Re: LTE 2.0

Post by YmoBeThere » November 4th, 2015, 9:13 pm

GTGC, GTH!

That game?
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » November 5th, 2015, 11:15 am

Is anyone going over to Cheater Hill for the game????

GTHC
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 5th, 2015, 4:13 pm

A word to the wise: make sure you proofread voice text messages before sending.

I intended to send a text to a friend today saying, "What kind of junk food are you eating for lunch?"

Fortunately I proofread before I sent the text, "What kind of JOHNSON are you eating for lunch?" :ymblushing:

:9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 5th, 2015, 4:59 pm

We are back in Efland. Hated to leave but we have lots do do here. Maybe we will go back next week.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 5th, 2015, 6:28 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:A word to the wise: make sure you proofread voice text messages before sending.

I intended to send a text to a friend today saying, "What kind of junk food are you eating for lunch?"

Fortunately I proofread before I sent the text, "What kind of JOHNSON are you eating for lunch?" :ymblushing:

Oops.
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 5th, 2015, 8:24 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:A word to the wise: make sure you proofread voice text messages before sending.

Oops.
Remember Steve Johnson, a 6'10" walk on 10ish years ago? The running joke was "insert big Johnson!" =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » November 6th, 2015, 6:11 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:

Oops.
Remember Steve Johnson, a 6'10" walk on 10ish years ago? The running joke was "insert big Johnson!" =))
GoDuke.com had him listed at 6'5".
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 6th, 2015, 7:04 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Ozzie has always had trouble accurately reporting the size of a Johnson. :|
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 6th, 2015, 8:48 am

:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 6th, 2015, 12:31 pm

devildeac wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

That's why I always use a yard stick....... Not that I measure one that often. :p
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 6th, 2015, 2:01 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
devildeac wrote:
That's why I always use a yard stick....... Not that I measure one that often. :p
You need a YARD STICK? :-o :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » November 6th, 2015, 3:10 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
devildeac wrote:
You need a YARD STICK? :-o :9f:

USING a yard stick is very different from NEEDING a yard stick.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 6th, 2015, 6:34 pm

windsor wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote: USING a yard stick is very different from NEEDING a yard stick.
I need a mop to clean up the red wine I just spit all over the waiting area of a local watering hole. =)) =)) :ymdevil: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » November 10th, 2015, 5:01 am

It's Tuesday......... but still GTHC !!!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 10th, 2015, 10:29 pm

windsor wrote: USING a yard stick is very different from NEEDING a yard stick.
Okay, now that I am on a device that will allow me to respond, =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Windsor, I think you won the Internet for, like, a month with this particular response.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 10th, 2015, 10:34 pm

Please send prayers, vibes, etc. for my family. My mom's condition is not so great, and we do not know how much longer she will be with us. I believe my siblings and I are ready to let her go so she will not have to suffer any more. Not sure if my dad is there yet, but I think he is close if he isn't there.

Frontotemporal dementia is truly evil. Hopefully someone will find a cure.
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » November 10th, 2015, 10:39 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Please send prayers, vibes, etc. for my family. My mom's condition is not so great, and we do not know how much longer she will be with us. I believe my siblings and I are ready to let her go so she will not have to suffer any more. Not sure if my dad is there yet, but I think he is close if he isn't there.

Frontotemporal dementia is truly evil. Hopefully someone will find a cure.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Massive vibes to you and your entire family.

Lost my grandmother and mother in law to dementia and it sucks long and it sucks hard. I am so sorry you have do deal with this horrible disease.

<hugs>
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 10th, 2015, 10:51 pm

Now for the good news. I have a date for my seminar: Dec. 14. I'm going to be giving a very public seminar, for the Hope Center for Neurological Disorders. Officially it's just a seminar. Unofficially, my inside source tells me they're looking to add a faculty-type position for me. The source says my salary would be split between 2-3 people, and I'd be doing research on both Alzheimer's and ALS. I'm cautiously hopeful and optimistic.

Had a fun meeting today with my favorite local collaborator plus two other colleagues, and 2 scientists in the collaborator's lab. We were discussing final experiments for a paper that could end up in a Nature or Science-type journal, depending on how the final experiments go. Road Runner could learn a few things from her about how to do real science. It is refreshing to be in a meeting that is a true interdisciplinary brain storming session. No egos run amok, as was always the case when Bar Minion was involved (may I never see her or work with her, ever again). BM was always bad about throwing hissy fits if we disagreed with her ideas, which is simply not constructive. This collaborator is also good about giving credit where it is due and not claiming ideas that were not hers. Yep, RR could definitely learn a few things. For as long as I am here, I will try to fly under The Boss' radar screen and keep working with the good people.
-- Albert Einstein
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » November 11th, 2015, 6:30 am

AD - big hugs, vibes and prayers to you and your family!!
:ymhug: :ymhug: :pray: :pray: :wizard: :wizard:

And more vibes for your work life to work out properly!!
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 11th, 2015, 8:17 am

AD, prayers and vibes for you and your family. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Also big vibes that your job change happens very soon. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: