LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukieInKansas » January 6th, 2016, 2:12 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Been lurking for quite a while now and falling down on posts.

Missin' you guys a lot but I've been preoccupied with daughter, "DukeRah" hospitalized for a while again. Same ol' same ol'. Debilitating infections from that botched surgery at Duke 7 (or is it 8?) years ago. Seems like a lifetime. I've lost track.

She's at UNC getting good attention. We're grateful. She'll start TPN tonight since she hasn't been able to keep food down for well over a week. Hope she can regain strength to fight this very ugly episode.

All vibes welcome and appreciated.
Love, Ima

PS Go Devils. Beat Wake for us!
Prayers and vibes and hugs continue from Kansas. Think of DukeRah often and always send up a prayer for health when I do. I'm sorry to hear that I need to increase the frequency and strength of the prayers.

:YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug:
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 6th, 2016, 2:29 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Been lurking for quite a while now and falling down on posts.

Missin' you guys a lot but I've been preoccupied with daughter, "DukeRah" hospitalized for a while again. Same ol' same ol'. Debilitating infections from that botched surgery at Duke 7 (or is it 8?) years ago. Seems like a lifetime. I've lost track.

She's at UNC getting good attention. We're grateful. She'll start TPN tonight since she hasn't been able to keep food down for well over a week. Hope she can regain strength to fight this very ugly episode.

Love, Ima

Prayers and vibes and hugs continue from Kansas. Think of DukeRah often and always send up a prayer for health when I do. I'm sorry to hear that I need to increase the frequency and strength of the prayers.

:YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug:
Same here, Ima. Lots of vibes and prayers for DukeRah and all of you.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 6th, 2016, 2:31 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Does the world need more Jethros?
We are getting one whether we need it or not.

Big shocker in the whole thing: Jethro is a planner. A meticulous planner. Anal, even. Plans out EVERY. LAST. THING.

When asked the gender of the baby, he said, "we won't know until it is born." :-o

He can't be the one to have decided on that.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » January 6th, 2016, 4:41 pm

GAME DAY !!!!!

Let's Go Duke !!!! :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 6th, 2016, 5:29 pm

Love, Ima

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Massive vibes to both of you. I can not imagine how wearing on both of you this constant battle has been.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 6th, 2016, 6:26 pm

Love, Ima

Sending big-ass, microbe kicking vibes - and also hugs - to DukeRah and you. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 6th, 2016, 6:29 pm

My mom's health is deteriorating rapidly. It finally occurred to me (thanks to a mention by my younger sister) that I can request FMLA leave to help care for her. I started the ball rolling today. Added bonus: since I do lots of computer work, the departmental time keeper told me I could work from there and count the time. Nice deal, right?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 6th, 2016, 6:31 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:My mom's health is deteriorating rapidly. It finally occurred to me (thanks to a mention by my younger sister) that I can request FMLA leave to help care for her. I started the ball rolling today. Added bonus: since I do lots of computer work, the departmental time keeper told me I could work from there and count the time. Nice deal, right?
...and as a bonus FMLA protects your position...so they need to give a spot when you return. Given the goings on, that may be worth something!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » January 6th, 2016, 9:02 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:My mom's health is deteriorating rapidly. It finally occurred to me (thanks to a mention by my younger sister) that I can request FMLA leave to help care for her. I started the ball rolling today. Added bonus: since I do lots of computer work, the departmental time keeper told me I could work from there and count the time. Nice deal, right?
Very good plan, AD. I'm so glad you'll have this time with your mom. Much love and many hugs to you and your family. ((( <3 )))
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » January 6th, 2016, 10:21 pm

Man, :ymhug: :wizard: and :YMPRAY: for everybody!
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 6th, 2016, 11:12 pm

Wonderful news, AD. :ymhug:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » January 7th, 2016, 5:10 am

Great win for the Men's Team last night over Wake Forest!!!!!!!!!

Marshall channeled his Inner Zoubek and was in Beast Mode!!!!!!!!1 Keep it up, Marshall!!!! The team needs you!!
:happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :happy-bouncyblue:
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » January 7th, 2016, 5:55 am

Vibes, prayers and hugs to Ima and DukeRah, and to AD and family!
:wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 7th, 2016, 7:22 am

shereec wrote:Vibes, prayers and hugs to Ima and DukeRah, and to AD and family!
:wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug:
QFE. }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » January 7th, 2016, 8:37 am

Love, Ima

Major prayers, vibes and hugs to DukeRah and you Ima! :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 7th, 2016, 10:47 am

I hope the ball rolls fast so you can spend as much time as possible caring for your mother. Those opportunities are precious.

Glad you have the added bonus of being able to work remotely - and avoid certain obnoxious lab co-habitants in the process.
Life is good!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » January 7th, 2016, 12:08 pm

Hoping this time with your mom goes smoothly and is rewarding to you both. My mother lives three states away and is failing quickly. It makes me sad that I can't be with her right now. Make the most of this time, Arkie. How far do you need to travel to be with her? Keep us posted and give her CT cyber hugs from all of us.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » January 9th, 2016, 7:07 am

Prayers for my Daughter, Lauren. Her father (my ex) passed away yesterday afternoon. It was a lot sooner than we expected (maybe a year earlier). I was actually called to the hospital, before my daughter was. So I had to contact her. Having 2 exes at ICU and waiting room, along with my daughter and her half brother and a few other friends and Our Family Pastor........ was an odd situation. Everyone got along great.

I have done a lot for my Ex over the last year. Because whatever I did to help and assist him; was for my daughter.
Forgiveness is such healing therapy and being positive is so much more productive.

RIP G, my Songbird ...... Now go sing with the Angels Choir !

Prayers for Lauren and Christopher (the kids) :pray:
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » January 9th, 2016, 7:36 am

:ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY:

I'm sorry, I have to ask. So, there were three exes there total, since one had passed, or there were two exes including the one who passed?
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » January 9th, 2016, 8:20 am

bjornolf wrote::ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY:

I'm sorry, I have to ask. So, there were three exes there total, since one had passed, or there were two exes including the one who passed?
I'm guessing his two exes were there.

DWP, your daughter has a great mom. My prayers are with her and her step brother.
Life is good!