Weather Check!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

Re: Weather Check!

Post by knights68 » July 13th, 2010, 7:18 pm

anybody got any rain they can send our way? We're parched!
How 'bout some rain vibes? lol
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 13th, 2010, 9:14 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Nasty thunderstorm here. Dogs are hiding in downstairs bathroom. Breaker switched off twice.
Lightning shouldn't trip a breaker. We need to talk. See the first product on my web site linked below - the Continental PowerwoRx e3!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 13th, 2010, 9:28 pm

Knights, vibes for you to have some rain. We have standing water in the backyard. :wizard: :wizard:

Ozzie, thanks. We do need to talk. I don't know how the breaker flipped, but there were lights in the bedroom when I went to work and none when I got home. Last week a different bedroom breaker flipped overnight.

I'll take a look at your product tomorrow when my brain isn't dead from court.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 13th, 2010, 9:32 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Nasty thunderstorm here. Dogs are hiding in downstairs bathroom. Breaker switched off twice.
Lightning shouldn't trip a breaker. We need to talk. See the first product on my web site linked below - the Continental PowerwoRx e3!
I'm glad we have Power Works. I feel much better with it and our electric bill has gone down. :)
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 13th, 2010, 9:39 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
I'm glad we have Power Works. I feel much better with it and our electric bill has gone down. :)
B-) :D :D

captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » July 14th, 2010, 7:23 pm

Right now, I could use a working air conditioner. Gonna try to clean out the condenser fins. #:-s
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 14th, 2010, 7:57 pm

Whole lotta rain today. Finally. :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 14th, 2010, 8:03 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Whole lotta rain today. Finally. :D
Send some to the Triangle, North Raleigh in particular. :-w :whistle:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 14th, 2010, 8:26 pm

captmojo wrote:Right now, I could use a working air conditioner. Gonna try to clean out the condenser fins. #:-s
Had that done today. Yesterday the tech replaced my blower motor, not with "original equipment", which was "special", ie, cost ~$1000 instead of $400 including labor, but with one that would fit and only cost the original $400 (the original installation company wouldn't use a different motor, so I found someone else who would). Then he showed me the fins - heck yes, clean them! I'll post some before and after pics later. I'll be the increase in efficiency for cooling will be 20%.

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 14th, 2010, 9:00 pm

Here are pics I took today of the cooling fins on my 16 year old gaspack. The cooling fins only affect the AC part of the system. I don't know if the other company cleaned the coils when they were hired to do a seasonal check of the system (several times over the 16 years, but not every year).
Attachments
DSCN1194.JPG
The "after" picture!
DSCN1173.JPG
The two sides you can see when you take the cover fins off. Yes, this is the before picture.
DSCN1169.JPG
This is the "hidden third side" that can't be seen from when you take the cover fins off.

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 14th, 2010, 9:23 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Here are pics I took today of the cooling fins on my 16 year old gaspack. The cooling fins only affect the AC part of the system. I don't know if the other company cleaned the coils when they were hired to do a seasonal check of the system (several times over the 16 years, but not every year).

Ozzie, can you come over here and clean my AC system? I didn't know that we needed to do that. Since you already know how, I thought that maybe you could clean mine! =))
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 14th, 2010, 9:42 pm

CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Here are pics I took today of the cooling fins on my 16 year old gaspack. The cooling fins only affect the AC part of the system. I don't know if the other company cleaned the coils when they were hired to do a seasonal check of the system (several times over the 16 years, but not every year).

Ozzie, can you come over here and clean my AC system? I didn't know that we needed to do that. Since you already know how, I thought that maybe you could clean mine! =))
Sure. I learned a lot watching him do it. The cleaning cost me an extra $200 in labor and materials over what the blower motor replacement cost me. I could use some extra cash! :D

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 14th, 2010, 10:39 pm

Wow, Oz, great information. I have never heard of cleaning the fins. Why not? This is somewhat like cleaning refrigerator thing o m bogs. :D I can't wait for Bud to read this info. j

You are such a great source of information.

Cathy, get Oz to show you the information on Power Works.. It's more than worth the money. When we decided to get it from Oz, we told our next door neighbors about it and gave him the info. He is a PHD of Electrical Engineering, his wife is an Electrical Engineer, they also got Oz to put one in their house. Oh, by the way, he is a professor at Duke. They are very happy with PW, as we are.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 15th, 2010, 10:59 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:Wow, Oz, great information. I have never heard of cleaning the fins. Why not? This is somewhat like cleaning refrigerator thing o m bogs. :D I can't wait for Bud to read this info. j

You are such a great source of information.

Cathy, get Oz to show you the information on Power Works.. It's more than worth the money. When we decided to get it from Oz, we told our next door neighbors about it and gave him the info. He is a PHD of Electrical Engineering, his wife is an Electrical Engineer, they also got Oz to put one in their house. Oh, by the way, he is a professor at Duke. They are very happy with PW, as we are.
He did hook it up at my house. I have all new appliances, so it didn't make that much of a difference, as I recall.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 15th, 2010, 5:20 pm

Pleasant surprise when we got home today. 2 inches of rain. I think it must have been yesterday, as the ground is still wet. To bad it knocked a lot of the corn down. :(
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » July 15th, 2010, 6:21 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
captmojo wrote:Right now, I could use a working air conditioner. Gonna try to clean out the condenser fins. #:-s
Had that done today. Yesterday the tech replaced my blower motor, not with "original equipment", which was "special", ie, cost ~$1000 instead of $400 including labor, but with one that would fit and only cost the original $400 (the original installation company wouldn't use a different motor, so I found someone else who would). Then he showed me the fins - heck yes, clean them! I'll post some before and after pics later. I'll be the increase in efficiency for cooling will be 20%.
I didn't take pictures, but the operation was a success. #:-s
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 18th, 2010, 7:02 am

Ooooh. Wind damage pictures on WRAL this morning from Efland. VDB - did you guys escape damage I hope?

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 18th, 2010, 10:27 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Ooooh. Wind damage pictures on WRAL this morning from Efland. VDB - did you guys escape damage I hope?
Don't know, we haven't been home since Friday afternoon. I'll have to call our neighbors. The last one we had knocked down a lot of our corn. :(
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 18th, 2010, 10:19 pm

No damage here. We had 1 1/2 in. of rain since Fri. :)
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 24th, 2010, 4:21 pm

It's official in Efland. It's 100 degrees in Efland. I just checked the thermometer. :flame: :flame: