spot of the afternoon was how the women's team had the tractors rolling today - they beat unc by 36. :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
The announcers on ESPN3 were sheeple. So there was a lot of verbal fertilizer. :9f:
=)) Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » February 28th, 2016, 8:47 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
=)) Love, Ima
That Pre-farming course I took at Duke makes so much more sense niw.
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 29th, 2016, 2:54 pm

Courtroom attire tip: when attending child support court, the "I make CUTE babies" T-shirt should not be the first clothing choice. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » February 29th, 2016, 5:12 pm

Is that admissible?
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » March 2nd, 2016, 5:53 am

12 to go
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » March 3rd, 2016, 12:23 am

YmoBeThere wrote:12 to go
Wants some help?
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » March 3rd, 2016, 5:58 pm

I cannot believe my son is now a teenager! Sean turned 13 today! Crazie, huh?
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 3rd, 2016, 6:19 pm

bjornolf wrote:I cannot believe my son is now a teenager! Sean turned 13 today! Crazie, huh?
Happy birthday, Sean! :ymparty:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

As the Bunsen Burns

Post by ArkieDukie » March 3rd, 2016, 6:33 pm

A bit of background: Road Runner has been traveling to Sweden A LOT - in fact, she now has a faculty position there. Since January, she will take a sick day or two upon her return from Sweden, stick around for a couple of days, take a 1.5-2 week vacation, and then take 1-2 more sick days. After another week or so, the process will repeat itself. (Added bonus: before leaving town, she will crank up the thermostat in her office. This thermostat also controls the temperature in MacGyver's office.) I've been telling folks that she is burning through her leave in preparation for a permanent departure. We were guessing end of fiscal year. Well, today she announced to her lab that, for the rest of the fiscal year, she will be spending 80% of her time in Sweden. She'll make a decision for the next fiscal year when the time comes. All I can say is, "Bye, Felicia!" :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:

Yesterday, I got a chilly call from her, asking why we had allowed the service contract on her instrument to expire. I answered with a very polite, "I am only responsible for instruments X, Y, and Z. Otherwise the PIs are responsible for their own instruments." (In other words, it's your own fault that your service contract expired. Try again, bitch. You should've thought about this while you were out of the country or on vacation.) Later in the day, I received an email from her, addressed to a couple of admin people in addition to me, instructing us to get a quote for a service agreement on her instrument, with more details on what we needed to do. I would say I cannot believe the chutzpah, but I can believe it. Flaming bitch is going out in a blaze of glory, because the admins don't appreciate her heavy-handed demand to do tasks that they do not perform for other faculty members. And, no, I'm not dropping all my other tasks to get quotes for her, because she has 2 people in her lab who should be handling this very task. Again I say, "Bye, Felicia!"
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » March 3rd, 2016, 9:20 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
Wants some help?
I need some. Or a quick kick in the rear end. Or both.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » March 3rd, 2016, 10:11 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
Wants some help?
I need some. Or a quick kick in the rear end. Or both.
No kick in the rear but happy to offer encouragement. Let's post, Ymo! You can do ita
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 3rd, 2016, 10:17 pm

AD, your work world sucks, IMO. :veryconfused:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » March 4th, 2016, 7:06 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:AD, your work world sucks, IMO. :veryconfused:
X2
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » March 4th, 2016, 7:07 am

DukieInKansas wrote: No kick in the rear but happy to offer encouragement. Let's post, Ymo! You can do ita
Working my way there....
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 4th, 2016, 9:07 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote: No kick in the rear but happy to offer encouragement. Let's post, Ymo! You can do ita
Working my way there....
Go, YMO!
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 4th, 2016, 9:08 am

bjornolf wrote:I cannot believe my son is now a teenager! Sean turned 13 today! Crazie, huh?
Happy birthday, Sean! :ymparty:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 4th, 2016, 9:09 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:AD, your work world sucks, IMO. :veryconfused:
I agree. No loss when she leaves, except for the poor people of Sweden.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » March 4th, 2016, 9:53 am

Belated birthday wishes to Sean.

It would be easier to believe he is 13 if you updated your picture every once in a while. ;)
Life is good!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Re: As the Bunsen Burns

Post by windsor » March 4th, 2016, 1:50 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:A bit of background: Road Runner has been traveling to Sweden A LOT - in fact, she now has a faculty position there. Since January, she will take a sick day or two upon her return from Sweden, stick around for a couple of days, take a 1.5-2 week vacation, and then take 1-2 more sick days. After another week or so, the process will repeat itself. (Added bonus: before leaving town, she will crank up the thermostat in her office. This thermostat also controls the temperature in MacGyver's office.) I've been telling folks that she is burning through her leave in preparation for a permanent departure. We were guessing end of fiscal year. Well, today she announced to her lab that, for the rest of the fiscal year, she will be spending 80% of her time in Sweden. She'll make a decision for the next fiscal year when the time comes. All I can say is, "Bye, Felicia!" :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:

Yesterday, I got a chilly call from her, asking why we had allowed the service contract on her instrument to expire. I answered with a very polite, "I am only responsible for instruments X, Y, and Z. Otherwise the PIs are responsible for their own instruments." (In other words, it's your own fault that your service contract expired. Try again, bitch. You should've thought about this while you were out of the country or on vacation.) Later in the day, I received an email from her, addressed to a couple of admin people in addition to me, instructing us to get a quote for a service agreement on her instrument, with more details on what we needed to do. I would say I cannot believe the chutzpah, but I can believe it. Flaming bitch is going out in a blaze of glory, because the admins don't appreciate her heavy-handed demand to do tasks that they do not perform for other faculty members. And, no, I'm not dropping all my other tasks to get quotes for her, because she has 2 people in her lab who should be handling this very task. Again I say, "Bye, Felicia!"

I assume, given your choir prowess, that your are practicing for a rousing chorus of "DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD" when she finally makes her exit.

...and yes, I did this once. In an office. Out loud.
Last edited by windsor on March 4th, 2016, 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.